1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,396
    Elbis has left the building? ;)

2. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +1,016
  3. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,053
    Couldn't agree more ........the entire LT situation was an absolute disgrace, from both camps, sounded like two 5 year olds arguing over who's turn it was to eat out of the Clag bottle next ......... Embarrassing.

He is totally off base in regards to ScareCro though, the guy is nothing but a total jerk, he knows it as much as the next guy, but admitting it would make him look a complete wanker for obtaining him, so Ol Sexy would never go down that path because he's the type that has never made a bad decision in his life if you asked him.

4. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,053

Nope, just me I believe Dave ....... Hahahahahaha ha, Im old school and refuse to give in to "The Man" under any circumstances.

5. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,396
    I don't, but the same stuff is in the U-T........ though that's hardly better. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,396
    It's pretty tough sell to convince people that a guy who's fathered that many children out of wedlock is simply misunderstood. ;)

7. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,053
  8. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,053
    Yeah, perfectly stated......... that many "misunderstandings" is anything but that......................the man is simply a Loser whichever way you want to slice & dice it.

9. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,016
    You never know where stuff is gonna lead ya. According to that article they loaded the dead croc in a "ute" - finally figured out that was Aussie for "Utility vehicle" - which in turn led me to "Ute Me":

:cool:

10. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,016
    Especially considering he had multiple suits for child support and was so broke the Jets had to "advance" him around $700k to avoid jail and actually play for them... (At least that is how I remember it). ;)

11. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,053
    Your a smart Man Dave ................. which is where this famous Aussie slang term originated.

"Hey Babe, fancy a Root in the Ute" ??? ;)

12. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,053
    Again you are spot on .............

You're having quite a morning there Ol' Timer.

That Ginseng Tea is working wonders for your memory. :tup:

13. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,396
    [​IMG]

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. ;)

14. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,396
    Amusing tidbit........ Fozzy's real name is Foswhitt. ;)

15. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,396
    Franklin signed with the Colts........ Jimmy Raye stabs us in the back.

I'm sure he has a smug grin on his face, sticking it to the Spanos family. ;)

16. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +513
    Not surprised at all and neither should anyone else be!

Jimmy Raye's epitaph (in SD) was written by AJ's endorsement of him and Raye is now serving his new employer to the best of his "ability".

Shouldn't you be excited though? I thought that this ought to make your BabyZilla a definite starter ;)

17. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,396
    I think he's ready to give it a shot, but you need more than one NT........ lack of depth has been the Achilles heel of this team.

Franklin was just a run down guy, but he served his purpose. With both him and Garay gone, we now have exactly one NT on the roster.

18. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,396
    Mike McCoy, Chargers

The Chargers new head coach has been asked a lot already this year how he intends to "fix'' Philip Rivers, after the San Diego quarterback struggled for most of last season. Interestingly, his standard reply is to bring up an object lesson derived from Peyton Manning's low point from 2012, when he and his Broncos trailed 24-0 at halftime in that Week 6 Monday night game in San Diego. The memory is a painful one for Chargers fans, and McCoy must know he's picking at that scab.
    In essence, McCoy, who was Manning's offensive coordinator last year in Denver, said that the entire Broncos team underwent some very useful self-reflection during that halftime break in San Diego, wiping the slate clean and starting over in the second half. The Broncos rallied to win that game and improve to 3-3, the first victory in what would become a season-ending 11-game winning streak, earning the AFC's top playoff seed.
    Rivers and the Chargers need that same kind of restart, McCoy said, and he intends to show them the way.
    "I've tried to tell everyone in San Diego when they asked the same question you just did,'' McCoy said. "Everyone's got to play better around Philip, it's not just him. There are a number of things that have happened in the past, but I wasn't here for all that stuff. I just know with Denver last year, we were getting beat 24-0 and we kind of looked at ourselves a little bit in the mirror as an organization at halftime.
    "We had a talk, and we didn't talk anything about football. It was more about, what do we want to do with the rest of our season? And everything took off from there. So it was a matter of everyone understanding, 'Do your job a little bit better,' and that helped Peyton. Peyton played better from that point on, and the entire organization did. That's kind of the same message we've got here. Everybody's got to pick up their game, it's not just Philip.''
    Sounds simple enough, but it was clear at times last season that Rivers was pressing, trying to will his team to the success it was once accustomed to. But reality is the Chargers haven't made the playoffs for three years in a row, and their record has dropped from 9-7 in 2010, to 8-8 in 2011, to 7-9 in 2012. McCoy was in large part hired as Norv Turner's successor due to his strong track record with quarterbacks, so now all he has to do is help Rivers return to form much like he helped Manning bounce back last year.
    "There aren't any [quarterback] gurus, because once you think you've got it all figured out, it changes in a hurry. I've been very fortunate to work with different types of guys, and you have to adjust to the players you have and what they do well.''
    Rivers played as if he were in a rut last season, and McCoy said he saw firsthand how much change reinvigorated Manning's game. It can have the same effect on Rivers, who grew stale in the same offense he had played in for six seasons under Turner, McCoy said.
    "He's excited for the change,'' McCoy said of Rivers. "Bringing in [former Cardinals head coach] Ken Whisenhunt, [Rivers] is really excited about the history Ken has had and the success he's had with quarterbacks. I think sometimes as quarterbacks, and a football team, when you hit a little lull, change is good. Peyton coming to Denver last year, that re-energized him, and the same thing can happen here with Philip.
    "When you've been in a system for so long, it gets easy. You come to work every day knowing exactly what's going in [the game plan]. Now it's a little bit of a foreign language to start learning. Now it's going back to being a little kid again, that rookie, saying I've got to go home tonight and study. That can help a quarterback.''

19. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,016
    ....and if it does, and it leads to winning, it just might help an old fan and a few of his mates. ;)

20. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,053
    I like and agree with McCoy's thoughts ...................... just as the Ol saying goes...... "A change is as good as a holiday" ......... its very easy to fall into bad habits without even realizing it and I can see a little of that in Fillup's play the last 2 years, fo' shizzle.

But its not certainly NOT the entire problem, so lets hope he can accept that their's plenty of blame from a personal point of view also, sure Norfs game plans had become stale and predictable no doubt, but Fillup's decision making also looked anything but stellar, so lets hope he can be re-energized by some new strategy ................. time will tell.

21. X FACTOR

X FACTOR In for Life.........

Ratings:
    +186
    Afternoon all.............. how be things?

22. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,053
    Good morning X (now afternoon ofcourse) ....... What's the grapevine saying my friend ????

Now have you sorted out your differences over at the CMB these days ...... ;)

23. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,053

Didn't get a chance to ask this Yesty BLEW ......

What did I miss ???? ...... Apart from being a Bear claw in my next life, what seems to be the problem in this graphic ??????

P.s ..... I'd be alright being reincarnated as a thong (g-string) also by the way.

24. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,053

Im kinda .... "MEH" on this one ....... Franklin never did a thing that caught my eye to be honest, warm body, not much else.

25. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,053
    If he's NOT by now, then he's NEVER gonna be ...... Time to step up to the plate or move him on after this season, he's been around long enough and had enough time to develop by this stage .....

C'mon Baby Zeeeeeee, show us what you've got big fella.

26. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,396
    FYI: NTs rarely "catch" anyone's eye..... they play a thankless position. It's their job to occupy linemen so others can make plays.

Franklin was good against the run, but Cam was much better getting pressure on passing downs. That said, NT is a demanding position, and you need at least a couple guys to rotate so they stay fresh. We had three last year, now we have one.

27. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,053
    Someone care to explain to me what the farg this is supposed to mean from big Fat Willy ????

"In other AFC West news:

As expected, Kansas City coach Andy Reid said Dunta Robinson will remain a cornerback and not be moved to cornerback"

Billy's fat eyelids have finally dropped down covering his eyes by the look of that line ....

28. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,053
    What ya mean they don't catch anyone's eye ?????

A watch the likes of a Vince Wilfork with great interest, how can you NOT ???

Did the same when JWall was on the field ........ Dominant NT's are impossible NOT to see when they are on their game BLEW.

29. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,396
    If you click on the photo, you can see it full size....... they you'll see her grumpy expression. ;)

30. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,396
    There are precious few "dominant" 3-4 NTs in the NFL. Wilfork plays in a 4-3, so he's a DT, rather than a NT.

Dominant NTs like Jamal Williams are as rare as a virgin in a sorority house. ;)