1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Stallion1994

Stallion1994 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    Who will be the next GM... who will be the next head coach...

The suspense is killing me...

2. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
  3. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    I'm impressed that fucks makes it through the censors but **** doesn't. #priorities.

4. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Spanos is as Spanos does.

C vs LT issue: You fucks are ****** on that one. Hardwick is okay, not much better, but ****, we have nothing at LT. Jayzus, Hardwick is the best guy on our OL (not saying much, but the worst guy is at LT). Draft LT. Work on C later.

5. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Update on the peewee hockey team I'm coaching:
    Little bastages have realized that hustling counts for something. Now winning games.
    Took some 'no puck' practices to get that through their heads.

6. newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    Nice! Can't wait for the NHL to start again!

Just got news today about my new job I'm starting in just under 2 weeks, which means more money, and another trip to the USA in December 2013!
    This is going to be a great year!

7. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Congrats on the job damo.
    Looking forward to NHL too. 48 game season sounds about right. Anytime the season is so long that teams are expected to have downtimes, meh. I get that the owners are making more money in the short term, but damn, presenting inferior product makes no sense for long term interest. Course the NBA gets away with it, so there ya go ;)

8. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,071
    Geeez us crikey's Ringo ....... That post was from almost "last year", any chance whatsoever you could get into the "now" ???? :)

Not sold on Pags either, I really didn't see anything in the D this year that made me do handstands .......yes, Butler has shown something, Weddle has been able to maintain good form, but after that its nothing to get your knickers in a knot over.

If he stays, he stays, if not, no biggie.

9. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,071
    Did notice that in the original post myself ....... Good filter this one, has my stamp of approval anyway.

Good motto to live by ......."The more fucks the better !!!"

10. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,071

...and that's exactly why I can't get overly excited about any new hirings .......

It's like getting a new paint job, new rims and tires, the best CD player available etc and putting it in a Yugo ......... Hey that looks and sounds great, but it's still a "fuckings" Yugo under there you do realize!!!! (Yep, just add the magical "s" and it's all good). ;)

As for the Center/LG issue ..... Lets be honest, we need a complete overhaul along that entire Line ........the way I figure it, if you at least have a Center who's able to do his job at an above average rate, it's the closest place for Fillup to find sanctuary behind if nothing else, whereas a LT will take him 15 minutes to get too.

Yep, give me a huge-arsed Grader at Center for the boy to get happy feet behind, less distance to cover for bad shite to happen in my books. ;)

11. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,071

So did they comeback with the chant ...

"NO Pucks ....what da Fucks" ????

12. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,071
    Good luck with new job Damo, who you working for ???

13. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,071
    Oh fucks .......really ?, why bother bringing back that pastime ??? ....seriously, who has missed it anyway ? :)

14. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,071
    You still have an interest in between all that weightlifting and Crossfit retardation ???

You have a hernia yet ???? ;)

15. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,071

Laughed my fargin' arse off at this today.

(this link is from the paper down here and a little different view ..... http://video.heraldsun.com.au/2323871514/Fight-breaks-out-during-track-meet?area=videoindex2 )

See, told ya they are "passionate" !!!! :cool:

Loved how the announcer on the Aussie video just kept his cool and continued on with his commentary, even mentioning the 5' 7" height of one guy ............ to fargin' funny.

16. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Post game, Jones said he was playing with a Lisfranc foot injury... likely surgery needed. (Think I mentioned concern that foot injury would be the same kind that ended Roman Oban's career). Really quite an accomplishment to play a game like he did against ND on a bad wheel though. I'll keep hoping - both for him *and* the Chargers.

17. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +575
    Give it up Lance! You are again obsessing over someone proving you wrong on Norf. The proof was right there in front of you and not any further than your own nose and if you couldn't smell the stench, then you need to have it checked out!

Norf is gone and rightly so. Stop belittling the fans by being a jester using the straw argument. Norf did not build the team which was much feared in 2006, 2007 and partly in 2008. Now go ahead and post his winning stats for me to calm down :confused:

18. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    Proved wrong on Norv?
    What the Hell are you talking about?
    As a long time Charger fan (who, until the most recent era, had seen more losses than wins)
    my argument was always

"If you're hysterical to get rid of a .583 winner, make sure you're bringing in someone who will do better!"

Who is that, exactly? What do you imagine has been proved?

19. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +575
    Just a few minor corrections.

Don't fester. Norf is gone :tup:

20. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,452
  21. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    Again, anyone who's been a Charger fan for decades knows that the history of
    this franchise was sub .500. Now, you may not understand that--as frustrating as it could be at times--
    the last decade was the best decade in team history
    (never before had the team had such a strech without a losing season). Maybe you don't value that...I do.
    I don't think some casual fans--furious about missing the playoffs on a tie-breaker--
    can relate to a decade or more without a whiff of the playoffs. That really sucked.
    Again, the only rational argument for replacing a coach, is that you install someone better.
    I kept asking who that would be, because my concern for the team is bigger than my
    frustration with Norv (who, for the 100th time, I opposed hiring in '07).
    You sound like one of those guys who screams for the kicker to be dumped, but when you're asked
    which available kicker out there would you replace him with (who has a superior resume) you
    don't answer...you just keep complaining.
    I would've traded Norv for Cowher...but would I just dump Norv, and just hope that magically
    the next unnamed guy would produce better results than this franchise traditionally has?

22. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,452
    It's OK, Lance....... I didn't think Norv was that terrible either. ;)

He won a few playoff games, but he was saddle with AJ's terrible picks. He's not a great HC, but his isn't as bad as his detractors would have you believe. I do think he's better off staying as an OC though. There's just too much built in fan hostility for him to ever be a HC again.

23. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +575
    Lance, stop the weak huff and puff argument augmented by your cherished Norf percentile of 0.583 or whatever the farg it is. It is pure horsesheet and here is why:

In the last 3 years of Norf's coaching tenture, most of the Chargers wins came against terrible Divi opponents, most of which did not have a QB worth a lick. I may not have been a Chargers fan as long as you have (I moved here in 1990) but I do remember the frightful and horrid era post HC Ross. I will not go into the details as I feel that arguing with you is a waste of my time, but remember that during the 90's the Broncos had a QB called, oh what was his name? :confused:

The Chargers under the tenure of AJ Smith and HC Turner underachieved. AJ screwed up in a colossal way and Norf was his hiring. Norf is not and never was a great HC despite the stats. Like I said, get over it and stop this drivel.

24. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,071
    Oh lovely, an early morning stoush under way I see.

come on Lancelot, yes it can be looked at by simply going on someone's winning %, but honestly, does that give a "true" indication of the big picture ?

Many of us say NO.

As Poofessoria has mentioned, take into account. That many of those wins were against 3 of the weakest teams in the NFL and we got them all twice a year, so there were 6 gimmes every year, that any coach could pad his résumé with.

The problem with Norf coached teams were always the same ...... Couldn't beat the teams that mattered, other than the Colts, who else did we have any success against when it really countered ???

Pitt, Pats, Ravers etc, all beat our arses when it was all on the line, that cannot be denied.

And yes, it is nice to be able to say that winning beats losing records, but it's also nice to see your team take that extra step when they should and that is one thing this team has NEVER achieved during Norfs years,they gradually just slipped into the area of "not a factor" and that means its time for household changes, regardless of if there is anyone better out there or not.

You can't just stick fat with a guy based on that theory, I'd much rather see the franchise take a chance on improving than stay the rabble they have become, yes that could mean a few lean years (I personally think that will be the case), but the only way to improve is take a chance now and get a few things right, something AJ and Norf were no longer capable of doing.

Now can Spanos "get it right" ???

Hmmmmmmm ........ That's a BIG IF in my opinion.

25. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,071
    Back at work today ...... SOB !!!

nice to have a break yesty though and have organized to have every Monday off now for the rest of the season, which should be enough to get me through the next month. ;)

Now, play nice ya basticle's, back later.

26. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,452
  27. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Huh? Wha? ..... Are we there yet?

No?

:sleep:

28. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,452
    Did Acee just take a potshot at Canepa?........ ;)

Acee: Chargers need winner, not name

Sure, Jon Gruden or Mike Holmgren would sell tickets right away.
    I guess. Maybe.
    A coach will excite enough people enough that they’ll buy tickets. But it won’t result in a cash infusion that would single-handedly eradicate blackouts or, say, offset the cost of such a big-name coach. And, certainly, such a bump would be temporary without the right results.
    Winning is what will alleviate apathy, get people to spend money on the team again, maybe even get them to hug a Spanos.
    The Chargers are expected to announce either current personnel director Jimmy Raye or Indianapolis Colts personnel man Tom Telesco as their next general manager today, and that man will join the search for a head coach.
    Truth is, the two remaining candidates have informed the Chargers of very similar, if not identical, lists of candidates they’d be interested in hiring.
    Thus, the Chargers have already decided who they will interview, even though they’ve done a remarkable job keeping those names private.
    Holmgren would be the easy choice. Gruden, even easier to make.
    Whoever will be interviewed, likely beginning as soon as Thursday, I just don’t think the Chargers can risk that Holmgren or Gruden might not still actually have the fire, that their message might not still resonate, that the tread on their tires is too worn.
    When I was told a few days ago by a team source who is in the know that the Chargers “need a change,” it resonated. The “change” comment referred to the Chargers brass being interested in someone different than Norv Turner and Marty Schottenheimer, their past two head coaches who came to town after holding head jobs at multiple places over the course of more than a decade.
    I do not believe this precludes the Chargers from considering Lovie Smith, who was fired last week after going 81-63 over nine seasons as head coach of the Chicago Bears.
    I like that move, and I wouldn’t be averse to Ken Whisenhunt, just fired in Arizona. Both men took their teams to Super Bowls, and such experience was described by Chargers President Dean Spanos as a plus. Also a plus, they’ve been head coaches in the NFL.
    But Spanos swore after firing Turner that he didn’t have a narrow definition of what he would be looking for. And I’m thinking he is leaning more toward searching for the next assistant that can become a head coach.
    Several people around the league and inside Chargers Park have said Indianapolis Colts offensive coordinator Bruce Arians is a top target, and Arians is interested in the gig.
    Denounce Arians as a 60-year-old career assistant if you will, but what he did this year as much as what he has done in his career makes him perhaps the most intriguing candidate. Before becoming the Colts’ interim head coach in September and leading them to a 9-3 record during his time serving in place of the ill Chuck Pagano, Arians is the guy who helped make Ben Roethlisberger an all-around quarterback. The Colts this year went 11-5 with almost a dozen rookies playing key roles and with a few dozen different starters due to injury.
    The Chargers should give a look, too, to offensive coordinators Mike McCoy (Denver) and Rick Dennison (Houston). Maybe they should try a new Gruden, Cincinnati offensive coordinator, Jay Gruden.
    But they should not go the big-name route just for the sake of doing it.

29. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    Probably saw the fan reaction to Canepa, and just felt left out.

I DO know which Spanos Kevin wants us to hug:
    The one with driving skills lesser than Lindsay Lohan, and whose name rhymes with "fawn."

30. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,452
    How many women could carry this dress off at age 61?........

[​IMG]