1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. DFWBoltFan

DFWBoltFan Where am I?

Ratings:
    +142
    There ya go - short and too the point! :D

2. DFWBoltFan

DFWBoltFan Where am I?

Ratings:
    +142
    All is good here. Got laid off from the software company I was working for just before Christmas (bastages), so I've been doing a lot of networking/interviewing. The company was struggling, and didn't really have the infrastructure to support growth, so it was a blessing in disguise.

Just accepted an offer with one of the largest hardware/software companies on the planet as an Account Executive. Really great opportunity and I'm very excited to get started. Don't start until April 7th, so I'm just relaxing and getting my batteries recharged.

3. DFWBoltFan

DFWBoltFan Where am I?

Ratings:
    +142
    This is an outrage!! :mad:

Wait, what is a gordito?

4. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,481
    Chubby........ like that baby photo.

5. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +611
    That's not what she said ;)

6. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Yep Lancelot, you may have given me a little to much credit there ............. (Geelong did win the Championship that year also by the way.......................Hmmmm, coinky-dink ?)

Many would say that the words "peak & Jack" don't and never will go together in the same sentence.

Hard to argue with that logic at the moment.

7. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    http://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...ister-john-abbot/story-fnizu68q-1226861047746

:oops: ...sounds like we need to get a few of these "news types" signed up for a Geography class at the JNCP College of Hiya Lurnin' !!!!

OK, in relation to this missing plane .................

Ummmmm, that sight they are now searching SW of Perth for wreckage seems a hell of a long way off the original course, doesn't it ? [​IMG]

In fact, its the exact opposite path a plane would take if going from Malaysia to China ..........

More mind-bottling by the minute .................Thank God we have Courtney Love "on top of things" though !!! :whistling: (for not the first time I would imagine)

8. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,481
    Wait.......... do you just insinuate that Americans are ignorant? :eek:

Well, for news anchors, it's a given. ;)

9. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089

What !!!! .............there aren't producers and others involved in American newscasts ?

No wonder they pay those anchors a shipload of money then. :D

10. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Wow Aztec's !!!! ..................fell in by the length of a Jewish 4skin !!!! :whistling:

11. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +611
    Well, yeah!

Most likely explanation avoiding all the whack job speculation is that there was a major electrical crisis/catastrophe (cluster farg) on board, which knocked out the transponder and the communication devices. Since the plane was on auto-pilot, it mapped out a course to return to mainland for emergency landing, yet all passengers and the crew were probably rendered incapacitated because of a depressurized cabin and lack of oxygen.

In the very short few minutes when panic sets in and fight or flight instincts set in (no pun), no one has time to get on the cell phone to call next of kin to bear news of such an event. The plane just flew at the settled altitude on the new course with all on board already deceased and when it finally ran out of fuel, it gradually crash landed in the South Indian Ocean.

I read a report today that the undercurrents in that part of the Indian Ocean can move a fairly large object at a rate of 1 foot per second which translates to the same object having moved along with the current about a few hundred miles in just a handful of days.

Is this what Courtney Lurve had also babbled? :geek:

12. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    To the word Poofessoria !!! :whistling:

Sounds like your all over this one mate ............. yeah, to be that far off course, you'd have to think that the plane flew itself for quite sometime before running out of fuel ............. and you'd certainly hope that all onboard were deceased well before it crashed at least.

Sad way to end.

13. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +611
    Mount Everest is about 29000 feet high. If your lungs are used to sea level oxygen and you are suddenly dropped on its summit, you'll pass out within a handful of minutes because of lack of oxygen and within a mere minute or two, you'll feel woozy, nauseous and almost dysfunctional within your motor functions and cognitive abilities.

In a depressurized plane at over 30000 feet if the oxygen masks do not deploy, passengers would be unconscious inside of 5 minutes and brain dead in a fraction of an hour. If that plane flew for several hours under such a scenario, the passengers' death came well before the plane descended into the Ocean.

I can't fathom that this plane somehow flew over any substantial land mass because any country not run by a bunch of primates at its military radar operations, would have detected an unidentifiable flyer. It is a pretty good assumption that it flew over the Ocean if it maintained its regular cruising altitude.

Then again, I'm not a flight "stacker" like Jammer ;)

14. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    I was gonna say ................"Where's our resident "Flight Stalker"when you really need him ?" [​IMG]

Stiffy could have made a name for himself if he'd just put his expertise to work in this instance.

15. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
  16. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...als-add-ex-new-york-jets-cb-antonio-cromartie

What farg is this journo smoking ? ...................... and Brunell obviously must be his Fatty-smoking brudder.

Cover Tight Ends ??? :eek: ............he avoids opponents shadows, let alone making any physical contact, yet they expect him to get up in the mug of TE's !!!.....an amazing revelation indeed.

Brunell goes with "intimidating" .......... dude, get a real job, analyzing footballers obviously isn't your go.

Ive seen hippies hunting for mushrooms more intimidating than Scaredy Cro.

17. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,223
    Any chance we get a NT so big he has his own gravity well?

18. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +611
    This thread has a No Solicitation policy clause ;)

19. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,481
    Yeah, takes that stuff over to Christian Mingle, will ya? ;)

20. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,223
    You ladies are just no fun!

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    I'm guessing that you know something about "gravity wells" ????................................which, by the way, Ive never heard of until reading your post ?

Please fill me in ........... :)

22. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    So ......................

we haven't signed Vince yet I take ???? :D

I see Schwab has signed with the Turd's ..........................Man, talk about a career "crashing & burning" quickly, that guy's ability dried up quicker than a Nun's Nasty at a Vinny Young Sausage Sizzle.

23. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,481
    [​IMG]

24. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,223
    I dont swing that way old man! ;)

25. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,481
    Yeah, just getting out of a chair leaves you out of breath these days. ;)

26. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +611
    Is he a fat possum?

27. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,481
    More like fattopatomus. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  28. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +611
    In other Aussie related news:

"...
    A 27-year-old medical student may have the prescription for instant Internet notoriety by auctioning her virginity.

The woman is using the name "Elizabeth Raine," and claims to be a student at one of America's top medical schools.

Raine hopes to net at least $400,000 from the bidding and is using an Australian agent :eek: to avoid breaking U.S. prostitution laws.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/21/elizabeth-raine-virginity-auction_n_5002502.html

29. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,697
    Sounds like IBM - or maybe HP? I work for an Enterprise Software Sales recruiter who works with both :) fun business for sure - congrats!

30. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,481