1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,046
    are you mixing me up with Gooey again ????

2. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046
    I see you got tickets for the Donks game Conc ......... you plan on attending the tailgate ?

3. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046
    It was never gonna be a light that burnt bright for long, was was always destined for a major flameout, the parasites he allowed to surround him made sure of that, but farg it was fun to watch while it lasted.

4. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046
    They both certainly made a few headlines for all the wrong reasons, but don't most of those "born with a talent" !

Seems to be par for the course, Fame, Fortune and he inevitable Fargup's go hand in hand. ;)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  5. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    I don't know...Ali, Sugar Ray Leonard, etc., on the boxing side,
    Nicklaus & Hogan on the golfing side...

both Woods and Tyson were sooooo much better than their peers...
    damn, in his day, you'd just think "How can anybody possibly hurt Iron Mike"?
    (he'd stalk you like Frazier, and hit you like Foreman) :confused::eek:

Screen Shot 2013-10-22 at 3.48.58 PM.png

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  6. Mister E. Mann

Mister E. Mann ShiteTalker

Ratings:
    +51
    I gotta play it by ear. Got a lot going on with work right now, so might have to show up right around kickoff time.

7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,173
    Yeppers... You?

8. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +1,014
    Never was a bleeder, then again as a H.S. student I was a skinny 5'9" 114 lbs. at 17, yet was blessed/cursed with a 69" wing span. About the only way anybody in my weight class could whup me was to get inside, and I wasn't about to just "let" them. (Nobody could beat me in the rope dance). ;) Continued to grow after I joined the Navy - another 3 inches - and finally grew into my arm length/reach, but spent entirely too much of my early Navy pay trying to keep a sea bag full of bell bottom dungarees that weren't "high-water". ;) My ship finally made it to Taiwan and I loaded up on cheap Kaohsiung dungarees, (we pronounced it "cow shung dungs").

Had quite a scrap (gloves on) with a kid that transferred into my school that later went on to the pros after HE finished growing - had to keep him off of me because he could hit like a fargin mule - name was Jerry Quarry. That day, and a couple other times, I was damn proud of my long arms. :D

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046
    Hell, had me confused as all farg for a second or 2 ....... well played there Mister !!!! :tup:

10. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046
    With bells on !!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046
    well, I doubt anyone else in here can claim that fame of going up against a man that has fought against Ali, not once, but twice, so I have a greater appreciation of you now Ol'Fella !!! ..... very cool !!!

12. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,014
    Good thing I caught him while we were still teenage boys eh? :D

Even then, about the only thing that saved me was our coach/ref was enforcing Olympic boxing rules - if he had allowed Jerry to maul and brawl I wouldn't have had a prayer - it was silly for coach to put both of us to be in the same ring as he outweighed me by over 20 lbs even then. As it was, it came out a draw according to coach because I just slightly faster with both hands and feet - and believe me, I kept all 4 of them moving. The whole gym expected me to just lay down, and when that didn't happen nobody was a surprised as I was. (At one point I thought I'd broken my right hand hitting the top of his damn head). ;)

He had a hell of a powerful hook with either hand, and even taking them on the arms made them feel like lead after a while. It was a gratifying experience for me - not so much for him, but may have inspired him to work harder on his hand speed in Golden Gloves competition.

In my opinion, Jerry never could get over blinking and ducking his head every time he was jabbed and I always thought that was his downfall far more than turning into a bleeder later in his pro career, that caused him to take a lot more punishment than he should have - but damned if the very next year he didn't go on to win the National Golden Gloves championship, (about the same time I made Radarman Seaman in the Navy and married Heidi). Can't say I was surprised, damn that guy could bang!

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046
    Great story Dave, Quarry become legendary himself after those Ali fights, there haven't been to many like him that could take punishment the way he did and he was always known for the power in his punches.
    Very impressive !!!!

14. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,014
    I can damn well vouch for his power - even as a kid. ;)

We had another kid named "Lars", (for the life of me can no longer pull out his last name), that graduated the year after I did. Had a lot of fun sparring with him because he kept himself under control. He kept bugging me to join him in Golden Gloves, saying his Dad would transport me in with him, but I had other priorities - (primarily graduating, joining the Navy, and getting off of my Grandparent's backs in that order). Have never regretted passing on that - an awful lot of good has come my way courtesy of the Navy, and at this end of life, it still is. Lars competed, but did not make, the Olympic team - then later was killed in a single car crash up on Mulholland Drive. Jerry and his brothers are gone now except for the youngest who was only a baby at the time. His sister kept to herself, and you can bet *I* was careful to stand clear of her. :D

I'm still around.
    Life is good! :tup:

15. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    Charger Dave, you win the "Man's man" award for the week.

I loved the sweet science, but none of the 5 guys (4-1) I fought were anybody.

I always liked you...but now I fear you a little bit, too. :sick:

16. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046
    I thunk ya did OK Mate :tup:.......... definitely made the right decision, you could count on one hand how many Pro Boxers get out of the game with all their faculties intact.......and most don't even start the game with many to begin with to be honest, not to many Rhode Scholars take up boxing as a career, do they !!! ;)

17. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,014
  18. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,379
    I miss Nov's calm reserve. ;)

19. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046
    It's OK BLEW, NOV is just around the corner ....... (You nincompoop !!!)

I miss his daughter and that's it !!!!

20. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046
    Seriously, this Buc's team needs to go back to those "Popsicle color" uni's !!!!!

21. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046
    Geeeeezus Krist LaFell, catch the fargin' ball you pussy........your killing my FF hopes you useless bastage.

22. Mister E. Mann

Mister E. Mann ShiteTalker

Ratings:
    +51
    Yep, I'm sticking by my above prediction from a month ago ;)

23. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046
    Its a race between him and Frazier as to who goes first ......

Im liking Frazier's odds at getting the years first pink slip myself !!!

24. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046
    Good to see D-Flop is still as big a douche as ever ....... LOSER !!!!

25. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +375
    Spoogers are going to come up dry this week.

26. X FACTOR

X FACTOR In for Life.........

Ratings:
    +185
    I was the prob. the smallest dude in HS......... 5'8 120 lbs.... but still manage d to make the basketball team for me outside shots , wrestling team, and boxing team, I'm a small dude for sure, but mean, and know my moves vs. anticipating the opponents, I had some good teachers , (in family) who went all state. Wanna try MMA in my weight class just one time........... wifey says hell no....... all though my marine buddy, trained in hand to hand , did teach me some good ****.

27. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046
    Aaaaaahhhhhhhhh, its the dreaded enemy !!!

you sir, are going down! I have put a fair bit of effort into fielding my team this week (ok, a good minute, but that's more than usual)

the Spoogers will "blow you away" with ease, Peyton shall take his revenge this week and may well have a triple digit game. :D

28. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +375
    I have never played a Man U. player in my round FF Al Abbas. Drafting a Donko QB (nevermind a Manning) is equally bad taste. No victory is worth that kind of indignity. :roflmao:

Besides... Rodgers is going to cut through those sad sack Vikes like a solid member bludgeoning dripping Ghee. QB points are going to be a wash at best. You are going to have to find your glorious victory elsewhere.

29. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046
    5' 8" !!!!!!!! :eek:

So when did you shrink to your current height of gooey-sized ??????? :D

30. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046
    No, I do see your point regarding "Manning", but I wasn't about to let Pumpy snap him up, which was an absolute "cert".

I do live with the shame, but then again, I live with plenty of shame already, so what's a little more gonna hurt I say !!!!

Oh yeah, Rodgers could well rack up more than Manning against that horrid lot of Vikings, they are an abomination presently.

Frankie Gore will have to go berserk for me and it wouldn't hurt if Mighty Mouse pulled his finger out either... ;)