1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,505
    Wait.......... do you just insinuate that Americans are ignorant? :eek:

Well, for news anchors, it's a given. ;)

2. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,089

What !!!! .............there aren't producers and others involved in American newscasts ?

No wonder they pay those anchors a shipload of money then. :D

3. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Wow Aztec's !!!! ..................fell in by the length of a Jewish 4skin !!!! :whistling:

4. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +634
    Well, yeah!

Most likely explanation avoiding all the whack job speculation is that there was a major electrical crisis/catastrophe (cluster farg) on board, which knocked out the transponder and the communication devices. Since the plane was on auto-pilot, it mapped out a course to return to mainland for emergency landing, yet all passengers and the crew were probably rendered incapacitated because of a depressurized cabin and lack of oxygen.

In the very short few minutes when panic sets in and fight or flight instincts set in (no pun), no one has time to get on the cell phone to call next of kin to bear news of such an event. The plane just flew at the settled altitude on the new course with all on board already deceased and when it finally ran out of fuel, it gradually crash landed in the South Indian Ocean.

I read a report today that the undercurrents in that part of the Indian Ocean can move a fairly large object at a rate of 1 foot per second which translates to the same object having moved along with the current about a few hundred miles in just a handful of days.

Is this what Courtney Lurve had also babbled? :geek:

5. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    To the word Poofessoria !!! :whistling:

Sounds like your all over this one mate ............. yeah, to be that far off course, you'd have to think that the plane flew itself for quite sometime before running out of fuel ............. and you'd certainly hope that all onboard were deceased well before it crashed at least.

Sad way to end.

6. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +634
    Mount Everest is about 29000 feet high. If your lungs are used to sea level oxygen and you are suddenly dropped on its summit, you'll pass out within a handful of minutes because of lack of oxygen and within a mere minute or two, you'll feel woozy, nauseous and almost dysfunctional within your motor functions and cognitive abilities.

In a depressurized plane at over 30000 feet if the oxygen masks do not deploy, passengers would be unconscious inside of 5 minutes and brain dead in a fraction of an hour. If that plane flew for several hours under such a scenario, the passengers' death came well before the plane descended into the Ocean.

I can't fathom that this plane somehow flew over any substantial land mass because any country not run by a bunch of primates at its military radar operations, would have detected an unidentifiable flyer. It is a pretty good assumption that it flew over the Ocean if it maintained its regular cruising altitude.

Then again, I'm not a flight "stacker" like Jammer ;)

7. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    I was gonna say ................"Where's our resident "Flight Stalker"when you really need him ?" [​IMG]

Stiffy could have made a name for himself if he'd just put his expertise to work in this instance.

8. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
  9. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...als-add-ex-new-york-jets-cb-antonio-cromartie

What farg is this journo smoking ? ...................... and Brunell obviously must be his Fatty-smoking brudder.

Cover Tight Ends ??? :eek: ............he avoids opponents shadows, let alone making any physical contact, yet they expect him to get up in the mug of TE's !!!.....an amazing revelation indeed.

Brunell goes with "intimidating" .......... dude, get a real job, analyzing footballers obviously isn't your go.

Ive seen hippies hunting for mushrooms more intimidating than Scaredy Cro.

10. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,232
    Any chance we get a NT so big he has his own gravity well?

11. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +634
    This thread has a No Solicitation policy clause ;)

12. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,505
    Yeah, takes that stuff over to Christian Mingle, will ya? ;)

13. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,232
    You ladies are just no fun!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    I'm guessing that you know something about "gravity wells" ????................................which, by the way, Ive never heard of until reading your post ?

Please fill me in ........... :)

15. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    So ......................

we haven't signed Vince yet I take ???? :D

I see Schwab has signed with the Turd's ..........................Man, talk about a career "crashing & burning" quickly, that guy's ability dried up quicker than a Nun's Nasty at a Vinny Young Sausage Sizzle.

16. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,505
    [​IMG]

17. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,232
    I dont swing that way old man! ;)

18. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,505
    Yeah, just getting out of a chair leaves you out of breath these days. ;)

19. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +634
    Is he a fat possum?

20. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,505
    More like fattopatomus. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  21. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +634
    In other Aussie related news:

"...
    A 27-year-old medical student may have the prescription for instant Internet notoriety by auctioning her virginity.

The woman is using the name "Elizabeth Raine," and claims to be a student at one of America's top medical schools.

Raine hopes to net at least $400,000 from the bidding and is using an Australian agent :eek: to avoid breaking U.S. prostitution laws.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/21/elizabeth-raine-virginity-auction_n_5002502.html

22. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Sounds like IBM - or maybe HP? I work for an Enterprise Software Sales recruiter who works with both :) fun business for sure - congrats!

23. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,505
  24. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089

Ok !!!!!!!!

Is that the "Nun's Nasty" I was talking about above ?????????? :D

25. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    As long as the Wifey keeps thinking that we are all still Golden !!! ;) ;) Nudge nudge !!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  26. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    So where is she planning on "losing it" ??? There or downunder ?

For $400,000, she'd better have marathon-staying ability, stamina like a rented pack-mule, be able to suck a golfball through a piece of Spaghetti and squirt like Ol' Faithful.

I'm guessing she's highly overestimated her Snapper's capabilities ........ :D

27. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089

OK, I'll bite !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is he gawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ??????????????????????????????????????????????

[​IMG]

YEP, another chance to show off a Nun !!! :tup:

28. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,505
    Nope......... Clary is the teflon man. I just saw this little fan piece on him......

Clarifying Clary: A Look at What the Chargers May be Thinking

Jeromey Clary has been much maligned during his career with the Chargers, and most of it has been deserved; although, some of this criticism could be attributed to hyperbolic fan overreaction (Sidebar: This has been true of some players during most and/or part of their Charger career. See: Quentin Jammer, Jacob Hester, Eric Weddle, et al.).

Lately though, there has been a loud clamor demanding that Clary be released by the Chargers. This is mainly due to his high salary ($4,550,000 in base salary and $1,700,000 in his pro-rated signing bonus, which adds up to a total cap figure of $6,250,000). When most look at the big money that Clary is making, they think it’s ludicrous and beyond all reason. Some look at the advanced metrics and see how low Clary was ranked by Pro Football Focus or others and wonder how he is worth that salary and why he is still currently a Charger and the 4th highest paid one, at that.

Well, the Chargers obviously have a different line of thinking that most fans. Currently and as of now, they must deem him worthy of the aforementioned salary, for they have yet to "renegotiate," nor cut him from the roster. And let me clarify in advance to avoid any notion that I am "appealing to authority" here; I do not necessarily agree, nor condone, nor concur with their view; I am just tiring of the continual onslaught and tumult for Clary’s position on this team to be no more. After a few comments on nearly every thread on BFTB, it becomes tiresome rather quickly.

I do think I may understand why they may be keeping Clary at his current deal (although, Tom Telesco did say that there may very well be more veteran restructures forthcoming—in short, "there are a lot of moving parts."). Here are some of the things that Clary does provide for the Chargers:

• Leadership. Apparently, he is well liked in the locker room and has a positive presence.
    • Continuity. There is a lot of talk about how much continuity helps O-Line play and maybe since Ryan Mathews had a career year last year, the Chargers may want to keep the line as stable as they can.
    • Flexibility. In terms of position. He played mostly at RG last year, but also played a RT when Fluker went down and also when Fluker played at LT.
    • Stability. This may very well be the main reason he is still on the team at his current salary. Clary seemingly is always on the field. This isn’t necessarily true of any of the other starters (aside from Fluker, who only has one year under his belt thus far) on the line. Clary has started 96 out of the 106 he has played in (10 of which was his 2nd year and he wasn’t active at all his rookie year). Over the last 6 seasons, (according to my math) he has missed only 9 games due to injury in the regular season. This includes 2009 when he was placed on IR.
    • Toughness. He plays hurt an awful lot (see above).
    • Known quantity. There is that old adage that a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. The Chargers know what they have in Clary, as a player and as a person. This is not going to be true of most free-agent pick-ups. They know how hard he works and how he fits in in terms of scheme, play, and personality. This doesn't always turn out to be true with free-agents (see: Derek Cox, Robert Meachem, David Boston, etc.).
    While you and I may not agree with the Chargers and their current decision making in regards to Clary, they seem to be staying the course with him and his contract (again, please do not read into what I am saying here and just assume that I think that the Chargers are always correct with their choices because they are the team. Obviously, that would be a huge misnomer. One would just need to look at Derek Cox to see that they do indeed make mistakes and therefore aren’t always right). So, while you may not agree with Clary being the 4th highest paid player on the Chargers, sometimes some decisions go beyond the numbers.

29. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Who wrote that BLEW ?

As fine a bit of fence-sitting reading as I've seen in awhile .....................

I couldn't give a Gnat's nut whether he's "well liked", "works hard", provides flexibility, is durable and plays hurt ............none of those things mean jackshite if your constantly beaten by your opponent more times than not and commit countless dumbarse penalties year after year.

Have never questioned this kid's heart or endeavour, gives you all he has, my problem is and always has been ................... it isn't good enough.

For whatever reason it seems Charger fans in general get awfully sentimental over certain players and it ends up hurting us down the line and holding us back from ever truely challenging the "Big Boy's" at the pointy end of the season ........... that attitude is all good and fine, as long as you don't mind always coming up short year after year.

Clary and his likes are honest as the day is long, but they'll very very rarely take you to the promisedland in my opinion.

p.s.,.......did he seriously use Jacob Hester as an example of hyperbolic fan overreaction ?

..... remind me again where he is playing in the NFL !!! :rolleyes:

30. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,505
    It was from BFTB, if I remember correctly.

The fact is simple........ the organization places a different value on Clary than most fans do. That guy was just trying to come up with some reasons why that might be the case, nothing more. I think they were clear in saying they didn't feel that way themselves.