1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. X FACTOR

X FACTOR In for Life.........

Ratings:
    +186
    Hell anyone of us here could fill AJ's job, and do at least as well.

2. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,524
    If Wolf has any sense, which I think he does, then he'll be looking at younger candidates. Dean doesn't want a short term solution, he wants to put a structure in place for the team to be successful when his sons take full control.

3. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,089
    I look forward with bated breath to see if that is in fact the case my friend ....... Though if I was A Gus and Little Johnny, I'd be doing my darndest NOW to help Daddy along there in making the BIG decisions that will directly effect their own futures significantly.

Is it possible that all 3 are totally clueless in relation to Football ??? :)

4. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,524
    We know for a fact two are....... our only hope is in little Johhny.

I'm stirring up trouble in the Norv "potshot" thread..... you may want to have a go yourself. ;)

5. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089

Small world ......

I watched this kid play in High school for the East Belleville Lancers back in the day .......

He and another kid who played for Highland High were all the talk in Southern Illinois football around the same time.

Both went to big time College programs, but Russell had the better College career, though he never made a dent at the Pro level, good to see he is still involved at a high level in the game though.

6. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,524
    Good to know he's smart enough to stay away from the Chargers?

7. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089

My thoughts exactly ...... ;)

8. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    If Little Johnny is our only hope, we might as well pack a cut lunch, grab the speedo's and head for the beach now ....... He'd be top of my list as far as clueless goes, if his record so far is any indication of what lies ahead, we'll be back to the 1 - 15 days very shortly.

9. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +102
    I'm not sold on Buddy coming back, even if he wanted to. The first thing he did in Buffalo is bring in our rejects. How smart did he look when Fairyman had his 5 minute career there? Buddy was the one who shifted all the money around to keep us under the cap, not a talent man IIRC. I wouldn't mind taking a look inside San Fran's FO, there may be something there. And hopefully he'd be the one to tell Big & Little Enos Burdett to sit in their office and count their money as he ran the team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,524
    What exactly is his "record"?....... do you have some hidden knowledge on John Spanos?

11. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +102
    I'd love to see a Harbaugh type come in here, but that's all fairy farts and unicorn turds. Hoping some young stud college coach or NFL coordinator can come in to lead us to the promised land has failed more than suceeded, i.e. Petrino, Saban, McDumbass, even Singletary.

With Holmgren's age, and the time he's been off the sidelines, he most likely would delegate to a trusted padawan who could then take over the reigns when he retired. If it worked out, that could leave us with a more long term dynasty. But, if we did take the younger, riskier route, I'd look to Sumlin from Texas A&M (spit).

12. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,524
    Buddy was in love with LSU players....... his "expertise" was too regional for my taste. You want a GM with a broad knowledge of the college ranks.

13. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +102
    His "record" is twice siding with an egomaniacle GM over the talented HC. Let's hope next time he gets it right.

14. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,524
    That's Dean......... Jack was talking about his son, John.

15. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +102
    True enough, but I don't see the next generation being much different than the previous

16. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,524
    John, at least, has some hands on experience in the FO...... something Dean never had.

17. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Been wondering that myself - hearing a lot of pissing but really know little of what he has actually done other than give some boring assed interviews while a game was being played... (Something I wish to hell they would outlaw during the 4th quarter of exhibition games...)

18. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Please tell me you did realize I was totally joking about bringing Buddy back ......... puhhhhhhlease !!!!......just what we need, another roster full of LSU underachievers, once was plenty Thanks.

19. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    What he has been responsible for recruiting in his time as Director of College scouting is all the knowledge I need to judge him by at this time ........ Can you give me any info on why you think he has the capabilities to successfully "oversee the GM and Coach" responsibilities ????

Didn't think so ..... ;)

20. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,028
    I guess that is why 74 year old Wolf is now spending his winter months in San Diego - was wondering why they would hire him rather than Jackfrosting who can extrapolate a man's 24 year NFL career by how he looks and what jacket he wears. They just wanted to make it more interesting and go through a "process" rather than being told up front how screwed up they all are.

Face it Jacko, you will be pissing and moaning until there is a change of ownership - and then you would be prepared to piss all over the next rich guy(s) that owned the team. ;)

21. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089

Ahhhhh excellent....... Nice to see I'm not alone in that assessment.

22. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089

Exactly ...... The apple doesn't fall from the tree....... Look and learn, it's a given. ;)

23. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Indeed he does ....... But again I shall ask you, what exactly has he done RIGHT in regards to his time in that position ?????

Gauging on what we have drafted the last 6 years, I'd say "very fargin' little" !!!!

24. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,524
    That's why your argument falls apart....... it doesn't matter what John may've wanted, AJ called the shots on draft day. If you can't grasp that simple truth, then I can't help you.

25. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +102
    I agree. But rumor has it he'd bring Jim Tomsula along as HC. I'd prefer to go with an offense minded HCand let Pags keep the D. If he could go with that, I'm all in.

26. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +426
    So AJ did what John told him to do! :roflmao:

Maybe I am crazy to think AJ did what AJ wanted to do!

27. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Memory fades and fails - but didn't Buddy and AJ have a falling out right after AJ moved up in the draft to take Jacob Hester, (AJ later explained he was impressed by Hester on his OWN visits to LSU)... Because that area was traditionally Buddy's, even when they were with the Bills, I always suspected that drafting Hester was behind Buddy's sudden decision to "retire" only to go on to assume GM of the Bills...

Regardless - I'm tickled that both of them are now gone.

28. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Rumor also has it that the decision on the HC will be made by committee rather than solely by the new GM by himself - that is Dean's way of doing business and I'm not so sure I agree with it - but imagine he is trying to assure its an "informed" decision and not one based upon personal relationships. He has been burned pretty good by giving his last one too much power after promoting him based on John Butler's dying recommendation.

Funny, AJ will now have to go through another first - actually trying to sell himself to a team owner for the first time.

29. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +426
    Dean said in his Press Conference that the HC will be by committee, not just by the new GM.

30. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Ayup - I'd say that was a pretty good "rumor" wouldn't you Pumpy! :D

OBTW, I also got a kick out of Blewy's New Years image of you - - - took a few minutes for my eyes to recover. ;)