1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,089

I was gonna approach this exact subject on my return, but you beat me to it Poofessoria, nicely done. (oooops, sorry, BLEW)

Ill watch this one with interest in the next few weeks .........so what again is the "low tender" ?????.......seeing as he wasn't a drafted player to begin with !!!!!

2. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Hahahahahahahaha ........ The Ol, "once bitten, twice shy" theory huh Poofessoria !!!!! (Or in AJs case..... Bitten MANY MANY times and still clueless)

Not saying this is an easy call for the FO........ Kid has had a history of "major injury" problems throughout his College and Pro career, so due diligence is indeed called for here.

I really have no idea of what the correct thing to do in this situation would be to be honest, both sides have some leverage so it's gonna be interesting to see which way it goes.

3. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Damn !!!!......this heat down here is getting the better of me .....

Mixing up BLEW and POOFESSORIA's posts now ..... this isn't good at all.

4. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +420

Not like I would say anything! :roflmao:

5. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Hey "Corpsie".......................who asked for your opinion anyway ????? .......:whistling: ;)

6. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    So, how was the first week mate ?

Fill us in on what happened and how many customers you swayed away from the Ol' employer ???

7. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +420
    The owner wanted me to be paired up all week maybe two weeks with different departments.
    Left me to get it all scheduled..... no one had time for me on Friday so I asked to hit the road to sell something! Took a bit of talking but he let me go!
    Got my account by 10:30 am then got called to check on a few things for the service dept..... Drove over 180 miles, easy day! I'll be in the office most of next week working with his daughter on a marketing plan for residential propane and gasoline......

It looks like as long as I bring in residential accounts I'll be on my own!:D:D:D
    residential propane account = profit! :tup:

8. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,500
    It looks like the new regime isn't willing to take risks on players with an extensive injury history.

9. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +632
    Doesn't sound too promising for Rygina ;)

10. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,500
    You'd hate for him to get "bounced" from the team...... [​IMG]

11. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +632
    Professional sports are far more tainted with PEDs than your average unsuspecting fan would like to believe. Heck, the drug use and abuse is now starting at the high school level barely right after puberty. It is a dirty, dirty subject but many people love to sit in front of their TVs or attend games, while both idolizing and fantasizing about their teams and athletes. It is a great form of entertainment, escapism from reality at times combined with exhilarating adrenaline rush. The science of "performance" is always going to be a few steps ahead of the enforcement protocol. We are all a part of that hierarchy and are responsible for a part of the blame as long as we follow these sports, because some of us are quite aware as to what it going on, more so than the aforementioned others. Sad but true.

12. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +632
    I believe the term previously used was "drop bombed"? Oh, I forgot!

13. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Well, sounds like you had quite an enjoyable first week then ....................

Im a little concerned about the "working with his daughter"thingy though !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep the "big" head thinking straight and dont allow the "little" head to distract you. :D

14. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +632
    I'm cracking open Season II of A Game of Thrones. Just finished re-watching Season I (both ordered from Amazon) Season III commencing on HBO on 3/31. Much better to watch these the second and the third time around as there are so many complexities to the characters and the plots/sub-plots. I'm not a big fan of reading books, specially voluminous fantasy books, so I have to keep my focus on the motion picture arts format. I highly recommend these HBO series adaptation of the George RR Martin's masterpiece :)

15. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,500
    And here, I thought Barry Bonds' noggin grew three sizes naturally. ;)

16. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Agree on all levels ....... :tup:

Just wish that more people were a little less naive in their "worshipping" and willingness to forgive so quickly, that alone gives todays athletes a get out of jail card, far to often and also gives these guys the idea that its OK to do the PED thing also.

17. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    hehehehehehe, you mean that overly-ripe watermelon thingy he calls a head ?????

Im surprised he hasn't been invited to the Macy's Thanksgiving parade yet ............................as one of those "Floaty's" that is.

Maybe his head wouldn't fit betwen the buildings without causing structual damage ????

18. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Ive heard great things about that show .....................may have to catch it here when it comes on one of the lesser known channels from Season 1.

19. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    I wanna know when the term "copped an arse-whooping" became politically incorrect ???? :cautious:

20. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,500
    More importantly, it features an impressive amount of T&A for a big budget production. ;)

21. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +632
    Barry was an original user of "Deer Antler" but here came the big problem:

He had this overwhelming urge to grind his overgrown noggin against the big No. Cal birch trees and at times he just froze in his driveway, while his mistresses pulled in with the high beams on ;)

P.S. Oh wait! I think I am confused with RayRay? :confused:

22. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +632
    Jack would be pleased to know that they also parade some meaty corks ;)

23. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +632
    You cheap bastage! Now that you are earning an honest living, live a little and splurge a few Shillings on a DVD, would Ya? Gawd! With peep like you, the ideal of trickle down (piss) economics is just a mere still-born theorem :D

24. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    What !!!! ...............you honestly think I own a DVD player ????

Hell NOooooooooooooo, fell for that ol' trick once and had a huge collection of Beta and VHS tapes back in the day............ look what happened there, bastards made those obsolete in no time flat, mark my words, DVD's will be a thing of the past by 2015 ...... ;) :D

Im just waiting now for the version they'll be able to plug into the back of my head, damned if Im ever buying another piece of electrical crap ever again.....so take that. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  25. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Ohhhh...................well, in that case, please disregard the above post.

26. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089

Forget the T&A ......any real wingy meat curtains on view ???????????????????????????????????????????

p.s to myself .........................I really do need to start reading posts from the top of the page first !!!!

27. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +632
    P.P.S. Why change a good thing? You've always been a power bottom! ;)

28. X FACTOR

X FACTOR In for Life.........

Ratings:
    +186
    Happy non - football Sunday, sirs.............

29. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    This is indeed correct, why start with a wimpy entree, when the steak is primed and ready for eating ?????

30. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Even better if its a Monday I say ........

Hell, Im off till Wednesday in fact, Labour Day Holiday here today, gotta love that.