1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +378
  2. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,054

Say's WHO ?????

Do the mod's over at Christian Mingle allow such filth on their site ???

3. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,054
  4. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Its a full-blown fargin' PARTAYYYYYYYYY in here mate, where have you been ????

Let me guess, lining up to buy some Hooch ??? :D

5. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Kid had hockey game down in Denver. Same thing next week--I'll have to DVR again. Wanted to go to game too, but that ain't happening. Both kids have games at 2pm, which just happens to be gametime, and I'll have to take one of them. ****.

6. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    I figure I'm going to have at least $100 worth of bets with all the hockey parent donko fans. Think I should be having them give me the 9.5 pts? **** that, I'll take the Bolts straight up. They're going to be pissed at me when I collect.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +521
    Earlier on, the line was 10.5.

8. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,054

Seriously, that SUCKS ................. knew there was a good reason I never wanted to procreate !!!

9. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,054
    I collected $350 on a straight up win bet today ........................a little pissed off I didnt have the nads to take the $11 offered if the Bolts won by +13, gave it a serious ponder too. :rolleyes:

10. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Yeah, but taking the line gives you very little return for your buck ...................... go the straight up WIN, if you think they are any sort of chance, its worth the ride. ;)

11. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    $11 or 11:1?

12. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    You guys have the betting thing sorted. We've gotta go through online bs rather than hit up the shop at the corner.

13. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +521
    So basically, the odd-makers fancy the Broncos by at least a TD & FG. We've played that sorta game before and it entirely depends on the TOP. Being an afternoon game on Sunday the 12th starting at 2:40 MST with these expected weather conditions:

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail7/USCO0105,

I reckon that they are expecting more bang-bang type plays from Manning & Co.

14. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Same thing ........put a dollar on, win 11.

Would have paid for my ticket back there to San Diego to watch the SB ...... ;)

15. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,054
    I have an account over there with sports book if you want in ...... :D

I do all my betting via the web these days ....... Good way to lose your arse though, it's to fargin' easy to bet !!!! :roflmao:

16. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    You'll get another chance this week. What are they giving for SD-Den game. I might start an account and get some.

17. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +378
  18. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,054
  19. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,054

Hold on, let me check ................ could have got 51/1 for the SB as of yesty too, bet thats died in the arse now though .........

20. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Bolts $4.60, Donks $1.20 .............................me likey those odds. :D

Now $21 for the SB (level with the Colts) ......... bastages !!! :mad:

21. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    damn so they're giving less odds for the Donks game than for the Bengals game, but more pts?

22. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,054
    There's another site that I believe will give even higher odds than those above, but it isn't set yet .....................just has the line market up and is giving the Chargers 10 points in at $1.85 .....................screw the points, I'll wait till they offer up head to head betting.

23. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Nope, I got the Bolts at $3.50 straight up, no points against the Bengals, now the offer is $4.50 with no points .................so basically, put $100 down, win $350 and get your original $100 back also.

24. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,401
    Suddenly confident Chargers could be this year's Cinderella
    Don Banks > Snap Judgments

INDIANAPOLIS -- Musings, observations and the occasional insight from a wild and eventful NFL wild-card round, while spending a snowy Sunday in Indianapolis. ...

• No more calls, folks. We have a winner in the NFL's annual playoff-team-no-one-saw-coming contest. We're prepared to report that the San Diego Chargers just tried on Cinderella's shoe and it fit. Feel free to start the party.

If you're Peyton Manning, you're probably thinking, "It figures.'' Just when you thought Manning, with his tortured playoff history, might finally get a fairly clear path to the Super Bowl in what has been a record-breaking season in Denver, along comes Philip Rivers and his pesky Chargers, a tandem that has tortured him plenty over the years.

The top-seeded Broncos (13-3) just drew the No. 6-seeded Chargers (10-7) in next week's AFC divisional round, and go ahead and affix the usual labels on San Diego's upstart playoff entry, fresh off an impressive 27-10 first-round road upset of No. 3-seed Cincinnati on Sunday at Paul Brown Stadium. The proverbial "Dangerous Team'' in the tournament? Yep. The clear-cut "Nobody Believed in Us'' club? Without a doubt. They're hot (five straight wins), they've been in playoff mode for more than a month now and they're playing loose and with house money. Every cliche in the book seems to wear well on these streaking Chargers.

Denver's a 10-point favorite over San Diego heading into next weekend, but get ready to hear all about Manning's mediocre 9-11 career playoff record, his eight one-and-done playoff trips and how the Chargers have blocked his path before. In 2007, when the 13-3 defending Super Bowl champion Colts were the No. 2 seed and No. 3 San Diego was 11-5, it was Rivers and the Chargers (with a clutch relief outing from backup quarterback Billy Volek) who went into the RCA Dome in Indianapolis and dispatched Manning and the favored Colts 28-24.

The same basic story unfolded in the 2008 playoffs as well, only in more excruciating fashion. The wild-card Colts were 12-4 and the No. 5 seed, but still finished four games better than the No. 4-seeded 8-8 Chargers, who had to win their final four games just to make the playoffs. Sound familiar, Bolts fans? San Diego beat Indy 23-17 in overtime in that game, with Manning never even touching the ball in the extra period.

When you factor in this year's results, with San Diego being the only team to beat Denver at home -- a 27-20 upset in Week 15 -- the Chargers can't possibly be the outfit Manning and the Broncos were hoping to tangle with next Sunday. San Diego held Denver to its lowest point total of the season in that Thursday night game. Manning's 0-2 record against San Diego in the playoffs means no team has ended more postseasons for No. 18, and the Chargers' most recent playoff win before Sunday came in that 2008 AFC first-round game against Indianapolis.

Add it all up, and we know where the pressure will fall most heavily next week in Denver: Squarely on the shoulders of Manning and the top-seeded Broncos, who still must deal with the sting of last year's quick exit from the AFC divisional round, a double-overtime loss to Baltimore.

The Chargers could be a very tough out for Denver, especially since San Diego head coach Mike McCoy was the Broncos offensive coordinator last season and knows how to best game plan against Manning. If you can keep the ball away from Manning, you have a chance to limit the damage, and no team did that better this year than San Diego. Only twice were the Broncos held to fewer than 65 offensive snaps in 2013, and it was against the Chargers both times. In Denver's Week 15 loss to San Diego, the Broncos ran a season-low 54 plays, which was key to the Chargers' victory.

If the Broncos' magic carpet ride of a season is to continue after next weekend, Manning and Co. are going to have to earn their win against the suddenly confident Chargers, the elite eight playoff team that is playing like it has nothing to lose

25. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Anyone watching this Ball St vs Arkansas St ballgame ??? :eek:

OMG .................. quite the ending coming up here, game was all but over 20 seconds ago, but a 15 yd penalty with 2 seconds to go has given Ball St a chance to tie it up and head for OT.

OK, forget that.................Kick BLOCKED, game over !!!! :roflmao:

26. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,054
    The way this is going, the Bandwagon will be soldout far quicker than a Chargers home game !!!!!! ;)

Nice article all the same .........

27. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +378
    The wheels have never been Bolt-ed on the Chargers' wagon. They come flying off at every little bump in the road. :D

28. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    I was saying the odds are less than they were in the Bengals game, but the point spread is more. Kind of a weird tradeoff.

29. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Well yeah................... but thats where the Pig-Dog (me) thats pulling that bastage, came into play ............ ;)

Damn I wish we still had access to the Ol' JNCP My Space page, that chop-chop was a Bewdy !!! :(

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  30. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Well if they are offering $4.50 presently, the odds are longer than the 3 and a half ($3.50/$1) they bet on the Charger/Bengals game ..................the point spread is greater though, but thats just to try and level the money up, obviously, all the money thus far is on the Donks, so the Bookies need to offer a juicier carrot for those who may take a chance on the Charger's........

Hell, carrot is plenty juicy enough for me with NO points in ............... just up the odds against and I'm all good. ;)

Unless there are some serious bets on the Donks, I seriously doubt the Chargers price will go higher, but you never know, just gotta play smart and not get overly greedy.