1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,533
    He's afraid his son will be addicted to it, if he gets one.......... too late. ;)

2. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +102
    Ummmm, does the story "Bob the anal fissure" ring any bells?:rolleyes:

3. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,533
    That was JNCP......... we're more classy over here. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,533
    The hilarity that is the U-T....... check out this bit of proofing. :D

Spurlock makes strong case for return in 2013

q

To that point, virtually his entire life had been spent in the Mississippi Delta, where folks are accustomed to frequent rain and don’t panic when sprinkles turn into a monsoon or even a hurricane. Micheal Spurlock had to come to San Diego, of all places, to find out just how terrifying a little rainfall can be.

His career at Ole Miss complete and his chances slim of being taken by anybody in the National Football League draft of 2006, Spurlock was on his way from his trainer’s gym in Alpine to perform for NFL scouts at San Diego State. As a passenger in a car driven by former Ole Miss teammate Marcus Johnson, Spurlock had a too-perfect view of another vehicle sliding out of control, then slamming right into their car at the I-8 and Mission Gorge.

“Nobody’d told me yet about how some people out here drive in the rain,” said Spurlock, 29, now a wide receiver and return man with the Chargers. “Everybody came out of the collision fine, but right then and there, I got some perspective. I learned how quickly things can change in your life, how one thing like that, going one way or the other, even just a little bit, can alter everything.”

In retrospect, Spurlock thinks that scare six-plus ago is partly why he’s not the least bit discouraged by an NFL career that’s bounced him around pretty good since, including on-and-off stints with Tampa Bay and San Francisco and releases from both San Diego and Jacksonville earlier this season. To the contrary, he’s appreciative of every opportunity, the fact that he’s lasted so long in a game where the average career lasts 3 ½ years.

“There are enough ups and downs in this league,” Spurlock said. “Don’t rock the roller-coaster.”

Conversely, while everything about the future of the Chargers is up in the air with Sunday's finale of a dreadful season, Spurlock surely has done enough over the past month as a replacement for injured Eddie Royal to warrant serious consideration for his return next year. And not just because of Thursday's announcement that he's the AFC Special Teams Player of the Week.

There were the seven receptions – five converting third downs to firsts – in an upset of the Steelers in Pittsburgh.

“That was big for me,” said Spurlock. “I mean, you’re talking about the Pittsburgh Steelers. You’re talking about physical football. We’d gone 0-for-14 there, never won a regular season game there.

“To do the things we did, and to be a big part of it, like, wow. I was like, “Is this really happening? Will somebody please pinch me?’ ”

You have to catch him first, something the New York Jets failed to do last Sunday. Spurlock set the early tone for the Chargers win at New York with a 63-yard touchdown return of the game’s opening punt -- the first such return against the Jets in nine years -- and finished with 173 total return yards.

The AFC special-teams award was the third of his career. In the years before he came to the Chargers, Spurlock had returned two kickoffs and one punt for Tampa Bay scores, including a 90-yarder that was the first TD with a kickoff in Buccaneers history.This, understand, is a player who'd never brought back kicks of any kind before his rookie NFL season of '06. Nor had he played wide receiver.

Spurlock, an athlete who was such a good quarterback that he set Mississippi high school passing records and compiled 4,500 yards while throwing or rushing for 45 touchdowns his senior season, stayed close to home by choosing Ole Miss. That meant he spent much of his college career backing up Eli Manning, then wound up a Rebels running back.

He and Johnson signed with an Encinitias-based agent -- former SDSU and Green Bay Packers lineman Rich Moran – who had them training before the draft with former All-Pro Mike Douglass in Alpine and track coach Rhan Sheffield.

"Put it this way," said Douglass. "I've worked with a lot of NFL players, but the only one whose jersey is hanging in my gym is Micheal's. His dedication to preparation is off the charts. He's not the type to kick down doors. All he needs is a crack that's open to him."

Spurlock has a degree in criminal justice, with a minor in sociology, and a plan to eventually continue his parents’ work of providing hospice care to the elderly. He has four young daughters of his own.

“That the best part of my day, going home to my wife (Danielle) and kids,” said Spurlock. “No matter how good or bad my day is at work, I get in my car and go home. The kids hear the garage door, run downstairs and it’s “Daddy is home!” It’s the sweetest thing.”

5. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,089
    I bet there's not a person outside the USA who even remembers this chick for her athletic ability (oh, maybe the fact she "laid down like a dog" for a little pity and more attention when passed by in Sydney wasn't it ?)

Yeah, real winner this one ....... Put her in the exact same category as Hilton and the Cardashboardians, the simple fact her 15 minutes were up a dozen years ago, makes her yesteryear's news at the very best.

Motivational speaker ??? ......on what exactly ? ....... How to get some high roller to spread her and his money around ?

Oldest profession in the world doesn't take 4 years at an Ivy League school to qualify for, last time I checked, bitch likes some dick and the dinero's, end of story.....

Think Disney are still involved with her ? :)

6. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    I knew you were a tad gullible, but that even shocks me that you'd fall for that lame arse excuse...... :)

7. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Not sure how that story compares in the least with the classic, Bob the anal fissure ?

One was sheer comedy at its best....... The other ........... Ahhhhhhhh, not so much a classic or even remotely original in content.

I still occasionally read that for a laugh, Suzy Flavour of the Minute will be forgotten quicker than a Teddy Cottrell coaching stint.

8. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    There was proofing in there ?????

Where ?

9. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    By the way.....

Did anyone see any Xmas pics from this years UT Xmas Party ????

Surely "the chair" got another workout !!!!!!

10. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    "Chargers shut out of Pro Bowl" .......

Well roll me in Maple Syrup and slap my arse with a spatula, how the farg did that happen ????

Doesn't the fact we have the Owner of the Year, carry any weight in this voting criteria ????

It's OK though, E-Dub happens to still think he's the best safety in the game, so that's some consulation at least .....

11. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    After diving into the world's 2nd oldest profession, she thought she'd try the oldest.
    Horny as hell and figured she could make some $$$ off of it. And she was right.
    Her Playboy spread could be in the same issue as the hawt dental assistant.
    Maybe they'll get them together...:roflmao:

12. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +426
    Thanks for looking out for me!

Sent from my Mobile Zin finder!

13. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Hmmm... Jack, could you please explain to me how Eric Berry deserves to go to the Pro Bowl more than Eric Weddle based on 2012 performance? I mean, Ed Reed is a no brainer but.....

14. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,533
    The way "old man" Gates beat Berry like a rented mule is enough to disqualify him from any consideration this year. It shows how reputation, earned or not, trumps actual performance when it comes to Pro Bowl voting.

And people think the game itself is a farce. ;)

15. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    OK, if that happens then I WILL pay attention .......;)

16. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Mate, your asking ME ????

Shite, seems things are worse than first thought !!!!

You know my thoughts in regard to the Pro Bowl....... On the same level as the Heisman Trophy, in other words, I wouldn't wate a second on it.

17. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Jacks NOT happy this morning !!!

Got a late call yesterday about working today ......... Politely told them, No Thanks, but was informed I was the last option.

Bastards will pay for this one, I plan on taking the next few Mondays off to watch some ball, farg em.

18. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,533
    You should be insulted to be told that you're considered the "last option" :D

19. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +663
    I feel insulted that Jack was even considered as any option :D

20. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Simple fact is, they didn't ask anyone else, that's a given, they just assume Ill do it without question and wait till the last second to ask....

Well they know I'm a soft touch BLEW and have taken advantage of my good nature just once to often I'm afraid ....

Farg the money, without time off to spend it, what use is it ???

When you reach the point of not remembering the days or where you went Yesty, then it's time for a rest as far as I'm concerned........plus the fact that the main bridge leading into Melb. is down from 5 lanes to 2 for the next 2 weeks while they resurface, is not only adding another 2+ hours to an already long day, but testing my ability to stay awake while driving......

Just shows how slack Aussies are in general Poofessoria, when I'm the one that can be relied upon...... ;)

21. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,533
    Yep, sounds like you're overdue for a holiday....... too bad, you're indispensable to the company. :D

22. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    OK Dave, found the answer, should have known to have gone to this source first. :whistling:

See, its all about Race according to Tina !!!!! :roflmao:

23. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Nothing to do with me being anything .............. let alone indispensable, a frickin' chimp could do this job, if it weren't smart enough to know better. ;)

Its just this kind of place that is so unorganized, the most basic shite ends up being a major clusterfarg and those at the end of the totem pole are the one's who end up getting the sharp end of the stick.

24. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,533
    Sounds like you may be management material. :laugh:

25. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    No Thanks ................

Last time I managed anything, I ended up living there for 10 years. :D

26. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Have just read that Terrelle Pryor will start against us this Sunday .................

That should be a glorious way to end the season with a loss to a bloke who has no idea of the team's gamplan after 2 years of studying, according to those-in-the-know. :D

27. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,533
    Norv is going to steamroll the Raiders, and get another game ball from Deano. ;)

28. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +426

Yea....But you had a good time there!

[​IMG]

29. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +426
    Maybe in the 4th qtr he'll be able to clean out his desk! :D

30. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,533
    Isn't that what the assistant HC is for?

Damned if I know what else the guy is good for.