1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Guffy's rare appearances on the CMB ended long before Shamrock became a Mod over there. (Now why could I vouch for that?). ;)

2. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Me too? ;)

3. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,453
    Only in the loosest definition of the term, of course. ;)

4. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    You DID wield the banstick back then didn't you?

5. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Pumpkin--suggest dialing draft day back a bit. Labor Day Sunday at 8pm is no bueno. Some of us aren't taking time off from work/ getting the hell outta Dodge all the time, after all ;)

6. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Ayup - mostly on trolls from other teams fans, but Guffy gave me a "special" itch that needed to be scratched. I wasn't as smart as Shammy, but I knew what an IP address and a MAC address were for.

Rules on the CMB were quite stringent that first few years, excepting the Smack Shack, and initially were enforced pretty strongly - but I tried to discuss matters with Roo and MiM first to make sure I wasn't getting carried away.... (there were only the three of us back then). A thankless job. I don't look at it as the "Dark Side", never did, but do remember how you question yourself, (and others), to at least try to be right. When you can't do that - its time to quit, (which I did). ;) Its a hell of a lot easier to "just be a fan" and only responsible for/to yourself.

7. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +417
    Well don't worry about Taco..... he'll do AUTOPICK.....:sleep:

Just sent out this email to the league....

8. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    True, but I'm thinking about me. I'm camping that weekend.
    Either of the days you sent works for me.
    Thanks!

9. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Didn't realize roo was a mod back then. Who's MiM?

10. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,071
    http://forums.chargers.com/member.php?u=50599

Was the first female mod for memory Ringo, from all accounts a great lady.

I recall speaking with Roo about her way back because she had been unheard of for some time and it was assummed she had passed away.

Im sure Dave is far more informed and knowing of her existence of the forum though, so I'll let him fill you in.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    A female mod? Ha! Now I've heard everything!!!

Lady person.jpg

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,071

Expecting major bitchslap from Sydalish in 3..... 2 .....1 .....................Lancelot's arse is grass !!! :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,684
    LOL

I actually had a nice saucy reply with mention of delicate constitutions, shark week and fashion tips but then I got distracted by the news Ben Afleck is gonna be the new Batman :confused:

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,026
    You said it Jack - a great lady who absolutely would amaze you with her knowledge of football. Back in the day, when Tom Bass used to host football classes for Ladies, MiM was one of his most apt students and, I'm sure, surprised even him. Roo was invited to be the lead Mod when they were still putting together the CMB, (Summer of 2004, not public yet) - he had been a Mod over on the SDUT forums, and MiM was the 2nd. I was surprised when the two of them started recruiting me to help with the "geek" end and became a Mod over there in Sep. 2004.

I didn't last all that long - but the other two sure did, and between the three of us we were able to get more to volunteers to serve in what is (again) a very thankless, unpaid, job. I was proud that, when KC had to shut down their forums, (I heard it was primarily Mod problems), "ours" continued to thrive.

While I didn't particularly enjoy the job, I sure liked being associated with Roo & MiM and learning from them. Patience has never been my strong-suit, particularly faced with stupidity or someone who was simply trying to get my goat. My inclination is to give them the goat horns and all. :)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,208
    Hated being a Mod...

16. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,026
    :cool:

[​IMG]

17. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,453
    Too bad that photo is after the ball was already jarred loose....... what you need to see is the point of impact. The side view showed shoulder to shoulder contact, making the head contact incidental in my view.

18. JAMMER

JAMMER BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +168
  19. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,071

WOW !!!! ...someone's in mid-season mode early !!!!!

I'm kinda surprised that Deaner's hasn't made them take the Greyhound actually. ;)

20. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,071
    Stiffy, are you planning on attending any games this season my croissant-munching friend ????

Let me know ASAP, I need to organize tickets for the games Im planning on attending in the next week or so ....

21. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,071
    That pic doesn't show any conclusive helmet to helmet contact that I can see BLEW, looks to be all chest to me and ofcourse, by that stage Ol' Wee Willie Winkle is "tucking his head" in a downward position also, to absorb the blow.

22. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,071
    Don't fret my dear Conc, the feeling among the rabble was mutual. :p :D

23. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,026
    I know, was trying to show my "gentleman" by showing an image that it wasn't a helmet to helmet shot, despite my previous (admittedly "homeristic") stated view. Will try to watch the next one without the powder blue shades on. ;)

A few years back that would have been played all week on "Jacked Up" with no questions asked... But *ANY* Charger in the past 10 years would have been flagged, legal hit or not, and we would have lost 15 yards..

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,453
    If it was Jammer, they would've thrown in unnecessary roughness to boot. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,026
    That first few years, QJ could draw a PF for sneezing. <spit>

26. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    ****, huck a dead cat around here and you'll hit an ex-mod.
    Syd--you should make jack, blue, sandy, pumpkin, blitz (!?!?), me, etc mods for a day just so we're all on the same page here ;)

27. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,453
    And if it was Rodney Harrison, they would've read him his Miranda Rights. ;)

28. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,453
    5 things to watch: Chargers vs Cardinals

The score won't matter Saturday in Arizona.

Still, for the Chargers starters, this is the game that counts.

They are expected to play deep into the second quarter, and possibly into the third, during this third of four exhibition games. Here are five things to watch.

Chargers secondary: Larry Fitzgerald is among the NFL's best wide receivers, and Michael Floyd has improved entering his second season. This duo will help provide a quality tune-up for the secondary before it meets the Texans' Andre Johnson and DeAndre Hopkins in Week 1.

Damik Scafe: Defensive end Corey Liuget likely will miss this game with a shoulder strain. That allows Scafe, a 2012 practice-squad player, the chance to prove capable of handing first-team reps for a defensive line that is low on proven depth.

Offensive line: This position group has been monitored all offseason. After the pass protection in Chicago, there is no sense in that stopping and certainly not until the Chargers declare a starting left tackle for good. King Dunlap remains the favorite over Max Starks. How the reps are divided will indicate where this competition stands.

Wide receivers: No Danario Alexander. No Malcom Floyd. No Eddie Royal. What a time for someone to step up against a Patrick Peterson-led Cardinals secondary.

Danny Woodhead: The Chargers running back will make his preseason debut Saturday. This game will reveal but a small sample of how the versatile veteran will be utilized during the year, but it is still a chance to see San Diego's backfield together for the first time.

29. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,684
    I was actually wishing RTL had mod-for-a-day privileges a few days ago... Haha

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

30. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,453