1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +416
    What ever is good for you mate

Sent from my Mobile Zin finder!

2. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +1,020
    The Infamous Crab Claw Play...
    [​IMG]
    "OK pumpy, when he goes up in the air back here,
    you grab his scrotum and hang on until Weddle
    gets over there to clean his clock - gotit?"

~~~

Pumpy has been practising his grip:
    [​IMG]

3. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Which one is which? :cautious:

4. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    Well, let's see:
    I popped in to mock Matty Nice for the massive dishonesty
    of (at 10 a.m.) declaring that the Chargers would be embarrassed and the offense shut out,
    and then 3 hours later pretending he'd said no such thing, and declaring that
    the wise ones like him actually saw the Charger domination coming,
    because Norv only wins meaningless games
    (this is how you can spot a true fan: he trashes the Chargers before the game, and
    when they disappoint him by dominating a solid team, on their field, in ugly weather,
    tries a second trash route...he's the opposite of the irrational "homer" [hence Matty = Marge]
    he's irrationally anti-Charger...unhappy with the team or coaches 96% of the time...
    so he first said the Chargers would suck, then, when they didn't, the insult changed to
    'Norv only wins [57 ] meaningless games'...boy, he sure found a lot not to like on a day
    that most NFL fans said the Chargers rocked!)

Then Matty got mad at me at called me a "douchebag" for pointing out that he was trying
    to sell the idea that he saw the win coming, though he'd predicted exactly the opposite.

So, clearly Matty is the hero and Lance is the villain! :)

p.s. Okay, in the spirit of Christmas, I CAN say something nice about lil' Matty:
    Of the 4% of the time that he actually likes the Chargers, most of that is defending
    Ryan Mathews, who actually deserves defending: The kid has a great skill set
    and runs harder than 90% of the guys in the league. If ownership can put together
    an O-line that can run block and create some kind of hole for this kid, he can be a star.
    (this assumes, of course, that the fumble & injury issues are mostly history...)

5. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +416
    So that's how you hold them!

6. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +550
    Well, thank Goodness that you never managed to get my addy :roflmao:

7. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,426
    Defenses haven't caught on to Bolts' Danario

It seems defenses haven’t quite caught on yet to Danario Alexander.
    So, he’s still catching.

The Chargers wide receiver continued his tear Sunday, making seven receptions for 88 yards and two touchdowns. He has led the team in receiving each of the past six games, and yet, not much has changed.

“He’s still seeing a lot of single coverage, a lot of matchups where he’s not getting the best (defensive back),” Turner said this week. “He’s getting the third DB, and he’s taking advantage of it, and I think we’re taking advantage of it, and Philip (Rivers) is.

“Usually, what happens is it swings a little bit. When you keep playing the way he’s playing, pretty soon he starts seeing some double coverage, and then Malcom (Floyd) is getting singled or (Antonio) Gates is getting a little more singled or you’re getting the backs out of the backfield. That’s usually how it goes through a period of time when one guy is having great production.”

That isn’t an overstatement.

Alexander this season has 33 catches for 555 yards and five touchdowns, all coming the past six games. His 555 yards rank fourth in the NFL over that span behind only Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson and Brandon Marshall, and the five scores are the second most behind Dez Bryant.

If Alexander’s six-game pace was extrapolated over a full season, he’d have 88 catches for 1,480 yards and 13 touchdowns. The only player in Chargers history to surpass 1,400 yards is Lance Alworth; he did it once with 1,602 yards in 1965.

“He’s brought the big-play ability that we’ve talked about,” Turner said.

8. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    Not to take anything away from Alexander...he's done a great job here, so far...
    but Alworth did it in a 14 game season, averaging an astounding 23.2 yards per catch!

9. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,426
    Defenders were :poop: back in those days. ;)

10. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    Defenders could rip your arm off and beat your head with it (with nary a penalty), back in those days.

(Fred 'The Hammer' Williamson forearms to the head were legal then...and Alworth faced him twice a season)

11. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,426

12. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,426
    Martin, Stuckey to IR; Guyton and Brinkley Signed

The Chargers announced a number of moves today, placing Vaughn Martin and Darrell Stuckey on IR, signing linebacker Gary Guyton and re-signing running back Curtis Brinkley. The team also re-signed Logan Harrell to the practice squad while waiving wide receiver Kashif Moore.

Martin suffered a right groin injury during pregame of Sunday’s match against the Pittsburgh Steelers. The 6-foot-4, 308-pound defensive end is in his fourth season with the Chargers and recorded 27 tackles and one sack prior to getting hurt.

Stuckey, the team’s special teams captain, injured his right hamstring in Pittsburgh just a couple weeks after injuring his left one. The 5-foot-11, 208-pound safety finishes his third year in the league with 10 tackles, two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery.

Guyton is a 6-foot-3, 245-pound linebacker who spent the first four years of his career with the New England Patriots. From 2008-2011, he amassed 229 tackles, five sacks, three fumble recoveries and three interceptions. Coming out of Georgia Tech, Guyton had the fastest 40-yard dash time by a linebacker at the scouting combine.

Brinkley returns to the Bolts after being released on Nov.28 to make room for Micheal Spurlock. Prior to his departure, Brinkley played in seven games, rushing 29 times for 60 yards along with nine catches for 63 yards. In his fourth season in San Diego, he was also inactive for three games.

Harrell, meanwhile, is a 6-foot-2, 280-pound rookie defensive end out of Fresno State who returns for his third stint this season on the practice squad. He replaces Moore, who joined the team on Oct. 22.

13. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,059
    Well that's entirely subjective, depending upon your view now Ringo .........

Are you a Homer-phobic or a NN'er this week ????

14. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,059

I believe you meant to say ....

"YEP, that's exactly how I grabbed Jacks beanbag at the tailgate that day" .......

One of his most glorious achievements I do believe.

15. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,059
    are you 100% sure about that ???? :)

16. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,059
    That is quite the "slap in the face" to compare Alexander to Bambi in any way, shape or form if you ask me.

Must have bee a very slow news day to have come up with that piece of "fluff"

Yes Blew, that's what I consider as a total FLUFF piece !!!! ;)

17. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,059

Damn it ...... I told them someone needed to help Martin tie his laces before the game ........ Now look what happens, groin strain from bending to far.

18. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +416
    No that was your little finger!

Sent from my Mobile Zin finder!

19. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,426
    Are you suggesting there are issues with our training staff??? :eek:

20. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Not sure either gentleman fits in either of those categories ;)

21. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    You both back Mathews and AJ, so you've got some common ground to build on. By this time next year, you two could be best buds who tag-team anyone daring to trash whoever our coach will be ;)

22. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,059
    Yep ...... They obviously need more training in the field of "boot lace tying", as this is another area they seem to be lacking in.

23. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,059
    There are MORE pigeon-holes than those two you mean (other than the RR'ers ofcourse) ???????

Well blow me down with a wad shot !!!!

24. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,426
    This ain't the 40's, you old fossil.......... players don't wear "boots" in this era. :laugh:

25. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,059
    Now there's a team that could well rival "The Bushwackers" if they really put their combined skeeeels together and work hard enough.

26. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    Ha-ha! Yeah, there's a pairing that'll never happen! No idea about the next coach...
    I opposed Norv, strongly, at first...but, as time went on I kinda saw him as an unlucky scapegoat.
    Don't get me wrong, I didn't agree with everything he did (but I have criticisms of Belichick & Harbaugh, too)
    but I think Norv just became a whipping boy. I've heard lots this year about how horrible NT is,
    but precious few rational explanations re. how anything Norv actually did (or didn't do) resulted
    in the team blowing so many half-time leads...something they didn't do under Norv in the past.
    I think people are just frustrated, and attacking the head coach (san specifics that withstand any scrutiny)
    will mostly go unchallenged. Would I trade Norv for Cowher? Yeah. Would I axe him just to say I did,
    (or 'cause I was cranky) with no promise of a better coach? Uh... Anyway, it's almost certainly a done deal,
    so, as a fan, I can only sit back and hope they don't bring in a popular bum like Gruden, whose final 6 years
    were a clinic on how to take a team from #1, to sub .500. No, I won't trash ANY coach hard
    his first year...but I likely won't be happy with the usual setbacks of a new scheme,
    if I don't see the coach as a clear improvement.

27. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +550
    I moved :roflmao:

P.S. Considering to change my phone #, email address and even my name if need be :D

28. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +550
    Lance, a lot of verbal Jiu Jistu in there, so let me summarize what most of us had known for years: Norf Turner NEVER was, is and will be a top notch HC with an independent mind and an authoritative attitude, in the NFL. His fault has always been that he is a very "nice" man who supplicates to tyrannical owners & GM's: Snyder, Davis and Smith.

P.S. I'm not sold on Gruden either but whether an unpopular bum or a popular bum who takes a top team to sub 0.500, what's the difference?!

29. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    First, I've always said that I thought Norv was probably a pretty mediocre HC...I have no idea where the
    "top notch HC" thing came from...I've never heard ANYONE say that, ever. Of course, it's also true
    that I couldn't point to 5 bona fide, indisputable "top notch HCs" in the league right now.
    No, the argument has usually been that Norv is a horrible HC...and while I've heard it 1,000 times,
    I can't seem to get anyone to make an intelligent argument to support that.
    Like you, I've also heard the "nice" argument for years...but no one ever explains the theory re. how that's
    supposed to really be working. Ask, and you usually just get thrown an additional assorted recycled meme.
    I'm also on record as having said that I think 90% of fans misunderstand (over-estimate)
    the impact of a head coach.
    Bill Walsh was an (2-14) idiot with Steve DeBerg at QB...with Joe Montana (and Jerry Rice) he was a "genius."

30. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +550
    You need not look for in depth lucid arguments to validate or invalidate Norf's HC'ing prowess/inabilities, or any other NFL HC for that matter. All that counts at the end of the day, is the end result. I'm a big fan of Occam's Razor, when excessive words tend to cloud and clutter the argument ;)