1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,377
  2. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,041
    Oh my gawddddddd, you could well be a Godsend.......

I don't see a "VoiceOver" option ? ......

The only thing it shows under "usage" is "storage", "iCloud" and "battery usage" which gives you the option to open or close the battery % in the top right of the screen when in use.......I don't see "VoiceOver" mentioned anyway on that page. :(

HhhhhhhhEeeeeeeeLlllllllllllPppppppppp ...........!!!!!!!

3. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,041
    exactly, that's what this team forces you to do, under NO circumstances could you ever feel totally confident in what outfit is going to show up from week to week, bastards should change their names to the fargin' Jekyll & Hyde's I tell ya !!! ;)

4. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,041
    ohhhhh indeedy, that Bag of Bags is so hen-pecked its not even funny, Im pretty sure he has had the bean bag removed also, as well as his Man card voided. :D

5. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,041
    OK Mister E Mann, just did a quick search and found the Voiceover option under the "accessibility" banner......... it is in the OFF position.

So Im guessing this isnt the problem then ???? :( ......DAMN IT !!!!!

Oh well, back to the Ol, drawing board then ........ Thanks anyway, was worth a try.

6. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,377
    Does your iPad power adapter say 50-60 HZ and 100-240V on it? If it does, then charging your iPad (with the proper plug adapter) shouldn't be the issue.

7. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,041
    Well I should hope so, seeing as its the one Deev uses here to charge her iPhone ....... let me check !!!

(15 minutes now has actually elapsed)

Yep, 100-240v, 50-60 HZ ........ took me 15 minutes to adjust my eyesight to be able to read such small print, but we got there.

heading into town this arvo, might try and find an Apple store an ask some questions of the geeks in there.

8. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Damn, total fail by the geeks here!

9. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,041
    quite shocked by that Ringo ....... most unusual for Blew Balls to be "not all over this" maybe he's losing his touch and technology is passing him by ??? ;)

10. Mister E. Mann

Mister E. Mann ShiteTalker

Ratings:
    +51
    This problem just started on your trip, or was it happening before you left ?

Edit - I see on the last page that "you never had this problem back home".

There definitely is a different wall adapter for the iPad and iPhone. The iPad uses a 10W charger, while the iPhone only uses a 5 Watt charger.

Did the problem start before or after the first time you charged it here ?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  11. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,377
    Yep......... and there's your problem. The iPhone charger is lower voltage than the iPad charger.

You sir, are a nitwit for not bringing your iPad charger with you. That's why you can't get it to charge up properly.

12. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,041
    Ok let's see now.....

DEFINETELY just started after arriving here mate, have never had an issue with draining the battery like it is presently.

What it's doing is draining the battery even when I'm plugged into the AC outlet, which I didn't think even possible to do ?

It also seems to be using much more of the battery power very quickly here than at home, I could use it for 10 hours in my truck and hardly use any juice, but here it seems to run down to the 20% mark in an afternoon when not plugged to an AC source.
    Im in downtown right now at a Starbucks, but Deev tells me there are no Apple stores around here ?...... Otherwise I'd go buy the proper adaptor.

Are they available from any other stores that you are aware of ???

That is interesting to know that the iPad and iPhone use different adaptor though ........ Sneaky bastards, I should have figured they would. :mad:

13. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,041
    Now why would I know that they'd be different adapters ????

If I'd bought my adaptor (which has the 3 pins remember) I'd have to buy a transformer as well! wouldn't it be just simpler to buy the actual iPad adaptor with the correct wattage ?

OK, back up, I DO have my 3 pin plug I just remembered, but those voltage converters are way more expensive than what an iPad charger is I bet.

Any suggestions as to which way to go lads would be much appreciated ......

Off for a walk, will find another WiFi hotspot along the way to call back in soon...... Cheers.

14. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,041
    Oh, one other thing if I may ......

What type of Go Phone is the best buy and where do they sell them.

Just want something to get me through my time here.

15. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    Reviews look good on this one, Jack...

Jacked Phone.jpg

D'oh! I think it uses a 10W charger!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Mister E. Mann

Ratings:
    +51
    They are definitely available at Best Buy, and possibly even Target, WalMart and any other place with an electronics department.

Will cost about $20 - $30 I think

17. Mister E. Mann

Ratings:
    +51
    Best Buy will also have a selection of prepaid phone options, from a bunch of different carriers.

The only one I can speak for as far as coverage though is Virgin Mobile, which should work in all the areas you'll be on this trip.

18. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,377
    Why, because they are different devices, with different sized batteries, that's why.

An iPad has a much larger battery, which holds more juice, and takes longer to charge, so using the lower wattage iPhone charger it would take forever to recharge it.

There are two Apple Stores in SD....... one in Fashion Valley, and the other in the UTC shopping center. If you are near either one, you could drop by.

19. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,041
    Well we've known for some time that I take nitwitism to a level thought unachievable by mankind, so let's just move past that discussion. :D

So how does this explain why the device is using the battery usage so quickly, even when charged at 100% ????

Surely once the device is showing 100% it shouldn't use power more quickly here than at home ?

20. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,041
    Just for that Lancelot, I'm going to look for this exact model ......and I'll be calling you up for advice if I can't figure out the instructions too. ;)

21. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,041
    Beautiful ....... Well I'm now down at Horton plaza, so we'll see what I can find.

22. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +1,010
    ...but then you digress.... :D

For Jacko, that is straight skinny on needing the more powerful charger for the iPad... The iPhone charger only provides about 1 amp and the iPad charger provides about 2 amps - both voltage *and* amperage are what is needed to provide the necessary wattage (power) to charge your phone. Blew is spot on. If you weren't such a cheap bastage they do sell external battery backups that will temporarily service both devices when you find yourself running short on battery life, (but they are a hell of a lot cheaper off of Amazon than Apple - you might ask at Best Buy to see what they have).

Also I am plus 1 on Virgin mobile. Used to use them for the granddaughters before I gave up and just added them onto my Verizon account. Funny, at one spot over in Santee Lakes, we had zero coverage on our cell phones, but the granddaughters little virgin mobile phone worked just fine. Go figure. :tup:

23. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,377
    I would guess that the battery charge indicator is thrown off my the adapter somehow. I doubt the iPhone charger was really giving your iPad a full charge.

24. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,041
    Got it ..... Just looked up the UTC one ( had no idea what that meant or was located), looks like a decent weeks walk from where I'm located currently BLEW ;)......... Might have to wait for the Deev to arrive with the wheels and head out to Fashion Valley I think....... Thanks for the advice.

25. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,041
    Got it, yep, that sounds feasible, there was no way it could be using that much juice so quickly, if fully charged.

26. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,041
    Hey Old fella, how are you ?

OK, sounds like Virgin is the go then, I'll try and find a Best Buy down here.

Just walked past the hostel I stayed at 5 years ago when here for the Patties game that year............ Where has that time gone ????? ....... DAMN !!!!

27. Mister E. Mann

Ratings:
    +51
    [​IMG]

28. Mister E. Mann

Ratings:
    +51
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  29. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    You can get one of these Screen Shot 2013-10-16 at 4.15.40 PM.png for just 500,000 of those points

30. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +408
    • Funny Funny x 1