1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +632
    Always trust Jack to bring some levity and sensibility to a deviated cause :D

2. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +632
    Money & wealth is a great tool to ease over most bumps in life, but it is not absolutely essential to pulling women. Don't get me wrong, as it is very hard to pull and retain a hot babe golddigger without the caiiish, but with the exception of that demographic (which is unfortunately expanding very rapidly) the brain power and self-esteem of the male gender is more of an aphrodisiac to the fairer sex, than when he leads with his wallet. After all, if all that one uses as bait is his wallet, well then, one must also expect the "quality" of the catch. There are many more average Joes with a rebel attitude and a grin on their face who pull much cuter poon than your average Silicon Valley nerd millionaire.

3. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,499
    A big-hearted people, the Germans. ;)

Give horsemeat-tainted food to poor - German minister

4. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,499
    I think we have to classify soccer as a pastime as well....... ;)

'Fairy tale': Soccer team assembled for $10,000 slays English giants, wins over Dalai Lama

[​IMG]
    Clive Brunskill / Getty Images, file
    Gary Jones, left, and James "Big Jim" Hanson of Bradford City FC celebrate following their team's victory over English Premier League club Arsenal on Dec. 11, 2012. Only three years ago, Hanson was stacking shelves at a local supermarket. On Sunday, he'll play in front of 90,000 people at London's iconic Wembley Stadium.

By Ian Johnston, Staff Writer, NBC News

BRADFORD, England -- It is the sort of "fairy tale" story that sounds made for Hollywood.

Led by the unlikeliest of heroes, a passionate team of underdogs emerges from the shadow of near-bankruptcy to go an improbable winning streak, eliminating a series of big-name (and huge-budgeted) rivals and bringing hope to their poverty-stricken hometown.

But the real-life story of Bradford City Football Club might be too unbelievable for even the most cliche-loving studio exec who's watched "Hoosiers" and "The Bad News Bears" one too many times.

Assembled for just $10,000, the team's extraordinary exploits have spirits soaring in the Yorkshire city and far beyond.

Currently lying in 79th place out of the 92 top clubs in England, Bradford City will on Sunday contest a national cup final after a succession of thrilling, giant-killing triumphs over teams including Arsenal, the London-based club valued at $1.5 billion last year.

[​IMG]

5. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +632
    FIFY :roflmao:

6. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,499
    FIFY ;)

7. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,089

SECOND !!!!!

That should get Droopy and SandyBob in here shortly.... ;)

Ive been watching a little of the English soccer of late (my boys in what would be the old Division 2 level are going alright currently) and I did see a couple of upsets in the League Cup games.

Fantastic atmoshere at those little suburban grounds when one of the "big boys" comes to town and they can cause an upset, it must be said.

8. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089

Those pics look as good now as they did 5 years ago Mate.......... ;)

( you went straight to that site and looked, didnt you !!!!) :)

9. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089

You are CORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRECT SIRE !!!!!!! ;)

10. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089

Your both off the mark ......

All that needed to be changed in that sentence for it to be politically correct was the hypen to disappear.....

A week of that should see him entered in the 3rd at Dusseldorf racetrack, coming out of barrier 12 I reckon.

11. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +632
    No Mate, if I get hooked onto more sites like that; I'd be even more stupid than I already am :)

12. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089

Thats not possible ......... is it ???? :)

13. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +632
    You'd be amazed! ;)

14. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,499
    I find that a strong liquor helps. ;)

15. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +632
    Some good sheet Absinthe perhaps? ;)

16. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,499
    Yeah, that :poop: will seriously hurt you...... moderation is your friend. ;)

17. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Can this Pistorius :poop: get any fargin' stranger ????

First the whole "burglar who just so happened to take a dump, so I shot him through the door, ooops, the girlfriend isn't in bed, this could get messy " bullshit .....

Then the cop in charge is found to be up on attempted murder charges himself (lets not even get into the fact that he was even still working, let alone on such a high profile case as this one shall we) :rolleyes:

Now its been reported that Dorf's brother, Carl, is also up on a charge of culpable homicide from 2010 !!!!!

Farg me drunk .................. is there anyone in this Country who HASN'T killed anyone ???

I'm sure the sister must be next .............. she has all the makings of a mass murderer, all those tears don't fool me. ;)

18. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    OK Pump, Im up watching this race, waiting to see what she's made of.....

When does something happen ?

All Ive seen so far resembles exactly what I see on my daily drive every day, bumper to bumper traffic, all thats missing is the Sports talk radio. :D

19. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089

Way to jinx a team BLEW !!!! :rolleyes:

"Swansea beat Bradford 5-0 to win League Cup trophy"

I believe your #2 Membership cardholder staus has been revoked. :D

20. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,499
    Oh, come on....... with that much world-wide attention, you just knew they'd choke. ;)

21. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Did they ever ................... must have been still pissed from the game before I bet.

Where's PUMPY ?

I'm still waiting to see someone make a fargin'"pass" in this race !!!! ................this single file bullshite is weak sauce crap, I see gutsier moves by the ants in the backyard who pull out and "go for it" more often than any of these drivers have thus far.

My God this is boring stuff, one's mind must be ticking over at a helluva slow pace if this is what gets the heart pumping.... :rolleyes:

22. X FACTOR

X FACTOR In for Life.........

Ratings:
    +186
    Needing to work up a batch of jerky this week, going to buy another dehydrator tomorrow.

23. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    What the hell just happened ????

How did she go from sitting pretty in 3rd, to finishing 8th on that last lap ??????

Why didnt she duck down inside like Jnr did ??

I just don't get this sport at all, when winning doesn't seem a priority, you have to suspect something's a little stanky !!! .................... has way to many "Wrestling elements" for my liking. :rolleyes:

24. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,499
    And Jimmie wins again......... NASCAR fans hate that a SoCal boy keeps winning "their" sport. :laugh:

25. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    :cool:

The crowd of reporters around the fargin 8th place finisher, however, kind of proves Jack's point on Patrick... <spit>

26. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089

Oh really !!!!

Why's that ???

If you aren't born in a Redneck neighbourhood, you supposedly can't be a Hoon and do donuts ???? :D

27. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
  28. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,499
    Can't say her teammates did her any favors in the race though. She might not be a winner yet, but top 10 is still a respectable finish out of a field of 43.

29. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,499
    Little do they know, that the Cajon Speedway where he got his start, is as close to redneck as San Diego gets. ;)

30. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089

Has been my point all along Dave ......

I'm still yet to figure out why she gets all the attention she does ........ Even moreso after watching that last lap I might add.

Seems to me it's all about "perception" rather than actually winning anything.

I'm all for her getting her just rewards in what is obviously a male-dominated Sport........... But for Christ sake, earn it just like anybody has too is all Im asking.