1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +469
    Lance, ever heard of quitting a losing argument? Lance, the HC is sheet of a HC and this reverberates and transcends down the hierarchy. You knew that from the beginning, so stop wasting my time! I'm gonna go watch the Daily Show now :)

2. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,701
    I have NO IDEA what RM's health future holds, and I wouldn't wager on it. Any more than I know how
    Peterson's ACL or Charles' knee will hold up. For my money, as a #12, RM has a lot less pressure
    on him than a #4 like McFadden, who he has outperformed so far. And as for that 2nd, well,
    what was the true cost of that? Clipboard Jesus gets a view of the Puget Sound from the Space Needle
    and comes home? I get your point...I just feel like the "Chargers traded way up to get him" card
    has been overplayed. I just see way too much talent there to be anywhere close to writing that kid off.

3. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,701
    Physician, heal thyself!! Before advising others re. "quitting a losing argument" you could
    just acknowledge that I asked for an intelligent argument supporting the attacks on a Charger coach,
    and after endless crazy e-mails, the best you could offer was
    "Uh...uh...heh-heh...uh...me say Norv sheety."
    You could've just told me up front that you had nothin' and saved us both some time. :laugh:

4. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +469
    Wait till I bring on the full charm blast and my seductive powers to the table the next time :roflmao:

5. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,019
    They don't ????????

well shite, that explains the myth of the legendary LT Turf Monster then ........

I knew it was nothing more than a hoax ......... No flies on this little black duck. ;)

6. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +469
    Lance, brace yourself for Hurricane Jack! He is now rumbling through a few pages back, but he'll be catching up soon to bring some levity and logic into our mini spat :D

7. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    In real terms, they used a 2nd round pick to get him. One they could have had if they'd stayed put. No reason to cite 'traded way up' or whether anything's been overplayed. It's simply a lost 2nd round pick. Whether it was worth it or not remains to be seen. But it isn't looking good.

In terms of RMs future health, one can make an informed opinion upon the past. It may hold true, it may not. Past results may be no guarantee, but they are the best predictor, in fact we all use past results to guide us through our lives each day. It's more likely that move up proves a lost gamble. But like I said before, we can all hope the guy somehow starts having healthy seasons and finding holes in the OL.

8. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    There ya go

9. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,019
    They don't ????????

well shite, that explains the myth of the legendary LT Turf Monster then ........

I knew it was nothing more than a hoax ......... No flies on this little black duck. ;)

10. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,019
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha........you cheeky bastage.

Your starting to sound like a certain young woman that used to be a regular in the JNCP ............ Now was that one a little overly paranoid or what !!!!

11. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,019
    Hey, go farg Yaself ......A man hasn't even been in here for any of this and is still chastised unmercifully! ...........even if only subliminally (is that a word by the way ???) :D

12. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,019
    I picked his MO at first glance ...... The man is a playa ya know. ;)

13. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,019

Oh yeah, right, so that's what you'd call it !!!

By the way, just because you shave your nether-region, does NOT mean you can go around saying you're a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu ex-spurt.

If that gets out, you have half the Ladyboys of the world, karting chopping your arse here shortly.

ps....just on that subject ....

Anyone have any idea why Ladyboys are so prevalent in Brazil by any chance ????

14. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,019

That basticle's has "lost a step" for sure......

Probably didn't help that he was taken to the cleaners by a chick who had DEFINETELY lost a step or 6 in her time.

15. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,019
    Funny .....his Ex's have all said the exact same thing ????

16. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,019

Oh hell Noesssssss.........

I've just finished reading this little tit-4-tit and I know when I'm outta my league .....

Way to many big words from you elitely educated basticle's for me to wade into .......

Between your Eton edakashun and Lance's Ivy League one, my rather simplistic Norlane High matriculation diploma might as well be used to wipe my choccy-starfish with, after my next bowel movement.

I'm just imagining PUMPY wreathing on the floor, with a puddle of drool staining the carpet, after trying to comprehend what the farg you two were just on about.

To bad BLEW didn't get more involved or it could've looked like that Jeopardy edition where all the Grand Prizes winners meet and brained each other to death. :)

BUT .....

I shall add this much....

Norf sucks as a HC, how anyone could even argue that point is beyond the realm of common logic, simply CANNOT be left in change of the whole shooting match, just doesn't have that "IT" factor it takes to succeed in today's NFL.

Certainly hasn't been helped along by inadequate talent being bought in by a severely undermanned evaluating team that Spanos has assembled over the yeas either, but then again, who's to say he wouldn't have STILL managed to screw the pooch on that too ?.......my guess is he would have.

Bottom line is simply this .....

This franchise has had more "false dawns" and underachieved more so than any other football team in the NFL in the past 7 years as far as I can tell ....... Be it coaching, FO stuff ups, player revolts, soft cocks disguised as football players, clueless ownership, whatever !!!!

Bottom line....... They ALWAYS manage to fall short of expectations, that's not a sheer coincidence and until Spanos is gone, prepare for "much of the same" ......

I'm done blaming anyone but this wanker, he's where all the trouble starts and finishes.

Unless ofcourse he somehow magically gets a clue overnight as to how to run a football franchise......... I for one won't be holding my breath on that happening in my lifetime.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,019
    Lance, you should be aware that we have an ESPn-thingy going on between us all, developed over many years together, honing that talent at the CMB on a fairly daily basis, so I really wouldnt expect you to understand it being a Johnny-***-lately to the scene here. (hell, we dont either, we just know it exists and strange as this may sound ...... well all apparently look like Richard Gere !!!! ........now hows that for a coinky dink :eek: )

18. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    [​IMG]

??

You'd still grab a piece..

19. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Reyes
    On rotating a lot of players so does Vaughn’s absence create more snaps for the other defensive linemen:
    “Yea definitely.”

How? They only have 5 DL rostered.

20. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,019
    Well lets be perfectly frank here ...... If she wasn't any good at "throwing a leg in the air", then who the hell would be ?????

OK, that's enough, now lets give Frank his identity back and move right along.

21. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,019

Oh damn it ........

So now the world knows that he was also home skool-educated in the back seat of RYNO Mathews car, by Mrs Ryno.

Nutting' wrong with that, is there ?????

22. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +1,007
    Are Norv and AJ still around?

Why?

:sleep:

23. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +407
    More time to fish!:D

24. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +407
    Not sure if you had seen my post..... This starts tonight if anyone wants in....Rest of the season and playoffs

Pro Football Pick'em ;) Who wants to play?

You have been invited to join Pumpkin Bolt's Private Group in Yahoo! Sports Pro Football Pick'em.

In order to join the group, just go to Pro Football Pick'em, and click the "Join Group" button. From there, enter the following information...

Group ID#: 76065
    Password: fireaj

25. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +373
    I would assume that no decision has been made as to their replacements. The off season is a better time to assess what is available on the open market. Placing people in an interim position would be a knee jerk move... (not likely to benefit anybody except the torch bearers on a short term basis).

26. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +373
    Nice to see you have been able to move on after Kaeding. :D

27. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +407
    Sandy, Thank you Sir! :)

28. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,292
    He's a little confused. Rearranging deck chairs isn't what people usually mean when they say rotating players. ;)

29. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +407
    An owner that wants to win!

Sources: Josh Hamilton to sign with Angels

The Los Angeles Angels have shocked the hot stove market for a second straight year.
    Josh Hamilton and the Angels are in agreement on a five-year deal, according to Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports. The talks were first reported by Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports and Joe McDonnell of Fox Sports West on Thursday afternoon.

The deal marks another surprising catch for Angels owner Arte Moreno, who played his pursuit ofAlbert Pujols close to the vest last winter. The Halos had not been considered a potential spot for Hamilton, but the team may have been drawn in after seeing the market set around four or five years for the former AL MVP.
    Whatever the case, landing Hamilton is a coup — albeit a budget-strapping one — for the Angels. Not only are they taking him away from the AL West rival Rangers, but they now have the most potent lineup and outfield in the big leagues.

30. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,292
    I thought Sir Paul handled the new "Nirvana" song fairly well....... better than I could've expected anyway.