1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,041
    Don't know much about Perry ........................ but the simple fact he is Guvner of Texas is probably all that needs to be said.

Yee Haaa.............Giddy up there Muddafarger !!

2. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,041

I'm not attempting any such thing ................

Ive just stated that I have no time for Newton, either as a humanbeing or footballer and hope that the farger fails miserably, I think he's a piece of dog shite and still will, regardles of whether he wins 10 Superbowls and 10 MVP's or ends up flipping burgers at Carls Jr's ............... couldn't give a Rats tossbag, I don't like the prick because he's a lying, cheating son of a bitch, who benefitted financially by cheating the system (of which I also have no love for by the way) and wasn't Man enough to own up to it...... and then an entire group of kids who follow, are the ones who suffer because of HIS indiscretions (ala USC and Reggie Bush) I find that to be as low as any humanbeing can go.

My dislike for the guy led me to state what I did 3 years ago and although I did indeed say that I thought he'd follow the same course as Russell and Young, I honestly didn't think he would crash & burn to the extent that they did, but was quite willing to play along for the jocularity of it to appease you and others.

So, hope that clears things up a little for you.

For what its worth ............ I'm no advocate for violence usually, but in his case I'll gladly make an exception and am hoping that one day a Suh or Albert Haynesworth type, actually buries that shite-smirking, smart arse grin of his, 2 foot under the turf and they need a backhoe to dig his lame arse up and a 10 hour operation to remove his helmet from his anal passage ........... then I'll finally accept that karma truly does exist. ;)

3. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,041
    Oh my !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........You were forever signing his praises, but now you're saying you never said anything about him being "clutch", because his overall regular season was the highest ever recorded in the NFL's history ? :eek:

I distinctly remember a post that included a suitcase full of cash (indicating he was "money") after he kicked a game-winning Figgie against the Bengals if my memory serves me correctly and yourself, L'il Jack and Stanly took great delight in telling me that he'd finally "proven himself" to be a clutch performer!!!

NO ????? :rolleyes:

Hmmmm, maybe it was that "other Pumpkin guy" on the forums back in the day ? :whistling:
    ----------------------------
    After some amazing memory recall on my behalf :)roflmao:), I happened upon these ... the good Ol' internet, can make the best of us look foolish, can't it !
    Care to comment on these links maybe ?

#18310 ..... #18320 ..... #18332 (FARG !!!, they dont work :mad:)

OK, lets take this route ....

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=72188&page=916

The post numbers above still apply ...... ;)

Worth reading a few pages after that also, some good stuff concerning the likes of Cooper, Cromartie and Cason that turned out to be 100% on the money, even as far back as Dec 2009 ;)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  4. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,041
    Well yeah, I hear ya, but surely you need to give your hand a rest occasionally, don't you ?

5. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,041

Nahhhhhh, Pumpys a One Man kinda guy .................. he'll find room for both of us. ;)

Hell, it could be a harem by now the way things were going last time I checked in !!!!!!

Can you say "Caligula 2.0" !!! :eek:

6. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,041
    Seriously !!!

a team that went 9-7 was our "best" shot at winning a SB ? :eek:

I can't even come up with a response to that one mate ...... :confused:

But to each their own ofcourse. ;)

For what its worth .......McCardell was totally under-appreciated IMO, that dude was clutch on so many crucial plays it wasnt funny ......... and to think he was 34 when signed, great player who never got the recognition he should of.

I'll never forget the PO loss to the Pats if for no other reason than the game that Eric Parker had ...........was an honest type for most of his career, but that game defined him as a favorite Charger fan villian for life.............poor basticle couldnt do thing right that day.

7. Mister E. Mann

Mister E. Mann ShiteTalker

Ratings:
    +51
    You have to look much deeper than just the record to see my view. The 9-7 record was deceiving on how strong that team was. Obviously they had an issue finishing games, and as a result their first 5 losses were one play away from being wins (and an average of 3 points per loss).

The most critical loss was the 2 point loss on MNF vs the Steelers. Had we just held on in that game, it could have changed everything (especially considering the Steelers eventually took the 6th seed and went all the way to winning the SB). I strongly believe that could have been us, had that flaw of not finishing games in the final minute, been corrected earlier in the year. Obviously their flaw kept that from happening, which is why it was a HUGE blown opportunity.

We spanked NE in their house that season, and then ended what seemed to be Indy's best chance they ever had at an undefeated season (also on the road). Put that team in the PO's and they would surely have done some damage, just like the 6th seed Steelers did.

Brees' final year with us ('05) > Rivers first year on the field ('06)

and yes, McCardell did do fairly well for us in 2005. 2006 not so much. And the 2006 season we dodn't beat anybody impressive to get our 14-2 record. The only reason we had a victory over a team that made the PO's 2006 was because the rules stated that the winner of the NFC West had to make the playoffs. 2005 we proved we were capable of beating PO's teams, just blew the opportunity to "get in the tournament".

8. Burlington Bolt Brother

Burlington Bolt Brother BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +162
    I'm glad someone brought up the '05 team. It was a very good team and better than the '04 team that went first place. Take a look at what Marty could do with a last place schedule and what he couldn't do with a first place schedule and it's easy to see why Marty Ball lost those first 5 of'05 by small margins. The trend of benefiting from easy schedules and failing with hard ones ended in '07

9. Burlington Bolt Brother

Burlington Bolt Brother BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +162
    And Keenan McCardell was a great receiver in '06 as well and though Parker had more yards, he was still the deep threat that had to be accounted for.

In this climate of excusing or down playing McCoy's blunders, it is interesting to note something about Marty and McCardell from that '06 playoff loss no one remembers in favor of blaming the loss on McCree... McCardell sat the entire game. He was healthy, had super bowl experience and was the deep threat and sat the entire farkin game. Why, you are probably not asking? Cameron had an argument with him before the game. That's it! Yes, Cameron-not Marty decided who got to play and Marty didn't notice or care and did nothing. To be fair to Marty, he was so nervous in that game (players reported that he actually asked an assistant to help calm him down) that he couldn't be troubled by what his OC was doing.

There's also the matter of the infamous 4th and 11, the non challenge, the bad challenge (where a ref actually begged him not to throw the flag) and the refusal to try another play before the too long field goal attempt. But some people remember these things while the Keenan McCardell incident went almost completely down the memory hole.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  10. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    2 long-winded replies when "Yep, you're both right, I'm full of it" would have saved you a bunch of time (unless you're up to 150 words/minute ;))

11. JAMMER

JAMMER BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +168
  12. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,041
  13. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,041
    I knew I'd be wasting my time, but hey, can't blame a Man for trying ! :D

14. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,170
  15. JAMMER

JAMMER BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +168
    Got it from NONO on Facebook :)

16. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,041
    Yep, I did see her post there !!!!

But don't tell her I said she was "slow" .....

She'd tear me a new one for making that accusation ..... ;)

17. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,041
    But even you can appreciate the humour of it no doubt !!!! ;)

Unless you've turned into a Charger Tom clone that is !!! :roflmao:

18. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,170
    No... I dont appreciate it at all!

truth hurts...

19. guerro619

guerro619 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6
    What the farg is going on in here. I can't believe I read all these posts since I last posted. Now my mind has gone to shite. Thanks......

20. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,170
    Who in the wide wide world of sports let you in here?!

21. guerro619

Ratings:
    +6
    Ummm.... the door was open.

22. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,041
    Goo, who you trying to kid ya little fargin' ankle biting MuayThai midget backflipping kickboxer ?

You're mind has never been anything but MINDBOTTLED anyway. :D

And also, I blame you for this 3 game losing skid ....... Just because !!!! :p

23. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,041
    Let's blame Lancelot ......

He's new to Gooey and that way no one else feels like they've let the team down.

• Funny Funny x 1
  24. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,041
    Ooops my bad, carry on with your bad self then Tom.

25. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,170
    Ok Punkin...

26. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,041
    I need to call that little vegetable by the way ........

I fear he is now totally embroiled in the "E harmony world" and can't find the exit door !!!! :D

• Like Like x 1
  27. guerro619

Ratings:
    +6
    My mind has never been the same after my first encounter with
    You ya SOD. ;)

Can't blame me. We won when I went to game against the Cowboys.

28. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,041
    oh OK, but the Donks loss is squarely upon your shoulders knackerbag !!!! ;)

29. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,170
    Second...

30. guerro619

Ratings:
    +6
    Who asked you Concubine.