1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,089

Gretzky make a comeback did he ?????? ;)

2. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089

......indeed, just ask those other Man City supporters, Im sure you'd get a rousing vote of approval on that call.... :D

3. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    OK, Im heading home and have decided I shall spend the evening wearing my Muncie jersey, hell I may even sleep in it.

4. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    You should call Norf up SandyBob and suggest he employ Mancini as the "Holistic Coach", I hear all great sporting teams have one of those these days.

5. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +378
    Well better to lose the Cup and finish 2nd in the league than win it and get relegated like Wigan did today. It is all kind of fleeting isn't it Jack. If you are on a good run you somehow have to find the ability to enjoy it. The Chargers have had some pretty entertaining times. At least those who are professional harp, whine and biatchers should find their absolute fulfillment in the season to come.

6. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +378
    Well Norv was a very well liked coach amongst his players. Holistic coaches get fired too!

7. Stallion1994

Stallion1994 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    I'd argue that it's not overtraining that's the issue but lack of proper training.

8. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,481
    I wonder if it's a matter of trying to get guys "up to speed" too quickly. Lifting weights is a far cry from running and cutting at full speed. With the new CBA limiting the practices, coaches are naturally going to try to maximize the work they can get out of players for the sessions that they do have.

9. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    No way Tebow out-dramas PR on the field ;)

The mediots are about sick of the dude. Even ESPN is ready to abandon TebowWatch. I'm with you on this one Dave.

He ain't Mexican--no sales boost ;)

My wife thinks the guy is a ****. Which has nothing to do with her ****, by the way ( at least not that I know of...)

Anyway, back to the point: there's no more baggage with Tebow. Hell even the CFL won't play him at QB. He wants to stay in football. He's a decent cheap FB. Our HC can coach him. Easy choice.

10. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    What the ****?
    Muncie dead?
    Ingram injured?
    I'm gonna go crawl back in my hole. This offseason sucks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089

[​IMG] ..............................nope, hold on, I may have just shartzed and followed through on second thoughts.

Yep, I did, but all :poop: smells the same and its alllllllllllllllllllllllllllways PUTRID. ;)

12. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Absolutely SandyBob, couldn't agree with you more .................. that would have to rank right up there with the greatest "High's & Low's" in the shortest space of time I would have to think.

Poor bastages hardly have had time to come down from their FA Cup win, only to face the very very surreal fact of playing in the Championship for the next season ..............................who was it that said "fate is Fickle" ???????

That bastard was one fargin' smart cookie !!!! ;)

Oh farg, anyone and I don't care at what level you play at, if you have the god-given talent to be able to play a sport for a living, then count your blessings every single moment of the day, because it sure as hell beats living like the rest of us poor muddafargers who have to actually "work" for a crust, compared to your Family sized-SuperDuper Pizza of a paycheck. (that, by the way, many of us Old Timers did for the simple love of "playing" and would do again if given our time over again.)

13. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,481
    Shaping up to be a real fun season of Chargers football......... fantastic!!! :abq2:

14. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +378
    Indeed Jack. I am already working off my bum out. Definitely going to miss Mancini though. I've lamented the sackings of Kevin Keegan, Stuart Pearce, Sven Goran Eriksson, Mark Hughes... so the beat goes on. With the big money that it takes to run a squad the size of City comes the board room decisions.

Well... not long now before the CFL starts up. The $3 mil salary cap in that league gets you a backup goalkeeper in the Premiership... (or a guard in the NFL). I guess there's something to be said for that. :D

15. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    "Well liked" by players doesn't equate to "success" though Dave, the Chargers are the poster boys for that.

From all accounts, Marty was quite popular with the players also, didn't help his cause at the end of the day when they choked on him in his hour of need.

I've said it a million times, Norf is probably "one hell of a nice guy", but as a Fan, I couldn't give a Rats toassbag as to what his personality consists of, if the team isn't winning like it should, then "hit the road Jack", which is what should of been his fate far before it finally was .................. Fans are interested in one thing and one thing only when it comes to their sporting teams......................WIN often and when you should, in that regard, Norf failed miserably as a Head Coach.

It could be argued that his other coaching stops he simply didn't have the cattle, no argument from me on that call, but anyone who makes that argument in regards to the Charger team he inherited, is pissing into a Hurricane without an umbrella.......................that team was locked & loaded for success the minute he took the reins.

Could he have changed the way 07 panned out with the injuries to key players at crucial times of the year ? ..........ofcourse not, but after that there were no such excuses, his teams simply failed when it counted most and whether its fair or not, the Head Coach shoulders the blame for his players underachieving, which they did consistently for the next 4 seasons.

Lets just hope that "Da Wheel" McCoy is blessed with that holistic touch, God knows we could do with a little divine intervention right now !!!! ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    These are highly paid and well educated professionals these days Stanly ..................... are you saying that Coaches, Trainers, Conditioning & Strength types have no idea what they are doing ????

Hmmmm, have a hard time believing that young Grasshoppa.

17. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089

YEP, good point ........................ basically trying to cram what was once a 6 month program into half that these days, could indeed be the cause.

Take a kid like Ryno for example............

He hits me as the type who's gonna take advantage of any "down time" and use it figuratively. (not that he'd understand what the term meant)

Then he gets to camp, totally out of shape and isn't the type who gets up to speed overly quickly anyway and before you know it, he's underdone (and brittle) attempting to play at about 75% of fitness......................just can't be achieved in todays game, guys who take that attitude will be found out very very quickly and thus far, he has.

18. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Surely we could have him grow a Dirt Sanchez type Mo and fool a few, couldn't we ???????????????? ;)

Could you please PM me the ****'d words, Im having trouble deciphering them...... :D

NO BAGGAGE !!!! :eek::eek::eek: .................you really do need to get out more my friend. (farg and here I thought I lived a sheltered life. :confused:)

That poor Farg'r has more baggage attatched to him than a One Way train trip to Australia from Mumbai, India mate ......

[​IMG]

........ and thats NOT including the Goats, Cows and Sheep.

19. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Basically its been what I'd call a "RUSH-ANNE of a day"......... :(

20. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Don't the NBA already have that patented ???????

21. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    3 mill. wouldn't get Sir Alex outta bed of a morning.......................would it ??? ;) :D

22. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Anyone up for a feelgood story ??????? .....

So, there was once this kid from Sudan, one of 9 born into the hell hole life that comes with Civil War.

So, he and his family flee to Egypt for a few years of R&R (is that even possible in Egypt ?) before applying for refugee status for a new life in Australia, circa 2003.

Kid lands in the tough town of Werribee (YES, that very same Werribee that you'll often hear me quote in that famous line ........ "In more :poop: than a Werribee Duck" !!)

Kid learns the Australian Way of life, which ofcourse includes playing a little Aussie Rules Footy at school ......................kid is a quick learn and within 4 years is playing in the elite U17 TAC Cup competition.
    By 2009, aged 18, is drafted into the AFL and spends a few years honing his craft at the top level with what is basically what Americans would call "AAA" ball ........

One month ago kid makes debut in the big leagues ............ in his 4th game he kicks 6 goals and dominates. :eek:

You think this kid isn't living "the Dream" right now ????

Oh, did I mention he has a rig that would make "The Governator" envious and has the women down here a little clamy around the gills ?????

Plus, his name just happens to be Majak Daw ....................yeah, close enough to pronounce as "Magic" for the press to work their schick. ;)

The media/women/some men, are so busy drooling over this guy he must think he has died and gone to heaven and from all accounts, has offers galore for marketing opportunities, coming out the wazooooooooo.

[​IMG] .... [​IMG]

If I'm the owner of "SPEEDO", I sign this dude up to a Tiger Woods type money deal...........................doesn't look to me like he's done any steroids yet :whistling: .....did I mention the Women love him ??????????????????????????????

That could have been ME if Mum had just invested in that Bullworker I asked for back in '74 ...... :(

Almost 6' 5", 207 Ibs and I don't see to much "body fat"...... well, maybe about 10 or so Pounds, give or take an ounce ;).................has a spring like a Gazelle, great agility, basically, bastage has it all.

Think his parents made "a good move" 10 years ago ????? :rolleyes:

Great story, hope it contines.

23. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Nice little tribute on PTI for "Chucky Munch" I see ................... That gets a big :tup: from me.

24. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +378
    But it would buy him a lot of new shiny wrist watches to point at during stoppage time.

25. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
  26. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Far to many of todays "Football Managers" are a little too overexposed for my liking SandyBob, shite, from the little soccer Ive seen over the past 25 years, the likes of Ferguson, Mourinho, etc etc etc, are given more facetime on the idiot box than the actual players, why the hell anyone would find their childish tantrums and sideline antics worthy of viewing over the actual game, is so far beyond me, I cant even begin too process it.

Thats not even covering the fact of how they love to talk about their own achievements as though they have singlehandedly won the game off their own penny loafers, while somehow sitting in the stand or overacting the Drama Queen role along the sidelines so embarrassingly, it makes Paris Hilton look Oscar worthy.

Have no time at all for "Posers" mate .......................... these blokes are the poster boys for that phrase.

27. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    What the ****, we'll give him a pass on the roids. It ain't like he's a rich white kid from Plano, Texas ...;)

28. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Nice sig. You need to get the Geelong Tigers in there.

29. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Offseason--Ghelken needs to write about something.

30. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    8)