1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,504
    Reports: Michael Crabtree being investigated for sexual assault

San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Michael Crabtree is being investigated over allegations that he sexually assaulted a woman last week, according to multiple media reports.

The San Francisco Chronicle reports that police have interviewed Crabtree about allegations that he sexually assaulted a woman in a San Francisco hotel early on January 13, hours after the 49ers beat the Packers at Candlestick Park.

Bay Area television station KTVU reports that San Francisco Police have confirmed the investigation, and that Crabtree is cooperating with the Special Victims Unit, whose detectives interviewed Crabtree.

Crabtree has not been arrested or charged. He is still expected to play on Sunday against the Falcons in Atlanta.

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,232
    No! Really.

3. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Maybe he would prefer Sting?

[​IMG]

#Imustsaying

4. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,028
    You already know I am in TOTAL concurrence on that item Jack. Can't happen fast enough to suit me either... given the end results of their efforts over this past 3 years or so. Don't know WHAT it is for sure, but there simply has to be something wrong there....

5. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Exactly which digit do you propose to use? #Imjustasking

6. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +633
    ER, calling Dr. Frost...

7. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,504
    Frankenstein forehead and bulbous nose?.......... no, don't see any resemblance there.

Unfortunate looking bastard. :D

8. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,089
    NO, gotta agree with BLEW on this one ....

Couldn't count the amount of times Ive had to go back into a post and change a word that I had no idea was even typed ......that damn spell check thingy can be more of a hindrance than help at times.

9. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Read that one yesty ....... My god these blokes are clueless these days ........ Everything in life to look forward too and they take this road ....... Guess Ill just never understand how that works, pickup a chicky, take her back to the room and end up facing assault charges ????

What happened to the simple ....."How 'bout a root" ??? .......yeah, great ......Ahhhh, very nice ......... OK, see ya 'round like a Rissole !!" Scenerio ???........guess that become a little to blah blah for some !!!!

10. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Indeed there is Dave ........ And it goes back many many years now........to me it started in full with the whole Merriman fiasco and has steadily declined ever since ........with the LT situation and beyond.

The fact that these players were allowed to dictate their own terms regarding their injuries was an absolute disgrace and as I said at the time, would prove to be their downfall, showed me that they had ZERO confidence in what Chao or anyone else around the place had to say on the matter.........now the fact this criminal is still around 6 years later and still assessing players injuries is so incredible I'm lost for words on the subject anymore.

11. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Sorry, in the middle of a Gyno examination, call me back later.

12. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089

So what, the tantric sex isn't an attraction enough ?????

Ol' Trudy seems mightily satisfied over the years, any man who can hold off busting a nut for hours is alright in my books !!!! ;)

13. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Ahhhhhhhh....... So nice to be sitting at the outdoor Cafe, sipping down a few Mocha's on a Sunday morn, knowing you have 2 days off work ......

This is the life.... ;)

14. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Have we found the Praying Mantis's long lost girlfriend while I slept by any chance ????????????

I'll just assume that the Oprah Special is being hastily put together for next week no doubt ???? :)

15. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,504
    A bigger drama queen than Merriman, and he's not even in the league yet....... the kid is an overachiever. ;)

16. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    ...and did I read he's a "devout Mormon" as well ????????

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ....... Just to fargin' funny for words, love it !!!!!

17. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,504
    Hard to believe that a guy like that would fall victim to a hoax. ;)

18. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    nahhhh, something fishy going on there BLEW, have a feeling there's alot more to this than we'll probably ever be privy too.

How naive can one Polynesian be afterall ???? ;)

That story of his has more holes in it than a secondhand dartboard, he's as believable as a Fairyman comeback. ;)

19. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +633
    Who else is giddy about the Conference Championship games?

I am taking the 49ers and I have to go with the Patriots, although I think that the Ravens will not be all bottled up for that game, which will make them a very dangerous team for the Patriots to deal with ;)

20. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Another one of those ................Oh Dear moments !!!

At a time when the Ol' cliche, "One of life's finest" is way overused, in this case its more than earned.

Had never heard the name Stan Musial when my Mother-in-law-to-be mentioned to me, he was coming to Melbourne (circa 1986) as a guest speaker at a Baseball function or some such thing
    and would I like to go along.

Having no preconcieved ideas about the bloke, I figured he'd be another longwinded Yank, happily speaking about "how good he was" and that I'd be bored stooopid after 10 minutes or so ............ well, one couldnt have been further wrong no matter how hard he tried.

A nicer, more down-to-earth individual you would never meet ............... it was only after I'd moved to St Louis and lived there for quite awhile did I realize just how larger-than-life, this guy truly was ....... but that night in Melbourne, this Man and his equally lovely wife, sat and talked to my future Mother-in-law like they'd known each other all their lives and made her life down in Australia complete like they could never have imagined.

To say he was "adored" in the St Louis region, would do the Man an injustice .....................forget about the likes of McGwire or Pujols or even the beloved Wizard of Oz, Ozzie Smith, nobody came close to universal admiration like Stan the Man when it came to St Louis baseball, I never once heard a bad word about this guy, even from non baseball nuts, which probably says it all about the guy.

I feel for the many peeps in St Louis who I call friends, as I know this will hit that town pretty darn hard ............... actual living legends are far and few between, so when one finally does depart, its very surreal, especially at the age of 92, you just figure after awhile that they are indeed, gonna live forever.

RIP Stan the Man .................. truly one of life's great great Gentlemen. [​IMG]

21. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Ofcourse !!!! .................why wouldn't you be ?????

You're with Blew and myself .......................so far its been Niner's/Pat's all the way.

I also think both games have the potential to be closer than many think, but when it comes to teams like the Pats and Niners, it could also easily turn into a route very early, just the type of football those 2 are capable 0f presently.......... lets hope for the former shall we !!!! ;)

Tough ask to match last weekend ofcourse, but close, tough encounters will do me.

22. X FACTOR

X FACTOR In for Life.........

Ratings:
    +186
    Morning guys............

23. X FACTOR

Ratings:
    +186
    Going niners and Balt. today.............would like to see gonzales and turner get his ring, but don't think so.

24. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +421
    I am going Harbaugh Bowl :D

Morning X-Man good picks! :tup:

25. X FACTOR

Ratings:
    +186
    Morning Pump.

26. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,232
    morning all

27. Stallion1994

Stallion1994 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    Makes sense. Too bad my laptop gets super hot all of the time every time I turn on Assassin's Creed.

28. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +633
    I paid attention to the article which BB had posted a week or so ago about D not necessarily winning SBs anymore. However, I rate a team by the number of true tough and gritty guys they have on their D. With this in mind, the Niners and the Ravens are definitely more superior. Both the Pats and the Falcons are more of a finesse team as compared to the aforementioned. However, it's going to be too much of a speculation for me to call both games in favor of the away teams.

So with that said, I think that the Niners are too much of a load for the Falcons and will force the Falcons off their rhythm so to disrupt Matt Ryan and his receivers. I don't think that the Falcon RBs are going to carry the day for the Falcon O and I don't see the Falcon D to be able to stay strong against that Niners O for 4 quarters!

In the second game, I give the advantage to the Pats although this contradicts what I had said above. Obviously the X-Factor in that game is Brady playing at Home. If the Ravens come in all loose and relaxed with nothing to lose attitude, they can overcome, but logically I have to go with the Pats as I don't see the Ravens not to be too emotionally tightened up, considering the circumstances of how they got there from last week plus RayRay & a repeat of their loss to the Pats at this juncture last year ;)

29. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,504
    Nice tribute to Stan Musial, Jack........ didn't know you had it in you. ;)

30. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,504
    Chargers hire ex-Cardinals special teams coach
    Posted by Josh Alper on January 20, 2013, 11:01 AM EST
    Head coach Mike McCoy’s first Chargers staff is showing a lot of similarity to this year’s Cardinals staff.
    Ken Whisenhunt will be the offensive coordinator, Frank Reich will be the quarterbacks coach and now comes word that Kevin Spencer will be in charge of the special teams in San Diego. Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Spencer, who held the same role in Arizona since 2007, will be in charge of special teams in San Diego.
    The Chargers special teams need some work, as evidenced by the way they allowed three punts to be blocked during the 2012 season. Rich Bisaccia, who was hired to correct the special teams after similar breakdowns in 2010, left to take a job at Auburn before McCoy was hired.
    Spencer’s units in Arizona benefitted from Patrick Peterson returning punts the last couple of years, but he also had success before Peterson arrived on the team. Sean Morey made the Pro Bowl as a special teamer after the 2008 season and Spencer also enjoyed a lot of success in Pittsburgh, including a Super Bowl XL win over the Seahawks.
    Spencer’s departure leaves the Cardinals with only a couple of holdovers for Bruce Arians’ initial coaching staff in Arizona.