1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,398
    Never heard him discuss politics, I don't think he dabbles outside of his chosen "profession". ;)

2. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,398
    It's that time again...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +517
    We got our next lineman!

Middle picture, the third chick in the purple/violet half-top, diagonally across (Northeast of) the one in the yellow sport bra, bottom center of the photo ;)

4. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,398
    Sorry, but my eyes got stuck on the purple sparkled bra top in the middle. :D

5. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,053

'Bout fargin time we had something worthwhile to discuss in here .....

Checkout the set of jugulars on the blonde amazon in the first pic !!!!!!!!

Damn BLEW, she could get a gig in your virtual world game if she's unsuccessful at the tryouts.

6. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,053
    Yep..... She stands out like a set of Bulldog balls that one..... Those are definitely 3 gallon containers she has there.

7. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,398
    Yeah, she really does fit the description of an Amazon, doesn't she.

8. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,398
    A terrible burden to bare on her own. ;)

I'm a tad disappointed, that the photographer didn't ask the gal on the bottom to pull her hair out of the way. Where do they find these amateurs? :rolleyes:

9. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +517
    And my job is to fix our OL so we save Fillup from an early retirement :D

10. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,398
    Hey, whatever floats your boat. ;)

11. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,398
    It's always nice to hear that the Raiders are floundering.......

March, 25, 2013
    By Bill Williamson | ESPN.com
    The Carson Palmer issue in Oakland may finally see some resolution, as it appears the Raiders' quarterback could be on his way out.
    ESPN’s Adam Schefter is reporting that it is "highly unlikely" Palmer will restructure his contract. Thus, the Raiders will have to decide on Palmer's future.
    It would be difficult for the Raiders to keep Palmer at his current salary because he is set to make more than $13 million this season, and his salary cap number is more than $15 million.
    With Palmer playing hard ball, he clearly thinks he can get more on the open market if Oakland does release him. Arizona is a potential suitor, and perhaps the Raiders could try to get something in return in a trade. But if the Cardinals know the Raiders are in a tough spot, Oakland will likely lose any trade leverage.
    Cutting Palmer would be difficult for Oakland to swallow considering it gave up its first-round pick in the 2012 draft and its second-round pick this year in a trade the previous regime made in October 2011.
    If Palmer is moved, the third-year quarterback Terrelle Pryor could step into the starter’s role. Oakland likes Pryor, but coach Dennis Allen has been on the record saying Palmer is the starter for now.
    If Palmer is cut, the Raiders could also consider taking West Virginia quarterback Geno Smith, whom Oakland haas been reported to take interest in. The Raiders have the No. 3 overall pick in April's draft. That speculation will obviously only intensify if Palmer is out of the picture. Taking Smith would be risky because the Raiders have great needs on defense and there are some strong defensive prospects available.
    But if Palmer gets cut, everything would be on the table.
    Oakland could also bring in a veteran quarterback such as Jason Campbell even if it’s in as a backup role. Of course, that would be ironic. The Palmer trade was spurred when Campbell was lost for the season with a broken collarbone. The current Oakland brass didn’t make an effort to re-sign Campbell last year in free agency and he went to Chicago. There just aren’t many more backup quarterback options available.

12. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,053
    My word she is ..................... She makes that Xena chicky look like Twiggy.

13. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,053
    What is it with these Snapparazzi these days ???? ............ where's that Mr Adventurous Guy, who's flat on his back with a fish-eye lens and Macro Zoom, working his magic ?????

Piss poor effort that ....... [​IMG]

14. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,398
    I think he's serving 1 to 3 for lewd behavior. ;)

15. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,053
    [​IMG]

OK, Ive been forced into "Blowing this up" for a finer tooth-combing ..................

My my, we are gettong old and blind !!!!!

How the hell did we all "Miss Daisy the Moo Moo" on the far right, third up from the bottom,in a mainly white top, that is attempting to keep those puppies from hitting the deck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Those are some serious Tontine Pillows if ever Ive seen a set !!!!

Is this a tryout for this years Charger Girls squad or a convention for chest enhancemnet recipients ?????....................Damn it !!!!!, now Ive lost my train of thought !!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,053
    I have no idea HOW the above post got that picture in it TWICE .........................

all I DO KNOW is ...........

I'm NOT deleting it.

17. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,053
    If thats ALL it gets you, I may grab an Ol' Box Brownie (or any colour for that matter) off E-Bay and head on over.

18. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,053

.....and this typifies everything that is wrong in this world perfectly ......

YEP, definetely born into the wrong sport as a kid. :(

How sad is that !!!! ............. the guy isn't in reality, worth a pinch of Billygoat-**** covered in sprinkles, yet some desperate team would be willing to fork out that kinda moolah ???

Damn, its worse than I thought if thats the case.

19. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,053
    I really do admire your team spirit thus far this offseason .......

20. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,053
    Thats probably gonna lead us down a path we are going to regret !!!!!

21. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,053
  22. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +1,017
    After reading this one, I feel a lot better about our F/O, particularly Ed McGuire:

Wrong year for big Chargers spending

Danny Woodhead numbers, like rest of free agency, provide dose of reality

*REALLY* enjoyed reading that - but somebody should inform the author that Ed McGuire's title in our Front Office is "Executive VP of Football Administration/Player Finance", not "contract worker"...:rolleyes:

Edited - so I tweeted him with that complaint - still a *very* good article though... Had been hearing some silly figures spewed about the Woodhead contract - now breathing easier...

23. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +1,017
    I have to admit it, upon viewing that bottom picture/pose, and being a very, very old destroyer sailor, I immediately flashed back and started calculating a torpedo angle for a stern shot. ;)

24. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +517
    "Old school" dirty talk. Gotta love it ;)

25. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,398
    I'll give you an even older nautical saying......... "Thar she blows!!!" :laugh:

26. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +517
    I'm taking notes. I need to gather more "old school" lexicon to add to my existing repertoire ;)

27. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,053
    Oh Damn !!!!....................I could've swore I closed those curtains. :oops:

28. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,398
    Mock Draft Tracker 5.0

Here is a roundup of who some NFL Experts expect the San Diego Chargers to draft with the 11th overall selection in April's NFL Draft

In order to serve all Chargers fans, Chargers.com has compiled a list of who some top draft pundits are projecting the Chargers will select with the 11th pick in the draft.
    With free agency underway and a month to go until draft day, many mock drafts have been updated accordingly giving way to numerous changes from our first four trackers.

NFL.com’s Bucky Brooks: OG Jonathan Cooper – North Carolina
    What he says: “To get Philip Rivers back on track, the Chargers must keep him upright in the pocket. Cooper is a standout pass protector with the athleticism and movement skills to dominate in the run game.”

NFL.com’s Charley Casserly: OT Lane Johnson - Oklahoma
    What he says: “The Chargers must do a better job protecting Philip Rivers.”

NFL.com’s Josh Norris: DT Star Lotulelei - Utah
    What he says: “Antonio Garay is gone, and Lotulelei is an excellent talent to anchor the defensive line.”

NFL.com’s Daniel Jeremiah: OT Lane Johnson - Oklahoma
    What he says: “In this scenario, the Chargers are elated to see Johnson still on the board. He represents an enormous upgrade at the position and could very well end up being the top offensive lineman in this draft class.”

NFL.com’s Matt Smith: OG Chance Warmack – Alabama
    What he says: The Chargers would be ecstatic if Johnson slipped to this spot, and they'll also think long and hard about a wide receiver. But Warmack fills a serious need on that line. He's also likely to be the best player on the board at this point -- a win-win.”

CBSSports.com’s Rob Rang: OT Lane Johnson – Oklahoma
    What he says: “There are plenty of theories as to why Phillip Rivers hasn't played up to his previous standards in recent years. The biggest, literally and figuratively, might be the turnstile the Chargers have employed at left tackle since Marcus McNeill's abrupt retirement two years ago. Johnson, a former JUCO quarterback, defensive end and tight end, has grown into a standout tackle, who proved in his stellar play in the Big 12, at the Senior Bowl and combine workouts that he has the strength and athleticism to remain on the blindside.”

CBSSports.com’s Dane Brugler: OG Chance Warmack – Alabama
    What he says: “The Chargers have questions at both tackle spots, but with the top three offensive tackle prospects off the board, they could focus on the interior, especially after losing Louis Vasquez in free agency. Warmack is a plug-and-play starter who will vastly help the Bolts' run game.”

CBSSports.com’s Pat Kirwin: OT Lane Johnson – Oklahoma
    What he says: “The Chargers need a left tackle and Johnson could be the last of the first-round candidates. He's capable against speed rushers, but needs work against power. I would not be surprised to see a team jump over San Diego to snag Johnson.”

CBSSports.com’s Clark Judge: OT Lane Johnson – Oklahoma
    What he says: “He would step in and start right away at left tackle over King Dunlap.”

SBNation’s Dan Kadar: OT Lane Johnson – Oklahoma
    What he says: “Current left tackle Jared Gaither has played a grand total of nine games for the Chargers in two seasons. While the defensive line will be a possible target with this pick as well, Corey Liuget is quickly becoming a very good five technique andCam Thomas is at least serviceable at nose tackle. The talent at offensive tackle drops off dramatically after Johnson is off the board, but there will be plenty of defensive line talent in the second and third rounds.”

Bleacher Report’s Jesse Read: OG Chance Warmack – Alabama
    What he says: “Philip Rivers only has a handful of good years left in the NFL, and if the Chargers want him to have success, the team must upgrade its offensive line. Warmack would bolster the team's running game in a major way, and he's also adept at blocking pass-rushers up the middle.”

Bleacher Report’s Tim Daniels: DT Star Lotulelei - Utah
    What he says: “San Diego desperately needs to gets its offensive line issues figured out. There just isn't a player worth taking here, however, which means the Chargers should go with Lotulelei instead.”

Bleacher Report’s Stephen Sheehan: OT Lane Johnson – Oklahoma
    What he says: “The only way for the Chargers to resurrect Phillip Rivers' career is to protect him. The days of Marcus McNeill are long gone. Lane Johnson might be seen as a project, but the former quarterback turned left tackle has a ton of upside due to his size and quickness.”

Bleacher Report’s Daine Pavloski: OT Lane Johnson – Oklahoma
    What he says: “The Chargers can't gamble here. They need someone to protect Philip Rivers. Johnson doesn't necessarily have to come in right away, but he's a smart enough player that he can learn the playbook quickly and get into the game. The Chargers have been hanging on the periphery of the playoffs for a few years. A great lineman could help shore up their offense.”

Bolts from the Blue’s John Gennaro: DT Star Lotulelei– Nebraska
    What he says: "Star Lotulelei fits what new GM Tom Telesco has been preaching as his draft strategy in that he’s the best player available with the No. 11 pick. He provides much-needed depth to the defensive line, which will help take pressure off the Linebackers and Secondary (both lacking talent and depth), while keeping the Chargers from having to use valuable cap space on Cam Thomas next offseason."

29. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,398
  30. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,053