1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,089
    YEP, pure magic .................... nice to know, that occasionally we humans can still get something right. ;)

2. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
  3. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,509
    Need camp bodies, if nothing else....... somebody occasionally surprises even. ;)

4. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Ayup, of the three only DePalma got a 2 year contract - the others were 1 year.

5. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,509
    I always thought DePalma's films were overrated. ;)

6. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Lovely to see you having fun and for a change, backing my arse up over in the Floyd thread arse wipe........ That may well be a first and it's only taken, what ?....... about 7 years. ;) :D

7. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,509
    I only back you up when we're in agreement........ and that's VERY rare. ;)

8. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    That is correct ....... You should have listened back in the day when I told you that "bathtub lot" were nothing but show-ponies and would never lead us to the promised land or that Norf and AJ couldn't put a contender together on the field .... Imagine that on your résumé when going it with Matti !!!!! ; ......Doesn't hurt to have a few pennies in the till when going on a shopping spree mate.

Hey, there's still time to get onboard with my call regarding the Spanos Clan if you like, don't wait till its beyond question and every man and his Camel realises it, bite the bullet and take a stance NOW, you know you want too ya bastage !!!!! :D

9. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    DAMN, we agree again ........ Id go as far as to add a GROSSLY before that overrated also.

10. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +634
    Signed: Jack G Frost, Phd.
    The dean (pun intended) of the university of broken clocks factory :roflmao:

11. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Don't you hate it when your chastised for simply being right more often than not, Poofessoria ???

Now what the farg am I thinking here ?

I completely forgot "who" I was speaking with just now, my apologies ..... :roflmao:

Must say in your defence though, you have been onboard with many of my calls over the years, so you do have that going for you at least. ;)

12. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +634
    I have only one motto and one gear (wrt to this team of the Spanos' Family), and here it is yet again:

The San Diego Chargers will NEVER win a Lombardy Trophy!

I believe that Ringo has been saving the above statement from years past to rub it in my face, but hey Ringo, where are thou? :D

13. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,509
    Eric Winston wants $3-4 million, calls free agency “frustrating”
    Posted by Michael David Smith on April 9, 2013, 9:24 AM EDT
    Free agent right tackle Eric Winston says he just wants to be paid a fair wage for a starting offensive lineman, and he’s getting frustrated that no NFL teams are willing to pay him what he thinks he’s worth.
    Winston said on Sirius XM NFL Radio that he knows he won’t get the kind of money he got last year from the Chiefs, when he signed a four-year, $22 million contract that included a $4 million signing bonus. The Chiefs cut him to avoid paying a $4.9 million base salary for 2013, and now Winston is just hoping some team will pay him more than $3 million in salary this year.
    “In the $3-4 million range is something that I think is more than fair for a starter who has played pretty well throughout his career,” Winston said.
    Although Winston had an offer from the Chargers and has talked to the Cowboys, his sense so far is that teams are being extremely careful with money this offseason.
    “It’s also frustrating in the sense that there are still a lot of teams with money to spend, but it doesn’t seem like anyone wants to spend it,” Winston said.
    The one right tackle who made good money from a new team this offseason was Gosder Cherilus, who left the Lions for the Colts on a five-year, $35 million contract with a $10 million signing bonus and a fully guaranteed $5.5 million salary this year. Winston laughed when he was asked about the huge contract that Cherilus got, although he declined to say whether he thinks he deserves more money than Cherilus.
    “No comment on that one,” Winston said.
    What Winston will comment on is this: If you’re a right tackle and your name is not Gosder Cherilus, the free agent market stinks.

14. Stallion1994

Stallion1994 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    Don't get me started on the money issue.

15. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,509
    Hey, it's what the market will bear....... don't be a hater. ;)

16. Stallion1994

Stallion1994 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    Oh, I know. I was merely stating that I think football players are grossly overpaid, but of course that's a "duh.":D

17. Stallion1994

Stallion1994 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    Also, I posted in the Floyd thread. I think I sounded as dumb as you did, Blew :D

18. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,509
    Everyone is dumb according to Matty...... except himself, of course.

19. Stallion1994

Stallion1994 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    Of course, he's the second coming of John Madden.

20. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089

Never is a hell of a long time Poofessoria !!!!!! ..... Ill assume you mean ..... "In my lifetime" surely ????

Hey, what you worried about ??? ....... There's a far greater chance of that happening to me seeing as Im in far worse shape than your limber,wirey, lithe body, that things a Buddist temple compared to mine. :D

21. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    He loves me though ...... ;)

I think I won him over with my genuinely cool and civil demeanour and welcoming smile. :D

22. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +634
    Note to simpleton: My statement was crafted very carefully ;)

23. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089

Well hell, that's chicken feed compared to what we paid the The Big Lazy.......

What the farg, sign him up. ;)

24. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +634
    You have your own Matty in here and I hear that he's as dumb as a rock :D, or is it as hard as a rock? :confused:

25. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +634
    Ever heard of pendulum swings?! ;)

26. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +634
    Is he also related to Steve Madden? :p

27. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    I shall comment, even though this wasnt directed in my direction obviously ......

I wouldn't expect anything less from such a diligent, well read, thoughtful individual. ;)

28. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Only thing I hear swinging these days is my saggy beanbag slapping against my knees mate.

29. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    That would be a better situation than being related to either Joel or Benji at present.....

Those two fargers have sold their souls to the devil down here the last few years ....... My God, they are the spokesmen for KFC and every other product available it seems and it's cringeworthy to watch these cornballs do their shite.

How the farg did we end up with them ??????

30. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    I've just reversed into a cement pylon at the loading dock at my first stop this morning ...... :)

Holy shite, may have whiplash I do believe, that could get me a week off if I play my cards correctly. ;)

Poofessoria, I blame you for this by the way. :D

31. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Oh yeah - and when the market AIN'T bearing it due to his own performance; lack thereof, Windyston starts whining...? He should have tried actually performing over the past two years instead.:rolleyes: The Chargers probably offered him what he is worth - half a stale ham sammich. I ain't hatin - I watched him "play".