1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Norv & AJ honed in on mediocrity, so we could go down
    That said, I'm glad we didn't end up with Whisenhunt/Reid/etc. May as well throw the dice on some new blood.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Did he? I thought the 97.whatever% remark was misleading bs, but I didn't see the video clip, so may not have gotten the entire context of his defense there.

Good thing the draft is no more. Now there's no defense for signing up and dying for clueless idiots...hell may as well go to college and become one :D

3. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +653
    If no one has asked this question already, may I ask the wise old men in here:

IS MIKE McCOY THE REAL McCOY?

;)

4. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +426

5 years late he's coming around! :D

Sent from my Mobile Zin finder!

5. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,524
    We'll have to trust the judgment of our "youngers" on this one. ;)

“Mike is just a guy who can adapt to anything,” Telesco said. “He was the most polished head coaching candidate I’ve ever seen. I thought he’d be good, but he had a plan and a process for everything.

“Some people come into an interview prepared for an interview. He came in prepared to interview for a job.”

6. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,089

He's DEFINETELY taken the Flip-Floppers decree and ditched the NNers like a bad habit...........so that club has yourself, Pumpy and Ringo as its official membership enrollment. :)

7. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Glad you agree ..... Personally speaking, I thought it was pretty darn obvious at the time.

8. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    They are getting shorter ....... The posts, not the kids... (I hope for their sake anyway) ;)

I don't see many midgets making it in the NHL of late.

9. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089

Good on ya !!!!!

Day late and a Peso short ya bastard (sounds like a Gooey reference, doesn't it !!!) ....... The "real McCoy" patent was mentioned yesty, now lift ya game Darling !!! ;)

10. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    I got sidetracked when I got to the "polished head" part !!! :whistling:

11. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,524
    Laugh all you want, you old corkholster..... the Chargers are going to kick *** next season. :abq2:

You heard it hear first. ;)

12. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    OK, back on the Lappy, where I know how to work shite !!!! ...yep, she'll do, we are not gonna miss Norf's daughter one little bit !!! :D

[​IMG]

13. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Hold on, let me just bookmark this post so when the denial comes forth next January, I have it for prosterity. ;)

I hope your right (for a change, ya Ol Tossa)

14. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,524
    You take this :poop: WAY too seriously....... it's only a ******* game, after all. ;)

15. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    hahahahahaha ..................take it seriously ???? :confused:

Shirley you are Jokering Batman !!! .................. I gave up putting the words "serious" and "Chargers"in the same sentence when Norf was hired 6 years ago. :roflmao:

16. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Hey BLEW, just listened to the HillBilly's Presser ................

Like how he covered things such as getting prepared for TC's, the Draft, and even preparing what foods the players will be given over the preseason.

All I want to hear next is how the Strength & Conditioning staff will be given a "Full overhaul" and that a entirely NEW medical staff will also be installed, THEN I can be certain that this guy isn't fargin'about and means total business. :tup:

17. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,524
    Norv won us 3 playoff games, that's more than anyone since Bobby Ross...... he's hardly the worst Chargers hire. We had some exciting games during those 6 years, it was the last 3 that were the most disappointing. The talent isn't what it once was though. I'm hopeful that two fresh sets of eyes can see what needs to be done to right the course.

18. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    As are we all BLEW .................... just that some of us are simply asking, "SHOW US rather than TELL US", which I don't believe is asking to much.

Norfs fate was sealed during the 07/8 playoffs mate, nothing he was directly responsible for mind you, but he certainly was apart of the group who allowed the pile of stench to grow, rather than fix it.

LT's knee injury, River's knee, Merriman's knee and Gates not 100%, cost us any realistic chance after that season, only Rivers came back and played at a level of any great significance.

Gates took a few years of playing sparingly and obviously hobbled, on sheer guts and determination, to get back to maybe 80 %, LT was only a shadow of his former self for the next 2 seasons and Merriman !!!! ................well, lets not even bother going there.

Then throw in the draft catastrophes, FO fargups, continued denial of obvious deficiencies etc etc etc ............. and here we are 6 years later, needing an almost total rebuild to be considered a serious Superbowl contender again.

Nope, certainly NOT all on Norf's shoulders, but being the HC during that time means he is the one where most of the blame is laid, regardless of whether or not its justified.

19. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Thought this was one of Cooper's "better" paragraphs of late BLEW ..............

Not sure that I agree with him saying that Vasaline is a necessary resigning, but hey, to each their own ............

I'm guessing that Gaither must have left town, never to return, no way he makes that statement if there's any chance he'd have to go face to face with the Big Puss ever again ...... :D

20. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,524
    Yeah, Norv wasn't crapping on the team when he said fans need to be realistic with their expectations for the new regime, but when have fans even been realistic?

21. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,524
    OK, I'm off to Skyrim....... I have a date with Angelina and Jessica...... toodles. ;)

22. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Ofcourse he wasn't, name me a person, let alone a high profile one, that is gonna speak truthfully during their tenure at that job and give a "warts and all" report on a weekly basis to the world ????

Anyone that naive needs their head read, just wouldn't happen, only once Norf was out of a job was he able to open up and tell it like it really is ....... he knows his HC days are probably long gone, but without overstepping the line, coming off as being honest will always still afford him a job as an OC somewhere in the NFL.

23. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Hold up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..........................You have a 3some going on these days ???? :eek:

You dirty Ol' bastard, half your luck, paint me impressed. :tup:

24. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,732
    Finally, some bad lip reading for the NFL fan... :D

p.s. Can we get Harbaugh some cake...now??

25. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Lance, I've tried to tell folks many times: If you are hard of hearing, not real good at lip reading but have a vivid imagination - you can have one hell of a good time. (Of course, if you possess an old sailor's dirty mind - it can go over the top sometimes). :cool:

Good find and duly STOLEN!

26. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Well, Dean wasn't kidding when he was talking about how full Telesco & McCoy's plates are at present. They have to immediately work on putting together the rest of the coaching staff for 2013, especially that O/C, make the East/West Shrine Game this weekend and the Senior Bowl next weekend, and start getting ready for the upcoming draft - among 1000 other little items. (Forget setting up households and getting wives/families settled in).

OBTW, hope we see mention of a Pagano sighting wearing a cap with a lighting bolt at the Senior Bowl - that would speak volumes. ;)

27. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,028
    NationalFootballPost ‏@FootballPost Report: Eagles land Chip Kelly: Oregon coach changes mind, jumps to NFL http://bit.ly/X7Prpv

Don Banks ‏@DonBanks Is this the reverse of Nick Saban not leaving Miami for Alabama denial? Trying to remember a similar turn of events in recent NFL history.

(I was thinking something similar to Don Banks comment and then Marty Caswell took the words right out of my mind)...

Marty Caswell ‏@MartyCaswell Does this mean Bruce Arians isn't going to interview with the Eagles? Wow...what a crazy turn of events

28. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Going to be real strange if Bruce Arians winds up going to the AZ Cardinals - apparently they requested permission for an interview with him late yesterday evening.

29. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089

I guess Nike must be going broke then ? :)

Just cant have these types that say one thing, then do the exact opposite, absolute attention-seekers who just love the spotlight ............... what are the odds he ends up doing "A Petrino" !!!! :cautious:

30. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,028
    How about a Nick Saban? ;)