1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. X FACTOR

X FACTOR In for Life.........

Ratings:
    +186
    Not sure how much time I will get on here after tomorrow, final packing and don't know if the net is up and running there yet?

2. X FACTOR

Ratings:
    +186
    BTW, my plan will not allow international calls, so when you get ,let me know it made it pls.

3. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +387
    Any comments on Ponting's retirement Jack?

4. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Just be dang careful in transit, time and patience will get ya back in here. :tup:

5. X FACTOR

Ratings:
    +186
    Will do sir.......... my 18 yr old is driving my new car behind the uhaul.........1st time on a hiway, scared as ****....... and I mean me.

6. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,089
    nothing yet X ......

oh for sure will let you know when it arrives...... No need to ever call here mate, I still have a ton of minutes on my international card that need using, now that it costs me NADA to call the Deev these days on FaceTime.

I reckon I put $50 on that card over a year ago and still have well over $30 left on it ..... Now if all you bastages would just buy an iPhone or iPad, we could put every telephone company out of business in no time at all.

7. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089

Ummmm ...... NO !!!!

Hahahahaha, only gagging SandyBob.... ;)

Well I didn't realist he wasn't ALREADY retired Mate !!!!

Talk radio down here has been calling for his recall on this upcoming Ashes tour because the state of Aussie cricket is in such disarray....... It's embarrassing how bad they are at present and the simple fact that they all seem to think they are superstars, doesn't go down well among the public here.

I just heard they have been playing in some tourney and didn't get out of the first rd ........ No surprise there.

I'll fill you in on a story that just hit the papers here 2 days ago, when I get home........

It exemplifies why sports in general are totally farged up these days to a tee.....

8. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,232
    whats up down undah Jack-o?

9. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    The hardest part of that highway drive is staying awake ........ Gotta be the most boring drive anywhere in America........ Flat, open plains for hours on end, not a damn thing worth looking at for 4 hours.

10. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Well it's Friday and I've just dropped off my last box for the day .....

Now just need to waste about 2 hours to fill in the rest of the day.....

Coffee Shop maybe !!!!!!!!! ;)

EDIT ..... Hold up, just remembered something.

Anyone of you bastages ever wanting to visit here, hang tight.

The dollar is dropping quicker than Pumpkins beanbag in a hot tub at present ...... Is down to a 3 year low after today .......wishing I'd kept a few Yankee dollars in my account ......... Oh, wait on, I do ....... To bad for me they are now in Deevs account, I'll never see those bucks again !!!! ;)

11. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Hey BLEW, not sure why its taken me this long to mention it, but..........

If your bored on Saturday night, go check out the Deev in action.

http://www.deeboneproductions.com/index.html

I'd completely forgot that your a cultured sort of guy who enjoys the theatre and the finer arts ........ my bad !!!!

I'd make a fine manager, wouldn't I !!! :whistling:

12. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Anyone in here watch "Highly Questionable" on ESPN ?

I love that show, good for a few good laughs daily, love Bomani Jones' dry wit and sense of humour.

Anyway, one particular piece grabbed my notice this evening.

A video in regard to "The Bikini Basketball Association" ...... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ohhhhh Hell Yeahzzzzzzzzzz .....................I swear, one of the women interviewed who was trying out, had bigger Ta Ta's than any basketball I've ever seen.

There isn't a bikini on this earth that would keep those puppies from bouncing out ................

Also, if these pics are any indication, looks like the "gal's" are out-inking the lad's, especially in the leg tatoo's area ............... you go Gurl's !!!......

[​IMG]

http://withleather.uproxx.com/2012/...-stars-of-the-bikini-basketball-league#page/2

[​IMG]

(now there's a novel idea ................ reading the "funny pages" while eating at the "Y" !!!! Classy :tup:)

Oh damn, well now, there's the credibility factor that was lacking .......................

The original Hot Dog's daughter is playing ...... Miss Deiondra Sanders (ohhh yeah he did, he named her after himself for farg sake, just too damn funny !!!)

[​IMG]

....and wearing the Ol' Man's number #21 to boot.

Seems she also has a "thing" for licking certain body parts from what I could tell....................just one classy family that Sanders bunch. :rolleyes:
    This is my TEAM by the way ......................As soon as I seen "PEACH", it was done and dusted.

[​IMG]

Damn Sweety !!!! :eek: ..... forget about BBB Babe, we are in desperate need of a RT, get that arse down to Charger Park ASAP.

PUMPY, she (?) has a "package" you'd die for ................ wonder if Ladyboys are eligible ???

Ahhhh what the farg ...............................what channel is this on, I'm there with bells on !!!! :tup:

13. X FACTOR

Ratings:
    +186
    That's no ****, hate that drive with a passion.

14. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
  15. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,512
    [​IMG]

16. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Ol' Ernie must figure we need to hedge our bets a little by having the TWO biggest busts of alltime, guess Leaf wasn't quite cutting it for him. :rolleyes:

Fair Dinkum .............................JaMarcus Russell !!!!!! ............ I know we are short on talent, but taking a chance like that would set us back another 5 years.

Unbelievable call that one.

17. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Can't wait to see the triangle offense in that league.

18. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Very well played Ringo.......

How about a "box in one" with the chicky pictured last ??????

You'd better hope you have a cut lunch, sleeping bag and a compass if you ever expect to get home.

19. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +387
    Please do. I did not realize that Aussie cricket was in such a bad way. I knew though that things are not good.

ps... The Socceroos qualified for the World Cup. That is at least something.

20. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Oh shite !!!!........never did get around to "that story", did I !!!

Oh yeah, cricket here is in absolute shambles and being the most beloved "International sport" this Country plays, is always big news here.

Anyway,a few weeks back, the TV rights were up for renewal and seeing as Channel 9 down here has "owned" them forever, no other TV network has ever even dreamed of putting up an offer to oppose them. (even since Kerry Packers passing, cricket IS still Channel 9's baby and most profitable ratings venture by a country kilometre)

Anyway, out of the blue, Channel 10 offers up double the amount of 9 and catches everyone by complete shock ............ roughly 400 Mill., which by our standards down here is totally unheard of money, fargin' crazy was how those in the media were wording it.

So, the 9 exec's are caught totally offguard by this and emergency meetings are called ....................in the end Ch 9 offers up a cool half BILLION to retain the rights and Ch 10 pays 90 Mill. for the rights to telecast the Big Bash series (the equivalent to the IPL) ..................ofcourse the players and CA (cricket australia) are over the moon with this outcome and the players are now all on contracts worth millions ......................... problem with that is, apart from Clarke, NOT ONE of them is worth $1000 let alone millions, so the fans are in a complete uproar over guys being paid these amounts, yet doing nothing on the field to earn it.

Then this past week, The Australian newspaper ran a story in regards to team selection ..................

Word was that Channel 9 execs were stating that THEY would have a large say in "PICKING THE TEAM", seeing as they have invested so heavily in the game and wanted the CA to stop using the rotation system that is now common place in the game, but hurts ratings severely.

Well, you can imagine how that went down with the games past players and fans of the game ................... sports talk radio went into meltdown mode when word leaked out .......................and rightly so.

Ofcourse both sides then came out and denied that such a thing could ever happen, but the seed has already been planted and no one believes for one second that there isnt some truth to this bizarre situation.....

Just a further nail in the coffin of sport Im afraid to say ................. big business ruling sports has been happening for years ofcourse and this is just further proof of where the games are heading.

I can see Ch 9 losing bigtime if the team gets the arse-whooping by the Poms that most are expecting, because viewers down here will jump ship like you wouldn't believe, one thing Aussies wont stomach is getting embarrassed by the Motherland in Cricket ................... thats not acceptable under any circumstances, yet I see it happening. ;)

21. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Oooops, forgot to comment on the Socceroo's ...............

Well, lets put it this way SandyBob ...................if you can't beat the likes of "great soccer-powers" like Oman, Jordan and Iraq to qualify, then I guess it's time to take up marbles. ;)

The whole "qualifying" stage of getting to the World Cup bewilders me a little to be honest, but it is what it is I guess, so ofcourse the media here hype it to the absolute max, but to me the team is still very substandard when compared to the world powers.

Hey, good luck them, they'll need plenty of it to get out of the 1st round I would think.

22. X FACTOR

Ratings:
    +186
    Morning all big packing days the next 3............than outta touch for a while.....Jack if need be call Tonia's cell......know u have the # you bastage. All services cut off here July 1st.

23. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,028
    I kinda enjoyed reading this - of course, in the dog-days before Training Camp, anything positive regarding a player or players that will soon be dressing in lightning bolts over pads is welcome:
    Finding the Fits: Cornerback Williams could surprise in San Diego

24. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Got it mate, I'll be sure to let you know when the package arrives.

Good luck with the move, steady as she goes friend.

25. X FACTOR

Ratings:
    +186
    You know it.

26. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,028
  27. X FACTOR

Ratings:
    +186
    Jack , were the hell is your pkg....... no, not that one , ya sick bastage......, pd good $ to that **** there quick.

28. X FACTOR

Ratings:
    +186
    Brother Dave, how be you sir?

29. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Did you pay "priority deliver" or something ????......I hope that wasn't the case, because usually a package will get here within 7 to 10 business days by the normal lower cost.

Hey mate, who knows how and why stuff takes the time it does, there are Fed X flights to Australia everyday, so the distance can't be used as an excuse these days....... If I had to guess, I bet the hold up would be from the original destination to LA, because usually once it hits our shores it's only a matter of a day or two before it reaches our address.

having a relo in the post office business for 35 years tells me that much.

30. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Have had a heck of a start to Summer here X. Last month we were in FL attending a granddaughter's H.S. graduation, (took our eldest granddaughter with us), now this month my Son & his family came out here to attend the eldest's graduation this past week. We hooked them up with plenty of entertainment while they were here, but my Son & daughter-in-law's biggest item was decent MEXICAN FOOD! <grin> Tickled me, my 13 y.o. grandson is now the tallest of all 7 grandkids. Also noted the H.S. girls over at the graduation were kinda checking him out. :D Told his daddy that boy's future is bright indeed. :tup:

They flew back to Florida today, (changed aircraft in St. Louis), and I'm pretty sure all of them went home very pleased with their visit to the old Pondee and San Diego county. Just got off the phone with the "boy", (he is 45 now, pushing 46), and they are safely ensconced in their own home as I type this. :cool:

Pretty sure Heidi and I are going to spend the next few days just puttering around the place and re-charging batteries.

Not envying your big move coming up - last time we did that was 1987 - I have to "have it done" these days.... Just the same, gotta do what ya gotta do - that doesn't make it easy though. Just hoping at least the weather cooperates for ya!