1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,053
    What the hell are they ???

Let me guess, a group of Superhero's addicted to painkillers, who operate out of a rehab in Arizona ???

2. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,053
    I didn't say it wasn't !!!! ........................as long as Corpsie Jr Jr wants to be a Race car driver or National soccer player, its just fine ...... :D

3. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,396
    Just another reason to get rid of Chao........

The NFL played a powerful role in deciding which scientists studied Junior Seau's brain, and Chargers doctor David Chao may have influenced that outcome.

Those are among the findings in a vivid report by ESPN's Mark Fainaru-Wada and Steve Fainaru.

Here's the lead to their story:

"Inside the autopsy room of the San Diego County medical examiner's office, Bennet Omalu, a forensic pathologist, carefully sliced Junior Seau's brain with a long knife. It was late morning on May 3, 2012; Seau's autopsy, which began just after 9, was nearly over. Omalu wore dark blue scrubs, rubber gloves and a clear plastic face mask as he went about his work in the cool, windowless room, picking up half of Seau's brain and placing it in a small tub filled with formaldehyde and water.

"Omalu, 44, was the first researcher to identify brain damage in a former NFL player. When he published his results, in July 2005, the NFL attacked him and insisted he was wrong. His research has since been vindicated many times over, with each new discovery of the crippling neurodegenerative disease in a dead football player. Omalu arrived at Seau's autopsy with a special "brain briefcase" he carries on such occasions. His intention was to fly Seau's brain back to San Francisco that night and share it with a Nobel Prize-winning researcher who also coveted the valuable specimen."

But Omalu would return home with the briefcase empty.

Seau's son Tyler, then 22, insisted that Omalu not be part of the brain study. Tyler Seau had consulted Chao, who was Junior Seau's team doctor for 13 years.

ESPN's account also confirms reports that Junior Seau had chronic traumatic encephalopathy, or CTE, a progressive degenerative disease of the brain found in athletes (and others) with a history of repetitive brain trauma.

4. X FACTOR

X FACTOR In for Life.........

Ratings:
    +186
    Afternoon all, getting ready to start the grill.

5. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,053

No shock at all to hear that, seeing it was a well known fact that this scum bucket hung around Juniour like a bad smell ....... Parasites are the same the world over and this lowlife has weaselled his way into obviously many high profiled people lives over time and for whatever reason, won over their trust.

I'm past some organisation taking this crim down and getting him off the streets, time to call in the black ops hit men and make this "just quietly disappear" ....... Don't care how its done, don't care to even hear about it in the media ...... If he someday just goes missing, Im 100% satisfied. ;)

6. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,396
    Not that you're one to hold grudges. ;)

7. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,053
    You better believe I do ......

Farg all this politically correct crap these days, where crims are treated with kid gloves and given a free reign to continue their lives with no restrictions for their past crimes, time they "paid the Piper" again, bring back the Guillotine I say. ;)

8. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,053
    Hmmmmmmm, missed out on McKinnie I see.

Would be interesting to know what the FO offer was ????

9. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +416
    Not as good as the one he signed! :poop::tdown::whistling:

10. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +1,016
    FIFY... <spit>

Stingaree will have a wake this evening - no open bar.

11. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,396
    McKinnie may not've been ideal, but he was still better than any of the options we have currently. Isn't it ironic that going into the draft, the one thing everybody was unanimous on was the need to draft a left tackle.

Here we are, going into a new season, with a "swing" tackle as our starting left tackle, and Mike Harris as the backup. Can't see how we're much better off than we were last year. :unsure:

12. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,016
    BUT WE CAN RUN RIGHT! mabey :oops:

13. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,396
  14. Stallion1994

Stallion1994 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
  15. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,053

Awesome ...... Wish we had a few like that on our team ........ Nice to hear that guys who would do "anything it takes and then some", still exist, I'm gonna keep an eye on this kid and hope like hell he becomes something special, if attitude and character still count for anything, he's a Cert.

16. Stallion1994

Stallion1994 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    I completely agree. The thing that irritated me in this article though was that Harbaugh seemed to just want to turn the subject of the conversation back to him. I guarantee you that he would have never done that in his entire career as a player.

17. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,053
    Well Stanly, Jimmy Boy as a player did have a rep as a "tough as nails" type it must be remembered, so whether you like him or despise him, he does have some genuine credit to his name when it comes to using himself as an example.

He does seem to like the limelight though, so I do get where your coming from ...... ;)

18. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,053
  19. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,053
    Do we know that for certain though ??????

ofcourse, it's universally assumed that he would take the largest offer, but Id still be interested to see the numbers and be 100% certain that was indeed the case.

20. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +416
    He's not a Charger. Who cares!

Sent from my Mobile Zin finder!

21. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,053
    Again you fail to see the "Big Picture" Pump ...................

It would establish just how vigoriously they pursued him and thus let us in on how important a they think it is too the teams success in obtaining a LT with experience.

Now sure, if he was asking for an amount we couldnt reasonably fit in the Cap, fair enough, but if he returned back to the Ravers for the same amount or less than the Chargers offered, then you'd have to ask "WHY" !!!!

22. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +76
    The ham sandwich had Miracle Whip instead of real mayonnaise, and they cheaped out on the bag of chips.

23. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +76
    You aren't seeing the big picture. Deano took out a massive insurance policy on Rivers. He gets Rivers killed and collects. He then sells the team for a billion to some douche who moves the team to Texas. The Spanos' then retire to some island like Eddie Murphy and Dan Akroid in Trading Places.

24. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +76
    Wow, a QB from a college team named the Engineers. Now if we sign a LT from some college team named Computer Geeks.... Lombardi baby!

25. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +76
    The only thing this clusterfarg of a season will be missing is box seats for me and Ringo...
    [​IMG]

26. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,396
    I detect a note of sarcasm in that response.

27. X FACTOR

X FACTOR In for Life.........

Ratings:
    +186
    Really a snow/sleet storm this morning and maybe later today?????????? It is May, Right?

28. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,396
    It's the new normal...... better get used to it. ;)

29. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +513
    I detected more of a pulse in that response.

BTW Corpsie, congrats and as cute as little Madison (or was it Emerson? :p) is, I still refuse to join your :poop:y forum ;)

30. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,016
    90s out here X - A/C has been running all afternoon... ;)

(Edited - I guess you didn't get the word about Mother Nature being bipolar these days?)