1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,071

Whats this "Today" shite ?

I'm pretty sure that arse of your's drags along the ground every day, doesn't it !!!!

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,205
    That aint my arse!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +416
    Give old Jacko a break....

His normal view is from the front.......... from his knees! [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,452
    Considering it's increasingly unlikely that we'll have either Alexander or Floyd going forward, it would seem that WR has become a high draft priority. As if we didn't have enough roster holes to fill already.

5. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,071
    Was saying the exact thing to Turdle last night when I heard about the latest setback with Alexander ....................

I honestly don't believe there's anyway we sign or expect either Floyd or Alexander back, if all the reports are accurate.

This really hurts at a position we were looking pretty solid in .......................... totally sux !!! :(

6. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,071
    You wish Stumpy ! ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +575
    Also let's not forget that some fans were readily dismissing Eddie Royal because of his high salary and his propensity for injuries. Both DA & MF were more of a deep threat which we really didn't have on the 2013 roster!

8. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +1,026
    FIFY. :)

While it may very well happen in the draft, that isn't the only tool available in TT's box. Just saying. ;)

9. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    All true…and yet…still not impossible that all 3 men be Chargers in 2014. :confused:

(no, I'm not taking wagers)

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,071
    Problem I have with Royal is his inconsistency, no doubt the guy has ability, but way to often goes missing when you need a clutch catch to keep a drive alive and YES, he is very much injury prone and I don't see that trait improving as he ages.

11. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,071
    You'd have to be the total optimist to believe all 3 will be on the 2014 roster Lancelot ................ simply won't be happening, Realistic Regina has spoken. ;)

12. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +575
    If The Pumpkin was around (as opposed to be trolling on the lonely hearts sites) you'd be racking up one more neutral to your total tally :D

• Like Like x 1
  13. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +575
    You are so 2012 ;) let's just put that season behind us when PRiv, Rhino & Eddie seemed to be readying themselves for the pasture ;)

14. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    I obviously wasn't arguing that I thought it was likely…or even remotely plausible.

But I have noticed a creeping "conventional wisdom..." as if we all know that the first 2 guys are done for sure…

and I thought it was just time for a gentle little reminder that we really don't know that at this time...

15. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +416
    Oh Lance,

Jackie knows! Just ask him! :D

Sent from my Mobile Zin finder!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,071
    Well this is a fan site Lance, where people tend to speculate and banter back and forth on the likelihood of something happening.
    Ofcourse none of us know anything for certain, but with the news that has been reported in the various media outlets, it's doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure out that the futures of Floyd and Alexander being Chargers, or footballers at all, are looking likely with the extent of their injury situations.

17. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,071
    What ?

Opinions aren't welcome in forums anymore ?

Sorry, my bad, I must have missed that memo .....

Would you rather we use this forum to discuss dating sites or current world events maybe you silly Ol tool ?

How selfish of me to dare express an informed opinion regarding the Chargers in here, shame on me. :rolleyes:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,205
    Go to the corner!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +416
    I was with you until I got to the word "informed" :cautious: But, sure we all have an opinion! :D

20. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,071
    I'm still waiting for the day you actually take the leap and post an opinion without be concerned with how others will judge it and maybe get confrontational with you about it .......... :roflmao:

I won't hold my breath waiting for that day though .......... :whistling:

21. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,205
    Its my opinion that you are being a bully to Old punkin....

22. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,071
    Well I'm glad someone finally picked up on it........ I was beginning to doubt my ability to stir the pot and let the stew burn, for a second there. ;)

23. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,205
    Stew?

24. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +416
    I think someone's panties are in a bunch.... :D

What else would you like to know mate? :)

25. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +416

[​IMG] No No No it's just foreplay! :D

26. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,452
    If only Jack had been as brave all those years ago....... ;)

Draft prospect Michael Sam comes out as gay
    Posted by Mike Florio on February 9, 2014, 8:49 PM EST

In 10 days, the NFL will descend on Indianapolis for the Scouting Combine, a year after multiple incoming players reportedly were asked about their sexuality.

For one of the players attending this year’s Combine, the answer has been provided without the question being asked.

Missouri defensive end Michael Sam has come out as gay, capping a football season that began with Sam sharing his sexual orientation with his teammates.

“I just want to make sure I could tell my story the way I want to tell it,” Sam told theNew York Times. “I just want to own my truth.”

The SEC co-defensive player of the year struggled at the Senior Bowl with a move from defensive end to linebacker. He’s still regarded as a third-round prospect.

“I’m not naive,” Sam said. “I know this is a huge deal and I know how important this is. But my role as of right now is to train for the Combine and play in the NFL.”

It will be difficult for Sam to focus on that role, at least in the short term. Instantly, his name will take on a Manzeillian magnitude at the Scouting Combine, with Sam’s press conference destined to be as busy as Manti Te’o’s session in 2013.

The media then will shift its focus to whether Sam’s declaration will help him or hurt him. Ideally, it will have no impact. But we’re not naive, either. Some coaches, General Managers, and/or owners will be inclined to shy away from being the first locker room to welcome openly gay player, even if none would ever admit it.

For that reason, Sam took a courageous path. (Outsports.com tells the story of how Sam made the decision to come out now.) He could have kept it hidden until after he was drafted. Instead, he opted (as he has said) to own his truth. And now whoever drafts him will be selecting — and accepting — Sam for who he is.

At a time when NFL teams seem to be obsessed with avoiding distractions, here’s hoping that someone will see this as an opportunity to help get sports to the point where having an openly gay player isn’t regarded as a distraction. Ideally, here’s hoping that Sam ultimately is picked because he can help a team win games.

27. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +575
    Good for Michael Sam. Is he likely to fall to us, or are we trading up to grab him?

28. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,452
    That's what he/she said. ;)

29. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +575
    Our GM doesn't seem to be phased out by media controversy. After all, he took Manti Te'o despite his infamous catfish story. We need an OLB and since Michael Sam is projected as a 3rd rounder, then we may get him if he falls to us in the later rounds.

As for reaching and grabbing him, I'll leave that to Jack with your assistance, by letting Jack to sit on your shoulders ;)

30. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,452
    Anything, to take the spotlight off Te'0. :D