1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,046
    I have a theory on that .......

I reckon they may well have been one of the very first of a generation that were given "'tarded names" and therefore had nothing to measure up too, being originals and all......... Plus, there's no way they ever got into the Old Mans stash as youngin's, Frank never hit me as the type that would waste or share his psychedelics with anyone, let alone his kids. ;)

2. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046

You are correct Sireeee, on all accounts.

They had a made-for-TV mini series here a few weeks back on Hutchence, got plenty of attention apparently and had actual interviews with fellow band members telling some home truths that went over like a lead balloon with the Hutchence-worshippers. :rolleyes:

He is still idolized down here by an entire generation of 70's, 80's and 90's freakazoids and this show hotly disputed that he did indeed die from Autoerotic asphyxiation and that it just made his death all that more bizarre and gives the story more cred to keep in the news for years to come.

3. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046
    SECOND that ...... :tup:

4. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046
    Were those the days you were riding the Queens camels at Royal Ascot my good Man ????? :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046
    I dare say he did "alright" out of it financially though to Lancelot ......... From all accounts the guy is farging loaded and I'll be damned if that all came about from royalties on ONE song and a few years of touring.

6. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046

....and for naming his kids after Fairies whilst stoned off his Scone ofcourse. ......... I bet he was totally pissed that the Missus shot through to screw Hutchence before he had a chance to add a Tinkerbell to the litter.

7. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046
    Sheer coincidence no doubt CJ !!!! :rolleyes: :whistling:

8. Riff Raff

Riff Raff BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +226
    Good. Your response was made as if I had no idea that NT is a need. Well duh....

Easy to see why you and matilack don't play nice. Know it all's seldom do.

9. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +375
    Anybody that seriously followed Zappa's career knows he was very much against recreational drug use.

10. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +375
    I can understand your irritation Riff. But mentioning other posters... (even Blew), in the same context as matilack should be against the terms of engagement here. I was banned for much less. :D

11. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +76
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,380
    Amusing that you see me as a "know it all"....... because reading your posts, that's precisely how you come off. :D

To compare me to Matty is ridiculous. I don't fancy myself a football expert, never have. I have strong opinions, but that doesn't make me delusional enough to think I have a better grasp on things than any scout or GM who does player evaluation for a living. I've disagreed many times with him over players, and many times he's proven to be flat out wrong. Just last season, he was lambasting the Flucker pick, saying he was nothing but a guard, and a waste of a 1st round pick. We all know how that turned out. I no longer engage in any conversation with him..... it is pointless. Even when he's proven completely wrong, he'll never own up to it.

The reason Matty I don't get along is not because he has strong opposing opinions, it's because he's rude, boorish, and infantile.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  13. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046
    So your saying he was of totally lucid and rational mind when he and the Missus came up with those names, are you SandyBob ?? :eek:

Interesting notion !

14. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046
    I really wish you'd come out of your shell and say what's on your mind for a change !!!! :roflmao:

15. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +1,014
  16. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +408
  17. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046

Say Whaaaaaaa !!!! [​IMG] Hell Noe's, Little Johnny has again forgot to call me with this info ! :mad: My patience is wearing thin with this little snotty-nosed brat !!

Why the farg are we getting rid of big fat-arse boys at this time of year ????

He must have been breaking the meal allowance budget me thinky !!! :rolleyes:

18. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046

let me guess ..........................2007 PUMP ?

EDIT : God Pumpy, do I have to do everything around here ????

http://www.utsandiego.com/video/play/68505/

Wouldnt kill you to put the SDUT video in here, would it ?

I thought #510 was gonna give herself a "lower lip piercing" with that safety pin for a minute there ..... :eek:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  19. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046

Lovin' the Jiggly-bits on #310, my word, I'm surprised she can stand upright ..................... #410 doesn't look like she's lacking in that department either !!!

A couple there that need to be told to stop kidding themselves though ................ hey girl's, the world needs burger flippers in these equality filled times ................... dont be shy, Macca's and KFC don't discriminate.

20. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,380
    And not a drop of liquor in me......... time to change that oversight. ;)

21. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,380
    Well then...... we're doubly certain not to draft a NT now. ;)

22. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +408
    Well thanks for stepping up there Jacko..... The safety pin was indee the Highlight of the video!

That link was just what I needed in my post! :rolleyes: Nice that You got the "cut and paste" thing under control! :whistling:

23. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +408
    Anyone in the draft that can play NT,CB, & WR? :raiderssuck::chiefssuck::broncossuck:

24. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,014
    Chargers re-sign Rich Ohrnberger
    This just makes all kinds of sense to me. Let him try the open market, then get him at your price. TT continues to move up in my estimation.

I still want to take a center/guard project somewhere along the way to develop within the system. We shall see.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  25. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,380
    I like the fact that he tries to get into a BPA position draft- wise....... but the Jerideau release kinda botches that. ;)

26. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,014
    Am trying to avoid drawing too many conclusions from the decision to waive Jerideau - kind of guessing it had more to do with off-season conditioning/diet (lack thereof) after spending the year on IR. Hoping Kwame is paying attention. ;) There is always so dang much that only the coaches/trainers know about these guys and the rest of the backups while we are relative mushrooms - its just hard to tell who has progressed until training camp opens, (and even then its pretty hard to watch a guy you thought was doing REAL well get cut). I was sure impressed by WR Mike Willie... Thought he was a stand out last year and was impressed with how he fought for the ball - prime example of how little I know about skill position players. <sigh>:confused:

27. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,380
    I think it makes it more likely that we bring in another vet NT as a backup. There have to be a few old-timers still floatin' about. ;)

28. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +496
    Releasing Jerideau at this point before the draft does not make any immediate sense!

I think that TT is bluffing so that most draftniks would be convinced that the Chargers' FO is going make a play for a NT in the 1st round. But rather Jeridau's release is just a diversion so that some teams picking ahead of the Chargers jump for Nix leaving the player who the Chargers really wanted to hopefully fall to # 25 :sneaky:

29. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +408
    That's really deep Jack! :D

Sent from my Mobile Zin finder!

• Funny Funny x 1
  30. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046
    There'll be a couple no doubt ........Not that Little Johnny will notice. :laugh: