1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Like the Pecker-Head signing, tough, durable, hard-running kid.

He won't be the difference in winning games, but adds some toughness to an offence that shows very little of that attribute.

Certainly not an every down player though, so if Ryno goes down again ( a surer bet than the Pope being Catholic that one), we will still have problems in the running game, so would like to see another "bigger back" signed, but can't see that happening anytime soon.

2. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,524
    He's a 3rd down option, like we used to have in Sproles. Woodhead is no Mathews replacement.

3. Stallion1994

Stallion1994 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    [​IMG]

4. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,524
    Never looked the same after the car wreck...... was once a handsome lad. ;)

5. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089

Ohhhhhh shite and neither is Ronnie Brown who has just been resigned for another year .......

Another year of watching an inferior and substandard running game lies ahead, better pray like a fervant religious zealot that Fillup is ready to revisit the glory days or its gonna be another long, dull season ahead.

6. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    What car wreck ????? .........Ive never been in car wreck !!!!!!!! :D

7. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,524
    I don't think we're done rebuilding the backfield, Jack. There's time left in free agency, and there's still the draft, you know. ;)

8. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,524
    Amusing that the Donkey's didn't get the fax on Dumervil....... should've sent it pony express instead. ;)

9. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Ronnie Brown was probably vet minimum and makes good sense to me - Danny Woodhead, despite his fan popularity, is another head-scratcher for me. Have to hope the new crew knows what they are doing because I certainly don't.

10. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,524
    I like Danny, the guy is productive in his role, is tough, and has a nose for the yard marker. He's also a great locker room guy. He may not be Sproles in his prime, but he's a good pass option, with more ability to get yards after the catch than Ronnie Brown.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,524
    Garay to the Jets...... at least, he'll have a better chance finding a parking spot in Manhattan with his Hello Kitty car. ;)

12. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,028
    I just read a short article on the U-T that reminds us we may (finally) see PR running the no-huddle under Wiz. If that becomes a reality, then having both Brown and Woodcock makes a ton of sense. I have to get past watching Norval's offense for so many years and accept things are going to be significantly different this year - and that ain't a bad thang IMHO....

13. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,028
    That is one FA pickup I will NEVER regret having in lightning bolts. Wish him all the best. ;)

14. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,524
    Yeah, I expect to see a very different offense this year. McCoy definitely believes in the RB by committee approach, so Mathews will have help.

15. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,524
    In other news, Microsoft has sold a whopping 1.5 million of it's Surface tablets..... that's the RT and Pro versions combined. The RT launched in October, the Pro version in January.

I can see why the press was calling it a possible "iPad killer" when they launched. :laugh:

16. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    There ya go again being facetious ......... Gatesy must be sitting around home these days shaking in his undies I bet. ;)

17. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089

Well you'd certainly hope NOT BLEW !!!!!

Hell, I could see the Little Women of Colombus University having a better running attack than ours at present.

But the signing of Brown doesn't suggest to me, we'll be setting any records in '13 either, the guy is just plain vanilla these days, which contrasts well with the rest of the team mind you !!!! :)

18. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    So rather than tell me what's happened, I guess I need go look it up huh ????

thanks for nuttin' ya cork teaser !!!!

19. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Not sure what "vet minimum" has to do with anything, if the guy brings nada to the table Dave, might as well play a kid for minimum wage if that's the logic, Browns best days are so far back in the rear vision mirror, you certainly don't need to worry about an indicator when making a pass.

I'd rather have had Peckerhead than Hester during his tenure, no question whatsoever, similar types, but Pecker is far more productive in the catching and yards gained than Hester could ever wish to be .......

I like the signing alot, in fact Id say its the best signing thus far by quite some distance, the others are total "Meh" signings, that I sincerely doubt, will help our cause whatsoever.

20. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Good for him .....isn't that where we got him from back in the day ????

21. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    A day late and a $ short ......... Yep, that describes this franchise to a tee !!!!!

Can't see what's to lose at this stage, go for it I say, Fillup certainly needs to try something to get his head back in the game.

22. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089

Help as in ........A sling (or two possibly), a pair of crutches, a sideline defibulator, a game tutor, a sideline ice bath...... did I miss anything ????? :D

23. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Oh my ........ Elvis needs to get himself a new agent by the sound of things !!!!!!

How fargin' old is the Colonel these days anyway ?????

Didn't he have dementia back in about 1975 ??????

24. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Jennings to the Viks .... another nice pickup.

25. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    See the Jets have acquired Colon .......

now watch ScareCro ask him what it's like to be also called an "arsehole" every day of your life.

26. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,524
    1 year deal @ $2 million for Cason....... Obviously, there was tremendous demand for his services. :D

Maybe, some of us "dumb fans" weren't so wrong in our evaluation of him. ;)

27. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    From whom ????? ....pleazzzzzzze God, before I go look, tell me its NOT the Chargers !!!! :cautious:

28. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    [​IMG]

Thank You Arizona, good luck with that one by the way, better you than us though....... :tup:
    Yip, Yip ...................Yipppppeeeee !!!!! [​IMG]

Another AJ/Norf/Nix/Spanos/ arsewipe dud bites the dust ..............................anyone still counting by the way, how many #1 picks are still around ????

Didn't think so.

You've been on that bandwagon BLEW ? :eek: ..........................Hmmm, can't say I recall that until it become beyond painfully obvious to even the 3 blind mice. (I'm sure Ringo will say he was too .... :whistling: )

Well Jacky, another prediction of yours from 3 years ago that this guy was spineless and to be honest, just flatout talentless.

I was really hoping the Jets would go after him ...... ;)

Wonder how this "fan" feels today ????

...and if that wasn't bad enough, he wanted Vaseline signed also .................. this guy is the epitome of the large majority of Charger fans ................. absolutely fargin clueless.

Too harsh ??? ............................to fargin bad, toughen up Princess, kinda like the football team you support blindly.

29. Riff Raff

Riff Raff BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +226
    Good morning.

30. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +102
    *looks around*

Hey, where are da white wimmin at?