1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +76
    The speed of dark is strong in you, Pumpy:p

• Like Like x 1
  2. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,041
    Well it must be said he was concentrating hard on the FF draft at the time. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +76
    The draft or a bottle of zin?

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +408
    Okie, Good call I forgot I had an open bottle! Nightcap time! :tup:

5. boltcorpse

boltcorpse back from the dead

Ratings:
    +119
  6. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +492

:helm1::helm1::helm1:
    :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:
    :helm1::helm1::helm1:

7. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,041
    Am I dreaming or did I see Goodman's name on a cut list ? :)

An appearance by the Crap Bros. I see................... very nice, must be Football season.

8. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +492
    No my big Sista, your wishes have been granted ;)

9. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +1,010
    Michael Gehlken ‏@UTgehlken 4h
    Chargers part with return man Richard Goodman, leaving Fozzy Whittaker as the heir apparent: http://utsd.us/135ml1r

Four hours old but yeah...

~~~

OBTW, I really like signing the former Bulldog boy from Fresno to the PS!

Kenny Wiggins, T, Fresno State – A 6-6, 314-pounder out of Fresno State, the tackle appeared in all four games for the San Francisco 49ers this preseason.

If you still have a copy of our debacle, er..., exhibition game against the 49ers, he was wearing #69 and came in at OLT for Colt McCoy after Kapernik was done with the 1st offensive series for them. To these eyes, worth grooming on the PS if he doesn't get poached.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
  10. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,041
  11. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,041
    Excellent, good to see I wasn't dreaming, had his opportunity and hasn't shown a thing.

The more beef the better Dave, will never complain about having to many fat boys onboard.

12. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,010
    Always agreed on the beef Jack - I also like speed and strength:

Ricky Henne ‏@ChargersRHenne 1m
    Chargers sign Brandon Moore to practice squad. All spots now filled up.

That takes care of the "first wave", but there may be another as TT looks at who got cut off other teams' temporary 53 as they snagged perceived upgrades off the waiver wire. (I expect Goody to get a look from a couple of teams too). That wave will most likely involve on-field tryouts as teams will be dumping guys nicked up in camp but not on I/R.

13. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,041

Well :poop: , if your going to get all specific finally, with a combo of Beef, Speed and Strength, wouldn't we be a Superbowl contender ????

unfortunately for us, the past regime was rather :poop:ty, :poop:ty bang bang at assembling such talent and here is what we are now faced with for the next few years......... a slow painful rebuild once again.

14. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,370
    Not necessarily that slow....... the Colts went from 2-14 to 11-5 almost overnight.

I'm looking for some of that TT magic. ;)

15. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,010
    Yeah, and their O-line tried to get Luck killed doing it.

I'm watching FSU's O-line against Pitt. Their redshirt frosh QB just threw his 4th TD of the night. FSU 41, Pitt 13

Want some more of that high quality beeeeeeeef in 2014. Team needs depth - period.

16. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,370
    I don't think our O-line will be as bad as last year's though. If anything, I see Rivers having more time to throw, but needing less time with the new offensive scheme.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,010
    I'm hoping you are right Blue - convinced they picked the right starting group, (out of what they had), just very, very concerned about who comes in when one or two get nicked up. Seminoles have one of the best O-lines in college this year, (not much at RB) - and believe me I was watching those fat-boys *closely*. Hoping to see better quality at positions of need slide to us in 2014.

18. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +375
    Philip is not a nickel and dime passer. He is your classic downfield gunslinger. I see us as miserable as ever converting third downs... (unless an array of backs and receivers learn to be Gawd's gift to breaking tackles). Scifres is going to be facing his heaviest workload since becoming a Charger.

19. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,010
    <snort> If that last part works out to be true, they had better protect HIM better than they did against SF. ;)

20. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +375
    I am sure they have the number of that scrub punter Kent on a speed dialer.

21. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,370
    Well, all we've seen from Rivers is the downfield stuff under Norv..... that doesn't mean he can't do anything else. I wouldn't typecast the poor fella. ;)

I don't think the long shots will just evaporate though. If they employ the two head monster at TE (Gates and Green), they might open up space for some big plays. All Rivers needs is a little time and somebody to get open.

22. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +375
    Dunno Blew. Most of the West Coast stuff seems to work better with a roll out QB better than a pocket passer. When the LBs have to respect the run it opens up the underneath game. Everybody will let Philip run all day.

You are correct about the TEs though. Everything that worked well in the preseason could have been just as easily a page out of Norv's book.

23. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,370
    Remember, they haven't show anything yet. We don't know if it'll really be a West Coast offense.

McCoy isn't the type of guy who'll try to force a square peg into a round hole. He'll tailor the offense to what his players do best.... that includes Rivers.

24. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +375
    Well the Chargers of old seemed to be able to make first downs at will. Rivers would read the D, and if they were taking away Gates, he'd check down to Tomlinson or Sproles. I can't even remember the WRs being a big part of the 3rd down scheme.

Nowadays every 3rd down is an adventure. Maybe if we could run for a few instead of Philip forcing the ball to his primary receiver... (and the resulting mass of turnovers)... things will improve. Like you I think the OL has improved. How much improved we'll have to see when these guys play an entire game together as a unit.

The only hope for the Chargers nearing any respectability lies with the defense. Provide this impotent offense with good field position often enough, they'll score enough points to win a few games. But if our defense is constantly playing the short field... we're going to get so sick of NostraFrostus that one of us will go over there and shoot him.

25. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    The good news is that I'm very optimistic about the Chargers' 2013 season! :D

The bad news is that this is the most I've had to lie to myself (to be optimistic) in a decade... :whistling:

Screen Shot 2013-09-02 at 10.35.10 PM.png

26. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,370
    I wouldn't say the defense was blameless in our losses last year..... anything but.

As good as our defense looked at times, it also had some major letdowns at the end of games. That can be attributed to age and conditioning. We've gotten rid of the older vets on the D, and the new regime has upped the conditioning by all accounts. That should payoff with fewer blown games in the 4th quarter.

27. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    What team doesn't need a LB/FB with a direct connection to the almighty????

28. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    His buddy Rivers should ring him up and let him know he needs some more protection.;)

29. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Uhoh Pump Shammy has your number:
    Shamrock‏@Shamrock_Dan31 Aug
    I wonder why the local SD mediots haven't mentioned Kassim Osgood was cut by the 49ers. I'm sure kiddieland at .com is clamoring for him.

30. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +375