1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,071
    Yeah great idea PUMP ..................... how many lawsuits against NFL players you want from one game ???? :D

Im surprised we didnt hear that Culliver had armed himself and backed himself up against a wall during that blackout ........ one can never be too careful afterall. ;)

2. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,453
    More of a step stool than a ladder at this point. ;)

3. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,453
    At least Jimmy doesn't suffer from short-term memory issues..... ;)
    Non-call on key play cuts both ways for Niners
    Posted by Mike Florio on February 4, 2013, 12:43 AM EST
    49ers coach Jim Harbaugh complained about the absence of a holding or interference call on the fourth-and-goal play that didn’t result in a potential game-winning touchdown catch by receiver Michael Crabtree. And regardless of whether Jim Harbaugh went far enough to warrant a fine from the league office (he probably didn’t), he needs to remember that it was that same kind of non-call that helped put his team in the Super Bowl in the first place.
    Two weeks ago, as the Falcons were driving for a potential NFC title-winning touchdown, a fourth-down play resulted in an incomplete pass to receiver Roddy White due in large part to the fact that linebacker NaVorro Bowman admitted to some “pulling and tugging” of White.
    Jim Harbaugh is smart enough to realize that, in those situations, the flags stay a little deeper in the officials’ pockets. His team benefited from that dynamic to get to the Super Bowl, and his team was harmed by it in the Super Bowl.
    Regardless, that’s football — and it’s incumbent on any coach when calling plays in crunch time and any quarterback throwing the passes to realize that in close cases of pulling and tugging the refs won’t be pulling or tugging the laundry out of their pants.

4. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,071
    Just flipping between post Superbowl shows and one name I haven't heard mentioned is that of Michael Oher ........

How about his story if it wasn't already a "thing of dreams" ????

Might as well gear up for "Blindsided Again" ...............................Hmmm, maybe I should patent that title ??? [​IMG]

5. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,071
    How about an Apple box ???

6. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +378
    Its a long story Jack. Did you ever post that pic you promised me of you in the TiCats shirt?

7. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +577
    Jim Harbaugh just gambled on getting a PI call to get a fresh set of downs, so either Gore or Kappy could punch it in with very little to no time left on the clock for the Ravens to benefit from their TOs. The score was 34-29 before the self induced Safety and had the Niners scored on that drive, the score would have been 36-34 with the point after TD. Ravens going down the field and garnering a FG would have still meant a Ravens win 37-36. Jim is just too much of a pompous sore loser to admit to what he had in mind. Farg Him :D

8. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +378
    Not really sire.

9. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +577
    No worries Sire, Negative Nancy Boy Frosty will toughen you up ;)

10. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,071
    Mate, I was just talking to Deev about that very subject ......

Can take the pic no problems with the iPad,but have no idea how to then get it on in a email or even post in here ?????

Hold up .....I'm gonna figure this out right now Gawdddddd damn it !!!!!

11. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,071
    SandyBob doesn't need my help Poofessoria, he's been around long enough to know how things work. ;)

Hold up !!!! ....... Did you just call me a NNer ??? ........the audacity of some people never astounds me !!!! ;)

12. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +577
    When you take the pic and click onto it, don't you get that arrow mark in the square on the lower left corner? If you do and press onto that, it should give you the option to email it or to message it.

13. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +577
    No one needs your help. I was blowing smoke up your brown eye!

14. Stallion1994

Stallion1994 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
  15. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,453
    This is all I took away from that link..... ;)

[​IMG]

16. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,453
    Michael Crabtree: I’m not going to blame the refs
    Posted by Josh Alper on February 4, 2013, 10:52 AM EST
    After the end of the 49ers’ 34-31 loss to the Ravens in Super Bowl XLVII, their coach Jim Harbaugh started his press conference by saying he believed that the team should have gotten a fresh set of downs at the end of the fourth quarter because wide receiver Michael Crabtree was interfered with and held on the team’s final offensive play.
    Crabtree didn’t disagree with his coach’s take on what happened on the play, but he wasn’t willing to say that blame should be placed on the guys with the striped shirts for not throwing a flag at that point in the game.
    “It is what it is, man,” Crabtree said, via CSNBayArea.com. “It was the last play, and I’m not going to blame the refs. It is what it is. It came down to the last play and it didn’t happen. (If) somebody grabs me, you always expect the call, but you can’t whine to the referee.”
    A bigger topic in the 49ers locker room might have been the play calling on that final series, which featured a LaMichael James run and three passes to Crabtree while neither Frank Gore nor Colin Kaepernick got a chance to try to run the ball into the end zone. Tackle Joe Staley said “yeah” when asked if he would have liked to see another running play while several other 49ers expressed surprise about the choices by offensive coordinator Greg Roman. For Staley, that failure to push the ball into the end zone weighs more heavily than any non-calls.
    “All the work we did in the offseason comes down to five yards, and we weren’t able to get it done,” Staley said.
    Sometimes the simplest answer is the best one.

17. Stallion1994

Stallion1994 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    Good man ;)

18. Stallion1994

Stallion1994 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    Very good and honest answer from Crabtree, something I definitely wouldn't expect.

19. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,453
    Yeah, who expected Crabtree to be the voice of reason in that bunch? :eek:

20. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,453
    For Pumpkin.......

Rumor: Apple's next iPad mini to pack 324ppi Retina display
    By Kevin Bostic

The follow-up to Apple's iPad mini will reportedly feature a Retina display with a pixel density of 324 pixels per inch — higher even than the display on the fourth-generation iPad.
    The rumor comes via investment news service BrightWire and cites sources close to Taiwanese Apple suppliers, who say that AU Optronics is piloting the production of a second-generation 7.9-inch iPad mini.

[​IMG]

Current iPad mini resolution (left) vs. rumored iPad mini 2 resolution (right).

The resolution on the device is said to stand at 2,048 by 1,536 pixels, four times that of the current iPad mini and equal to that of the larger Retina iPad.

Packing the resolution of the larger iPad into the smaller version would allow Apple to have a high-resolution smaller device without making developers have to tailor their apps to yet another screen size. Apple did much the same with the introduction of the current iPad mini, which has the same resolution as the iPad 2.

Apple did add a new resolution to its lineup last fall, when the company launched the iPhone 5 with a taller 4-inch display. But because the iPhone 5 retains the same pixel width as its predecessors, legacy applications can run in a "letterbox" mode with unused space at the top and bottom of the screen.

Rumors of a high-density display in the next version of the iPad mini are nothing new, having persisted since the device's introduction. While Apple was criticized in some media outlets when the iPad mini debuted due to the lack a Retina-level display, the mini has seen strong sales in the months since its release. Supplies of the tablet have only recently begun to approach demand.

• Informative Informative x 1
  21. Stallion1994

Stallion1994 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    Who expected there to be ANY voice of reason? :eek:

22. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,453
    As has often been said, the team takes on the personality of it's coach. ;)

23. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Need.... more.... food.... pr0n!!!!

24. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,071
    .....and I thank you for that !!!

25. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,071
    I gotta think that Gore is totally pissed off by the fact he was totally ignored during the last series and given a chance to win the game ...... I know if I was him, I would be.

Can't believe all the talk about the non call on that last Niners play ....... What a load of crap, the ball was so uncatchable it's not even an issue, never ceases to amaze me, what excuses peeps will look for in times of despair.

26. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +417
    Oh Goody!:D

27. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,453
    #40whinersgonnawhine

28. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,071
    40whiners !!!!! ......I like that BLEW, lets get a patent on that one too.

While you're there, how about Joe "unFlaccoble" ?????

29. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,453
    You're on a [​IMG]

30. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +1,026
    This image posted for no reason what-so-ever.

[​IMG]