1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +262
    Wow, that is awful. I hope he is alright.

2. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +102
    Suddenly our W against the Colts isn't looking as impressive:confused:

3. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +102
    They said he never lost consciousness and that he's in the hospital for observation.

4. boltcorpse

boltcorpse back from the dead

Ratings:
    +119
    Oh my....

Bahhahaahahhaahahaaha! :roflmao:

5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,223
    Who let the corpse in.... Havent you guys seen walking dead?

6. boltcorpse

boltcorpse back from the dead

Ratings:
    +119
    My wife likes that show... figures, as she's married to a fukkin corpse.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    ******* Mr. Hyde back on D, eh?
    And what's with not trying to pound the ball from the 1 to win the game?
    ******* rookie HC out-thought himself there.

Ah well, it is a rebuilding year ;)

8. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Gotta go with the Parcells quote: You are what your record says you are.
    Rookie HC has shat the bed a few times, and the defense really isn't good.
    When the offense doesn't dominate possession, our crap secondary, crap pass rush, and crap tackling are exposed.

9. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    Oh, I agree with that. I'm the guy who keeps (irritatingly) reminding people of our #27 average ranking
    to start the season…in an attempt to foster a bit more objective assessment.

I'm not saying that this is some wonderful but underrated team.

What I'm saying is that--if two GIGANTIC, CATASTROPHIC choke-jobs aren't inflicted
    by the coaching staff near the end of two close games--all other factors remaining unchanged--
    the team's record would be 6-2. A satisfying, if not huge accomplishment given the teams they've played.

I'm not talking about an almost-caught pass, narrowly missed field goals, critical injuries or a questionable ref cal.
    Just the abysmal end of the game coaching in Tennessee & again merely 5 games later.
    I've stuck with the team through 2-12 & 1-15…but I can't remember two Charger games in the same
    season that were as hard to watch as these two avoidable slow motion train wrecks.
    I said "I'm going hiking on Sundays if this is how McCoy plans on coaching" after the giveaway of the
    Titans game ("no Attack on Titans" ?) and this one was even worse. :eek: The league will be laughing at Charger
    futility this week…and it's deserved.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Burlington Bolt Brother

Burlington Bolt Brother BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +162
    It's starting to look too coincidental. I may be wrong of course but I think ABN has nothing to do with this team's success and, like you said, cost two

11. Burlington Bolt Brother

Burlington Bolt Brother BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +162
    I didn't think the drafting and acquisitions were going to be this good, didn't know woodhead was what he is and didn't know if it were true that Royal was merely injured last year. I also thought that MM was going to be a good coach but not be able to do better than 4-12. The team really should be 6-2 right now but the coach (without the duties of being an OC) has messed that up. Telesco deserves a ticker tape. It's the opposite of the past where AJ got Norv's credit. Now McCoy gets Telesco's.

12. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Yeah, but I'm still stuck on execution **** ups working hand in hand with **** ups from the coaching staff.
    He's a rookie HC and he's showing it weekly. It'd be forgivable if he wasn't such an oblivious **** in the pressers.
    But **** D is giving him no cushion. Whatever's been done with the offense has worked (most weeks, but the Redskins figured it out obviously). Whether that's credit to McCoy or Whisenhunt, I don't know. But damn, the D has to stop more of that 3rd down shite. Don't get me wrong, I'm not letting McCoy off the hook for that silly *** **** at the end of the game, but the fails on tackling, coverage and pass rush are every bit as ****** up.

No way this team deserves/looks like 6-2, coaching blunders or not.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  13. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,089
    I tell ya what PUMP, you have really come of age in a comedic sense of late .......

Must be all that time we've spent together over the last few years .......nice to see it really paying off for you ........ Finally. :D

14. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    Okay, I don't have unlimited time to argue back and forth, especially since my main beef was with
    the attack on Mathews' "attitude" when running the ball…which is patently absurd to those of us who
    have seen every single one of his 799 NFL carries and catches.

I do salute you for at least trying to support your other stuff, even if I think some of it misses the mark.
    Gore, AP and Lynch are excellent "effort" guys. ("Helu?"…really? based on 2 carries?) All three fight hard…but, no, I haven't seen Mathews
    run less hard than any of them. He doesn't move defenders quite as much, but all 3 of those guys outweigh
    RM by 15 pounds or more. And you were criticizing RM's "attitude" not his effect…as evidenced by
    the peculiar Woodhead comparison. In other words, you did better than I expected here, but ultimately
    your harsh remark against Mathews remains unsupportable…just harsh.

You know that the "Buffalo's drafting history" is a weak straw man. I refuted "average at best" with
    evidence that he outperformed his draft class, including even the #1 running back taken that year.
    It's not about the Bills, it's about having some rational criteria for "average."
    "Average at best" is insulting…especially when RM has been clearly been better.

Mathews has been far from perfect, but he has a great nose for the end zone, and there was no rational
    reason to not let him leap over that pile. That's why everybody is talking about McCoy's jaw-dropping
    mismanagement. You've got the only back-to-back 100 yard gainer in the NFL (not a month ago, either!)
    averaging 5 yards a carry Sunday, no fumbles, and you cripple him with just 7 carries on the entire day.
    So you hand Washington a massive time of possession edge. And your too-cute-by-half goal line offense
    can't get half a yard with 3 plays. And you settle for a tie, eventually leading your team to another stupid loss.

Sorry, there's no way to shift the blame from the coaching, to Mathews on this one.
    (especially by making up some lack of drive, effort or attitude to try to pin on Mathews. He got jobbed by his coach Sunday)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  15. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,223
  16. Mister E. Mann

Mister E. Mann ShiteTalker

Ratings:
    +54
    So if we do not wish to view them, are they something else, or are they pics of that trip regardless of our desire to view them ? ;)

Nice pics ! That is a pretty cool place, and you seem to have a talent for capturing quality photos.

(Does this earn me a "friendly" vote ?)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. Mister E. Mann

Ratings:
    +54
    You are operating under the assumption that I and Chopper, are the same person. I know he was there yesterday, and I believe met with Jack. Can you confirm that Jacky ?

I on the other hand have never once said I was at (or would be at) yesterday's game. You assume that I was, but that's all you have right now.

Are you gonna feel Silly if I am actually going to the Donk's game, and it turns out I am not who you think I am ?

18. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Liking the game discussion thus far, was to damn exhausted to participate last night, one long arse day that ended badly, but still a fun day overall.

was very impressed with FED Ex stadium, well laid out, easy to get around, even with a large crowd, much more spacious than the Murph, that's for sure.

The whole Mathews debate is interesting to say the least.

I have no idea why he wasn't used in the 2nd half yesty, we fans can only speculate, but I do think its time McCoy came clean and explained what the guy's role is in this team and why he wasn't used in crucial instances at the end of the game yesterday, hiding behind "no comments" isn't going win over to many fan bases, especially when you throw a game away like they did yesty, due to incompetent coaching calls with the game on the line.

Also, something has to be done regarding the "D" ......... Not enough pressure at the LOS is showing exactly how bare the shelves are in our secondary......... My Gawd, anyone who thinks the likes of Cox, Wright, Gilchrist can take this team forward, doesn't know SHITE from Clay in my books............. Terrible, no other way to sugarcoat it, these guys are basement backups at their very very best and if the likes of Baby Zee, Liuget, Reyes etc can't get more pressure on the opposing QBs, then piss them off and find someone that can......... How and why a guy like English is STILL on this squad is utterly farging mind blowing, dood isn't worth a pinch of Nanny Goat, get rid of useless butt now.

Did Sci-Fi pull another groin yesty ? .......... He looked awfully proppy after a punt yesty and my God, when the only job you have to do is kick a football half a dozen times for an afternoon and never get touched and you still pull up lame...........maybe it's time to look for another line of work ?

Ok, that's all I have time for at the moment.........getting ready to depart Washington in a few hours, time to get back to some sunshine, farging nippy out here on the east coast.

19. DFWBoltFan

DFWBoltFan Where am I?

Ratings:
    +142
    No Chopper, I won't feel silly. What is silly is why you continue to play this game when everyone knows who you are. Why all the drama?

Perhaps it's time to break out the brilliant photoshop of you in a pink tutu........I'm sure the folks here would love to see it, and it certainly fits the situation.

20. Mister E. Mann

Ratings:
    +54
    OK, you seem to be overly confident, and starting to get a little upset. So lets put an end to this with something interesting.

If I can prove you wrong, and provide a photo on 11/11/13, with myself and Jackfrost in front of Qualcomm Stadium, than you shall be required to post a pic of yourself, which may or may not create the opportunity for some photoshop fun.

This one sided wager should not scare you, because you are 100% confident.

Are you in or are you out ?

21. DFWBoltFan

DFWBoltFan Where am I?

Ratings:
    +142
    LOL. I'm just having a little fun with you, Chops. Why would I wager when I know who you are? I will be looking forward to the pic on 11/11/13. :D

PS - do you mind if I post the pic of you in a pink tutu?

22. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
  23. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Jackie DOES indeed confirm this ...... :tup:

24. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    I would like to see it please ...... :D

25. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089

This is becoming funnier by the minute ........

Keep it boys, good stuff.

Heading off to the airport shortly, time to bid farewell to Washington.

26. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Congrats on not getting shot (in DC anyway, good luck in the airports) :tup:

27. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +611
    Yeah?! Good farging luck!!!

28. Mister E. Mann

Ratings:
    +54
    Have a good flight.

I look forward to meeting you this weekend !

29. Mister E. Mann

Ratings:
    +54
    I'll take that as an "I'm out". No surprise.

You'll have to ask Chopper if he minds that, as I'm not his Spokesperson or Attorney. I'd ask him for you, but I'm not in the business of doing favors for rude folks like yourself :p

30. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    There is no explanation for going from a team that logged more rushing attempts than passing attempts in back-to-back wins to a losing team that rushed its RBs a total of 14 times for 55 total yards. Something happened, but good luck getting the truth. We may find out later on, after whatever it was can no longer affect the team? Dunno, just a very frustrated fan with Pro football in general at the moment. Have said it elsewhere, I find myself enjoying college ball, with all of ITS warts, on Saturdays a lot more than what I am seeing the NFL turn into.

OBTW, the Colts came back to beat the Texans last night. :whistling: