1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Setting here trying to figure out why the Jags would wait until Jan 10th to fire Mularkey...

....and then I remembered Marty...

2. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +102
  3. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Well it sounds like Caldwell has all his ducks in a row....

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...aguars-fire-head-coach-mike-mularkey/1823263/[/quote]
    Well - at least that solves the question as to where Greg Roman will be next year. ;)

Here is one of those news headlines that make me stop and say "what? wait.":

Chris Rainey arrested for slapping girlfriend over cell phone

Yeah - I took it the other way... :oops:

4. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Gotta say it - if I had a choice between coaching/managing games with PR and going to visit my old college buddy - that would be called a "no brainer" come decision time.

5. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,512
    Afternoon, curmudgeons. ;)

6. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +634
    No longer curmudgeons!

Haven't you noticed as to how young the new Chargers GM is? Get on with the new youth program you ginger oriental bastage :D

7. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +421
    What's up boys?

Sent from my Mobile Zin finder!

8. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,512
    Did you quote post me?....... I feel so special. :laugh:

9. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +634
    You know how it goes, "boys will be Boys" ;)

10. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +634
    You are "very" special sweetie :D

11. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +421
    So maybe I am an ***........ [​IMG]

I asked for some reference letters.......

I got this one back from my very 1st Grocer Manager for Albertsons.....

It worked he is a DM for CVS now! 1, 2, & 3 true!

12. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,512
    I learned something today........ Pumpkin is a :poop:.

;)

13. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,089
    He thought it was so good he posted the quote TWICE too....... You two need to stay at a Motel 6 for a night.

14. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089

That may well be the greatest reference I have ever been privy too ...... Fargin' CLASSIC !!!!!

15. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Would you like to apologize to me now or later ?????

What have I been telling you for years now about "the PUMPKIN" ????

And you accused me of embellishment ...... Shame on you. ;)

16. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,727
    I learned something today........ Pumpkin is a bit cooler than I'd previously reckon'd.

;)

17. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Quote:

To whom it may concern:

I cherish my time working under the tutorage of Mr. xxx (me). Nicknamed "Time Bomb", he taught me so much about the grocery business and life.

Some of the lessons learned:
    1. After working 12 hour days without lunches, breaks or thanks you's, one could look forward to being harassed ad nauseam for years to come after being caught in the Jack in the Box drive thru getting a little something for the ride home.
    2. While spinning the dial on the safe in front of Joe Giorgi and Roger Schlicter, the Whittier Narrows earthquake struck. It's better to be lucky than good.
    3. One must play through the pain. Time bomb broke my hand while trying to toss me out of a second story office window. My reward was to keep my mouth shut and work for 16 weeks with a cast on, and to this day my hand is severely deformed and I only have 10% use of it.

So I have learned so much from TB, and I would highly recommend him for any position in your company where he will not need to work, communicate, supervise or in any way come in contact with ANY human, he's your man!

I am available to provide additional information as needed.

Sent from my iPad

TIMEBOMB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could a man have a more appealing nickname in these days than that ????

I don't think so, congrats mate, you've taken things to a new level. :)

18. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ........ He is something else, no doubting that. ;)

19. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Jimmy Raye ?????? ........any sightings yet ?????

20. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +421
    Its 99% true....But he tried to push me out the window and he lost! :whistling:

REG: Time Bomb.... my boss at the time called me that I was 22 or 23 :rolleyes:

21. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +421
    Thanks Lance ............. :tup:

22. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +634
    Who knew you were Chargers GM material? Unfortunately, a day too late a Dollar short ;)

23. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +634
    Blewyyy, what you think about an iMac all-in-one? (new ones coming out soon) I have no experience with Macs and my knowledge of PCs is very basic. Bought a PC + 27" Dell Ultrasharp monitor from Costco.com but have buyer's remorse and will be sending back (did not open boxes anyway) I heard that the 27" Ultrasharp beats the Apple display, but not quite convinced as it looks flimsy (both have the 2560 x 1440 res) I like to have SSD but the all-in-ones do not offer. Apple is still using i5 but the newer PCs use i7 processors, but that doesn't mean a helluvalot to me!

I like the newest Dell XPS i7 with 256 SSD but it's still a Dell and costs $1999 plus tax. The monitor was $700 with tax, so the $$$ is in the Apple ballpark range anywhooo!

24. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,512
    The iMacs are a very capable all-in-one computer. The build quality is certainly nicer than the Dell. As far as the display goes, I doubt the Ultrasharp offers anything special, since the resolution is the same. Apple always has had top quality displays, and the new iMacs are improved over the 2011 models (which I have). They cut the screen reflections by 70%.

The i7 is an option, but it will cost $200 extra. If you "trick out" the iMac, the price will go up a fair amount.

Regarding the hard drive, Apple has a new option ($250 extra) called the FusionDrive. It combines a solid state drive with a traditional hard drive in one package. Your apps are on the SS part, and it intelligently puts your most used files on the SS aide as well. That. Way, you get most of the speed of a solid star drive, while still having the storage space of a standard HD. It's the way to go for maximum speed if you can afford it.

The new iMacs have dropped the optical disc drive, so if you use that a lot, you'll need the the stand-alone SuperDrive added. They also have dropped firewire in favor of USB 3 with the new models.

I got a refurbished 2011 27" iMac, and I'm quite happy with it. I saved a good bit of money, and it had the older connections and optical drive still, which I have use for. It as a top of the line BTO machine, with the i7 processor, and 2GB RAM on the video card.

The great thing about Macs these days, is that they can run whatever operating system you want. You can partition the drive with BootCamp, and have Windows on it as well. That way, you can boot up as a Mac, or a Windows machine. If you go the "virtual machine" route with software like Parallels, you can even run both OS simultaneously. Migrating your apps and files from a PC is very easy as well....... Apple makes these tasks simple.

25. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,512
    UTKevinAcee@UTKevinAcee
    Norv Turner is probably headed to be Rob Chudzinski's offensive coordinator in Cleveland. No deal done ... BTW, he's vacationing in Hawaii.

26. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089

Didn't understand a damn word of it ....... And I'm still impressed.

outstanding this Boy !!!!

27. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +634
    That was great, thank you Herr Meister Blew :)

The less reflective screen is a definite plus, but the lack of optical drive is a major draw back for me. which I had not obviously paid attention too :( If I buy the stand alone super drive, then it adds to the cost and of defeats the objective of an all-in-one! I will be trolling the refurbished dept of the Apple website, but I'm a bit hesitant about the earlier models, so I missed on a 27" iMac they had as a refurb a few days ago.

28. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +634
    You know, commenting on every post is not a mandate. Oops, sorry I forgot! You'll take any kinda date :roflmao:

29. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, oh my, how the wheel turns ...... Good luck with that one Norf, at least the only way is up with that franchise. ;)

30. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Well stop procrastinating and get your act into gear......... And also stop that other thingy your doing as well.