1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +426
    An O-line that can run block and protect Rivers.... CD sounds like a winner to me!

Sent from my Mobile Zin finder!

2. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
  3. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Breaking news on local ABC tv news:

My tweet to Annie:
    Charger Dave ‏@ChargerDave @annieheilbrunn Ben Higgens, local ABC sports director saying essentially the same thing - not a done deal but could be this AM.

Higgens was *very* clear that it wasn't "done", but sounded like his impressions are that they will be crossing t's and dotting i's this morning. He expects an announcement from the Chargers this morning.

4. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Guess we need Blewy to do some magic on that fargin hat! ;)

[​IMG]

5. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Mmmmmmm, so let me get this straight .................

Arians looked "home & hosed" afew days ago, yet they push his interview back to Wednesday, but know it sounds like "The Real McCoy" has all but signed on the dotted line ????

So that would mean Arians never even gets a chance to interview !!!!

Colour me confused ...... :confused:

6. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Did you really just ask that ?????

Yep, you did .....................well lets just say, if you had to ask, then you didn't quite get my drift on this occasion mate. ;)

7. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Hmmmm................................slackness is at a high level in here today I see, or is BLEW out walking the Royal Corgi maybe ???

According to the U-T, its already a done deal ...............

OK, at least we have a few names to mess with for a guy like McCoy, if nothing else...... ;)

I bet Bucko likes the name at least, his Hatfields & McCoy's nickname is gonna get a hell of a run around this place in the next few years......

Bring in the HillBilly and lets see what he has at least.

Anyone got a spare pair of those "BillyBob teeth" by the way ?????

8. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,524
    I think Arians was a "courtesy" interview, if anything...... when he got pushed back, I knew they weren't that interested.

All along, I thought that both John and Tom wanted a young guy like themselves....... no old retreads, and Arians was too long in the tooth too. I figured it would be between Bradley and McCoy.

I figured the offensive guy would have a leg up...... especially if they were OK with keeping the 3-4 and Pagano.

9. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,028
    I want to wait and see who his O/C is. Can understand the talk about "youth movement" and "fresh eyes" - but pardon me if I choose to remain reserved until I see some end results come the regular season - maybe half way through it. At least we won't have to put up with a pair of retreads that have already failed elsewhere and been fired as a result. Note that McCoy has *never* been fired? Might be something there - but we shall see eh?

10. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,524
    A positive about McCoy, is that his career has only had an upward trajectory.... no backwards, or sideways moves. But, as they say, the proof is in the pudding. I'm at least optimistic about these two hires.

• Like Like x 1
  11. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    No, all those points are fair.......

All we can do now is sit back and see what unravels, should know something as to how the future looks by the midway point of next season, plus whatever takes place on draft day this year also.

If this "new look" staff get the right pieces together in the draft, we'll at least get an idea if they have any clue or not.

Wish them luck and lets hope they can at least stand up to the negative effect the Spanos family will continue to contribute yet again.

12. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Hopefully the spin machine is accurate this time around.
    Bastage had better go for it at the end of the game instead of rolling overtime dice. Let's hope that decision was on Fox ;)

13. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Exactly, they can talk all they like as far as spinning the proverbial ..... "We have the Man to lead us back etc etc ......", but they better remember they spun the same shite out when they hired Norf and we all now where that ended up.

Enough of the talk, get some results if you want a fan base that's trustworthy.

14. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +426
    My glass is half full! :)

[​IMG]

15. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Haven't listened to the "spin machine" - but did listen very closely to what Mike McCoy had to say at both his dot com presser and the one on NFL/Network. No real mistakes made in either - including deferring the questions on "who" in his coaching staff.. Personally, I think Pagano is as close to a sure thing as it gets in that business - but he wasn't going to say it until they set down and talk. ;)

Edited - all that means is he did well handling the press - I am far more interested in seeing how he handles the TEAM. :cool:

16. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,524
    A mean that's comfortable in from of the press, will mostly likely handled himself OK in the locker room..... by all reports, he did that already in Denver.

Sounds like a solid hire, considering the available options. We could've done a lot worse, but we might not have done much better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,524
    Telescope and Turkey. ;)

18. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Hard saying, not knowing ;)

19. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Short & Sweet posts today Ringo !!!!

Missus got the leash nice and tight or what ????? :)

20. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089

That glass looks a little more than "half full" mate ...... Unless ofcourse half that fluid misses its target on the way down. ;)

21. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    I seriously doubt an OC would have been given that authority mate ....... And seeing as I'm sure I'd know what Manning would've chosen if given the choice, it had to be Fox's call that one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
  23. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089

WTF !!!!!

How the hell you copy & paste on this fargin' contraption ???

Know I've done it before, now it's shite itself and failing to obey me ....... Might be time to call Siri and pay out on her ? ;)

24. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,524
    What happened to all that hoist the Lombardi talk??? :confused:

Damn!!!.......... You are one seriously fair-weathered Chargers fan. :roflmao:

25. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,524
    The overly conservative bullshit had Fox written all over it. He's got a history of turtling when the pressure is on.

26. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Kids ;)

27. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    One season of weakness thinking the Chargers would win it all--the delusion was nice while it lasted. You should try it some time.
    Oh wait, I remember when you were an AJ fan far into his string of bad draft picks. :)

28. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    True. However, Bones dragged out a bizarre defense of it in his presser today. Hopefully he was showing his loyalty to bosses rather than any possible stupidity.

29. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,524
    **** AJ and the horse he rode in on....... couldn't wait to get rid of that insufferable bastard. :D

Hey, I'm all moonbeams and sunshine..... we can only go up from here..... right? ;)

30. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,524
    He basically said it wasn't his call, but he was onboard with whatever decision the HC made...... I don't see anything wrong with that.

Plenty of soldiers lost their lives knowing their commander was a clueless idiot (glad I wasn't a soldier).