1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +416
    Looks like shammy and CT are online not sure who took it down!

Sent from my Mobile Zin finder!

2. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,432
    That's what coaching is for. ;)

3. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,432
    D with an !

4. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,432
    Try this one....... ;)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +416
    Ok heading over there! Hehehe :D

6. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +416
    Lets see! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357109177.578713.jpg

7. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +551
    Haha.!Up there as of 10:56 PM PST :roflmao:

P.S. Gooey already saw it and seemingly liked it! Tom will ban you ;)

8. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,432
    Are you saying Pumpkin has friends over there?

9. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,432
    Lets see if his luck holds...... ;)

[​IMG]

10. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +101
    Throw instant retirement in the mix as well

11. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +101
    Wait a sec........... Gooey's a MOD?!?!?!?!?!?!:confused::eek:

That place really has gone to ****, hasn't it?

12. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,059
    Hey PUMP, I just got around to checking this weeks Pick em's.........all 4 of us had 12/16, what are the odds on that happening I wonder ???.......

And while of the subject of Fantasy Football ......

Am I right to assume that with Squash losing this years Final to Taco for the second year running, that means he has lost 3 straight FF Finals ??

WOW ...... A Man that can't finish the job, tell him his girlfriend must be so proud ...... ;)

13. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,059
    Pissing and moaning, or stating the obvious that homers hate to admit to Dave ???? ....... Guess it all comes down to one's own interruption of things, doesn't it.

The truth hurts some fans Dave, we all know that, ask BLEW, he's seeing it firsthand over in that other thread, where the delusional STILL insist in believing this team is just off playoff's !!!!!

farg me drunk, "just off playoffs"........ Those homers need to take a break from the pipe and let their heads clear for a moment, this team couldn't make the Lingerie League playoffs at present, let alone the NFL........how anyone could think such a thought just shows how far some are able to bury their own heads up their own arseholes, an amazing feat it must be said, but still, they really should take a flashlight along for the ride.

Mate, I have no fargin' idea who the bloke in the houndstooth jacket is for the record and was only making a cynical observation from afar, nothing to be taken overly serious about.

Yes I will, I am on record as saying that under the ownership of the Spanos Family, this franchise will win NOTHING of worth, so why wouldn't I speak my mind regarding it ? (Or piss & moan as you perceive it to be)

Has nothing to do with them being rich by the way, I'm pretty certain that to be an owner of any NFL team, even one as bad as our current clusterfarg, you still have to be rich, so I really couldn't give a rats arse who that owner is, as long as he brings some credible football knowledge along with him or at the very least, hires smart football peeps to run the franchise for him, so he can lounge back in his luxury box and enjoy the ride, like the Rooneys and the Mara's of the world do.

14. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +551
    Did that "news" make your New Year? :roflmao:

Jack ripped me a new one, like 2 months ago when I dared to ask who this new CMB Mod was :confused:

15. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +416
    He said he was hoping to be more like you next year and not have to worry about the playoffs! :D

16. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +416
    still there when I woke up....gone now! :coffee:

17. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +416
    Ray Lewis to retire after playoffs

18. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +551
    Did they also sink you with the Titanic? ;)

19. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +416
    Email from the bolts I got today........
    Dear Tom,
    The decision on who will be the next general manager and head coach for the San Diego Chargers is an important undertaking that will set the course for the franchise. To ensure they hire the best candidate possible, the team hired former Green Bay Packers General Manager Ron Wolf as a consultant throughout the process. Wolf reached two Super Bowls with Green Bay, beating the New England Patriots in Super Bowl XXXI, and has been in the NFL since 1963.

Chargers.com sat down with Wolf to get his thoughts on the process in an exclusive interview.
    [​IMG]

Hiring Process

The San Diego Chargers established the following process that will lead to the hiring of both a new general manager and a new head coach:
    • Chargers President Dean Spanos has retained Ron Wolf, the former Green Bay Packers General Manager, as a consultant to advise the Chargers throughout the general manager and head coach hiring process.
    • Spanos and Wolf will be joined by longtime Chargers executives Ed McGuire and John Spanos on the four-person working group that will be responsible for conducting all general manager and head coach interviews. The new general manager will join the process in the interviews for the new head coach.
    • Throughout the interview process the Chargers will not be releasing or commenting upon the names of potential interviewees. This is because some job candidates are still employed by NFL teams participating in the upcoming playoffs, and the Chargers will keep the names confidential so as not to cause a distraction for those teams and job candidates.
    • The goal of the interview process is to hire a general manager first, and then a head coach to follow, although the working group will remain as flexible as necessary to attract the best possible candidates for both positions.
    • The hiring process will begin immediately, with the Chargers today beginning to seek permission from NFL playoff teams to begin speaking with candidates employed by those teams.

20. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +1,020
    Fixed it for ya.

21. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,020
    That was a well thought-out response Jack, and exactly what I enjoy about you! :tup:

I was merely pointing out that, when you get on a roll, your cynicism knows no bounds when it comes to expressing your disgruntlement, (you already know I'm the same damn way). ;) There is absolutely nothing wrong with it - but when it gets terse it ill becomes you IMHO, (or at least that part of you that you choose to share with the rest of us). Personally, I always like to hear what you "think" rather than standard response #1, #2, etc. (Boy am I ever going to catch it for that one! :eek:).

Regarding Tom Gamble - I perceive him as the "Anti-AJ", regardless of his name. He has been around for a spell, his Daddy also was a football man, and their family is from NorCal. The Chargers are hardly the only ones he will interview with, (see the news, very much sought after). I just picture him as a good "fit" for the Bolts - and when you look at the 9ers last few drafts, they are doing something right up there, it isn't *all* Captain Comeback..... He has had some pretty good help.

All that boils down to is I would be totally surprised if he came to SD as our new GM - but ...

22. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +416
    Your the BEST!

23. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +416
    Yes,

The 9ers had good players long before Captain Comeback.... I have never heard a bad thing about Gamble up here!

24. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,432
    There were so talented, they even made Masnusky seem competent. :D

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,020
    They have drafted well enough to let guys like Takeo Spikes, Travis LaBoy, etc. go, and continue to re-load. Something to think about. (At the same time, we were letting relatively young talent get away)...

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,432
    AJ was a horse's ***........ good riddance.

I heard the interview clip of Phillip on the radio...... he only had a handful of words with AJ over his time here. Do you think Peyton and Elway don't talk?

The biggest reason the culture around the Chargers sucks is because of AJ Smith. He disrespected players, and the press..... not to mention agents. Hell, he didn't even speak to the agents, Ed McGuire handled all the negotiations.

What other GM has absolutely no people skills? :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
  27. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,020
    Going to be real interesting to see if AJ gets a job any time soon, and if so - where. While I won't feel sorry for them, I will "empathize" with their frustration.

28. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,432
    AJ, like Norv would be better off with a "lesser" position. In Norv's case, that's being a top OC...... in AJ's case, that's going back to being a scout. He can sit in a dark room watching film, and being as big a curmudgeon as he wants.

• Agree Agree x 2
  29. newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    just checking in from the country that is currently going through a warm summer.

watching football and world juniors IIHF because there's nothing else exciting going on in this ***-end of the world!

already planning another trip to the great northern land at the end of the year :D

30. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,059
    Show me where I ever said anything about anyone, especially AJ of all peeps, listning to any recommendation LJ or any other of our scouts had to say ???

If any, that just reinforces my argument that he couldn't find talent if it smacked him in the nuts ........ also what yoour saying is that the "Director of College Scouting" title that LJ was gifted with, was nothing but a token gesture and that anything he did in that regard was of little consequence anyway ?

So again..................why is he now being promoted to a position of far more importance, "The Overseer of GM & Football coach" if he wasn't important enough to listen to as "Director of College scouting" ???? (even if it was nothing but a faux pas position of importance)

Man, its so confusing when nepotism plays such a huge role within a franchise, isn't it ......... let alone detrimental. ;) :roflmao: