1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +378
    A lot of these matchups are decided by one bizarre circumstance or another. I need the Bungles D to have a bad day and some obscure bum like McFadden or Fred to step it up. Helu got 3 tds last week and the Donko D is horrid. Who knows? I'd say the odds favor you, but not the 4/1 like the FF Gawd says.

2. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,053
    Hahahahaha, I have no idea where those odds come from! they do seem slightly out of wack every week.

And there are so many variables that can't be accounted for also........it's a toss up from one week to the next, that's for sure.

3. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +1,017
    Oh do I know THAT drill well - entered H.S. at 4'9" 114 lbs, (yep - shortest in my H.S), by my Junior year was 5'9" and didn't gain a pound, (of course with the sports I had taken up, it was to my advantage to remain light). My arms were extraordinarily long already, and Heidi used to call me "ape" as a result. (She was 6" taller than I at that time, but never grew any more). Now I hug her and rest my chin on the top of her head just as a reminder of how she lorded it over me in our early teens. :D

Little but loud, poor but proud, stringy but with enough speed and strength to surprise those that don't know ya - oh yeah Bro, I know that song very, very well. :tup:

4. Burlington Bolt Brother

Burlington Bolt Brother BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +162
    Charger Dave, X FACTOR and Lance! I checked into this place a couple of times and was shaking my head in manly disgust until I read your testimony!

Dave, How old are you?

Jack and others not mentioned, can you please stop talking about what colour of toilet paper you'll be having at your company Christmas party while rare warrior stories are being shared? Thanks!

I'm not pro or have heaps to brag about but I fight and that's worthy by itself. Every other pursuit in life is richer when it's judged on its own instead of it being a surrogate for physical bravery. So many have it backwards.

5. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    I'm fortunate enough to still spend 3 to 4 months of most years on wilderness/adventure retreats :D...no boxing, though
    since my teen years. Interestingly, there's one or two guys on here (whose most noteworthy "activity" is on a game console)
    who've given me crap about my age (I saw my first Charger game--that I remember--in '69, when I was a zygote) :p
    I still remember being a kid, hoping to represent the USA in the Olympics, like (a bigger, slower!) Sugar Ray Leonard.
    Screen Shot 2013-10-25 at 11.15.13 PM.png

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  6. DFWBoltFan

DFWBoltFan Where am I?

Ratings:
    +117
    ATTENTION EVERYONE LIVING IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA!!!

Please be advised to stay away from all McDonald's locations, as it may not be safe. The McRib has just been relaunched, and Jackfrosting is on the hunt. If you happen to come face to face with Jackfrosting, and you are holding a McRib............slowly, put it down, and take several steps backwards.......then run for your fargin life.

You have been warned.

7. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +416
    May I add.... always take several steps backwards if you see Jack, McRib or no McRib!

Sent from my Mobile Zin finder!

8. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,053
    I shall be sampling my first McRIB very very shortly ...........

2 and half years has gone by since my last feasting period, take heed.

9. X FACTOR

X FACTOR In for Life.........

Ratings:
    +186
    not even sir................ 5'8...............

10. X FACTOR

Ratings:
    +186
    Sweet beginning and ending Brother............

11. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,017
    :D
    Was watching undefeated FSU v/s NC State - FSU let by 42-0 at half time. That redshirt freshman QB of theirs is worth keeping an eye on - going to be one hell of an NFL prospect if he keeps improving like he has. Got bored, moved on. ;)

12. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,017
    Isn't the key to keep him in FRONT of you? :D

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +517
    I'm taking Jack & Deev to a nicer place in the Fashion Valley Mall this eve, but if he's into McRibs, I might as well save a couple of quids and take him upstairs to MickyD's for McRibs and McFlurries. Then Deev and I can have a quiet meal togther in peace and comfort away from Jack who'll be left on his own at McDonnalds :D

14. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,017
    I don't know about the rest of it, but I am currently 68, much to my surprise. Never expected to see 50. ;)

I was pretty much a boxer rather than a fighter. Was always too light in those early days to consider brawling - would have lost my hind end. My very last Navy smoker was in the mid-late 70s while overseas, had finally moved up to 170+ lbs so when I pushed something, it finally moved. *Had* to stay in shape, and still had fair hand speed/footwork.

That bout was an unsanctioned exhibition, 3 one minute rounds - the fellow I was scheduled to meet dropped out, so our CHAPLAIN stepped up to the mark. Did NOT want to do it, enlisted v/s Officer can get you in trouble, but since I was already a CPO by that time, decided to go ahead. Will give him credit, knocked him down 4 times and he kept getting back up - but the ref properly stopped the match. Had never mentioned to anyone aboard that I had boxed earlier in my career, but somehow the CPO mess found out and that's how I got stuck into the exhibition. ;)

Lots of great memories from a long 24 year career as you might imagine... Its only human to remember the good times and forget the bad.

15. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +517
    What disgusts your manliness in here sweetie? Hope you don't find my avatar too disturbing?

16. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +517
    FiFy ;)

17. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    Dang...is my whiteness that obvious? :unsure:
    (Is it the New Balance shoes?)

18. X FACTOR

Ratings:
    +186
    I believe, according to Jack, that that is Pumpkins usual position.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. DFWBoltFan

DFWBoltFan Where am I?

Ratings:
    +117
    Excellent call, Blitzy. :roflmao:

20. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    Blitzy, I'm embarrassed to say that this piqued my curiosity, as I hadn't yet heard the yearly
    "McRib chatter" 'round these parts.

First, the wholesome, quality ingredients:

McRib Ingredients.png

Then a behind-the-scenes visual of the deliciousness:

McRib deliciousness.png

Then the sad news that "McRib Tracker" hasn't yet had any reported sightings in San Diego area...

McRib Sightings.png

and finally, solace in the realization that the Happy Meal toy...

Jack's Entertainment Center.png

will keep Jack involved and entertained for many, many hours...

21. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    In what sport do you fight BBB?

22. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +517
    Just got back Home after an outing with Jackaroo and Deev. We fed Jack some fresh rainbow trout but you should have seen his face when he had to chow down the greens and the legumes! I believe he thought that he was being poisoned when he bit into the spinach :speechless:

Funnily enough, the Micky D's at the Fashion Valley Mall was no longer there upstairs :eek:

Deev promised to take this overgrown child to a Micky D's on their way back home.

It was very lovely to finally meet Deev in person. As for revisiting and catching up with Jack after 4 long years, just extrapolate and fill in the blanks on your own :laugh:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  23. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +76
    Deev just needs to use the same trick my mom used on my brother... tell him that McNasty's burned down. Calling the McRib pork is like calling Miley Cyrus an artist:sick:

24. X FACTOR

Ratings:
    +186
    What the crap are you talking about............something specific to say to me?

25. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,183
    Apparently this thread does not get the BBB seal of approval and everyone should only post what he is interested in... Well... life sucks all over, and colored toilet paper is an excellent topic of conversation...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  26. Mister E. Mann

Mister E. Mann ShiteTalker

Ratings:
    +52
    If I am not mistaken, you seem to be on BBB's favorable list (along with Dave and Lance)

It's Jack, and the rest of us that weren't specifically mentioned, that are being told to shape up or ship out :(

So in other words, keep it up X, you're doing just fine :tup:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  27. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,183
    Shhhh... The BBB has spoken.

28. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +76
    All I heard was blahblahblah.

And for the record, I go with a festive floral print toilet paper

• Like Like x 1
  29. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    butthurt_report_form.jpg

NOT FOR ANYONE IN PARTICULAR...JUST LOOKS LIKE THERE'S A NEED HERE, SOMEWHERE

• Informative Informative x 1
  30. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,183
    True there is. Some folk choose not to get past old arguments and put their fingers in their ears and go 'lalalalala I cant hear you'... Not singling anyone out in particular... :)