1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +1,017
    <tick, tick, tick> 8 days, 2 hours, 50 minutes for the draft to get started.. C'mon clock, cooperate here! :devilish::devilish::devilish:

2. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,398
    Talk to Roger........ he's the asswhipe who thought moving back the draft was a good idea. :rolleyes:

3. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,053
    Sorry, Dodgy is unavailable presently........

Seeing if he can find a suitable city for Donald Sterling to invest an NFL franchise in. :D

4. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +518
    Doesn't the smaller time window compel the agents and FOs to get their act together faster and sign up their draftees by the training camps or has all that been already resolved in the new labor/owners agreement? (not a rhetorical Q!)

5. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,053
    Heroin OD caused Peaches demise !!!!! :eek:

Well Golly Gee, didn't see that coming !!!! :whistling:

6. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,053
    Why the question mark if not rhetorical ?????

A man's confused enough without those brainteasers thank you very much !!!! :confused:

7. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +518
    Huh?! :confused:

8. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,053
    Sorry, my bad................... Jackie Boy didn't read that post correctly !!!! [​IMG]

9. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,053
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,398
    Nose tackle is big piece of Super Bowl puzzle
    By Tom Krasovic
    MAY 1, 2014

Louis Nix III plans to make his living as a nose tackle in the NFL.

Wish him luck.

A nose tackle occupies the center of a defensive line. Sacrificing for the greater good, he bears the brunt of the offense's foremost battering rams.

It's not rare for him to joust with two blockers who together weigh 600 pounds or more.

The Chargers seemingly could use another nose tackle to assist the two on their roster, and most NFL draft analysts say Nix, who manned the job for 34 games at Notre Dame, is the best one in his draft class and a potential first-round selection.

It's easy to see why. He is 6-foot-2, 331 pounds and broad of frame, and when he was in peak form two years ago, he outmaneuvered several blockers. Even against mighty Alabama, which smashed Notre Dame in the 2012 national title game, Nix held his own.

Defensive players are fond of a stout nose tackle, because he frees them up to chase running backs.

On pass plays, if a nose tackle can disrupt the quarterback, that’s a fat cherry on top of the sundae.

Someone so large seldom can move so fast and far. Get a special nose tackle for your "3-4" defense, and you'll go to the Super Bowl. That's the recent history.

Where do NFL teams find them?

If they find one at all – and many clubs either have to spackle the position or scheme up other options -- the first round of the draft seems the best place.

The last three Super Bowl winners that ran a 3-4 defense, which is the Chargers' main design, drafted a difference-making nose tackle in the first round.

The Packers’ Super Bowl season of 2010 coincided with the lone standout year to date from B.J. Raji, a nimble 6-2, 332-pounder from Boston College taken ninth in 2009. One of several fine seasons from Oregon alumnus Haloti Ngata, who is 6-4, 338 and brute-strong, assisted the ’12 Ravens. For the Steelers' three Super Bowl teams of the 2000, the line's anchor was Casey Hampton, a 6-1 320-pounder chosen 19th out of Texas.

And for the Patriots, who prefer a 3-4 scheme, it was a 2001 first-round draftee in Vince Wilfork (21st, Miami Hurricanes) who manned the position in their Super Bowl seasons of 2007 and 2011 that ended with losses to the Giants.

The aforementioned four nose tackles have all reached at least one Pro Bowl, with 16 appearances as a group.

Their average draft slot was 15th.

Wilfork, who in his prime chased down a few quarterbacks, is likely to receive votes for the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Among his admirers is Chargers linebacker Donald Butler.

In March when a since-resolved salary dispute threatened to make Wilfork a free agent, Butler took to Twitter, seemingly with adrenaline soaring. His Tweet: “I want #vincewilfork!!!”

Butler praised as well other Chargers defenders, including nose tackle Sean Lissemore, a 303-pounder who contributed to the team winning a playoff berth last year. The linebacker was merely implying the obvious, that a top-flight nose tackle would be a boon to any defense, including a team’s other nose tackles.

The question of Nix becoming a special NFL nose tackle would spark a fun debate. He started 11 games as a sophomore after sitting out his freshman year to get used to college rigors and improve his conditioning. As a junior, he looked like a potential NFL standout (his strong work coinciding with the career-best season of linebacker Manti Te’o, now Butler's sidekick at inside linebacker).

Nix was less effective in 2013. In September, he was heavier and slower. He was knocked to the ground more often. His hands remained quick, but it was an up and down season. Following his eight games, he had surgery to repair torn meniscus in his left knee.

Sleeker by February, Nix weighed 331 at the NFL Combine.

The Chargers have the 25th pick, followed by No. 57. The last nose tackle they drafted, Cam Thomas, was a fifth-round selection in 2010. To invest a first-round pick in Nix, the belief would be that his middle season of three was indicative of his NFL potential.

11. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,398
  12. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +518
    Oh Gawd! They must be thinking to draft a QB :laugh:

13. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,053
    I'm thinking he may announce his comeback and nominate himself as the pick !!!! (Little Johnny could do worse, as he has demonstrated consistently over the years) :laugh:

14. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +416
  15. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,053
    They need to find those farging sicko bastages and beat them to within of their miserable farging lives.............. then ram that baseball bat up their BobDole just for good measure. :mad:

Seriously though ........................ I'm pleading the Fid-th !!! :whistling:

16. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +1,017
    Boy Pumpy, talk about a thread-killer post! :D

That was Thursday, now its Saturday and everybody is still setting around with their mouths popped open at the mental image of Jacko the pervie! ;)

17. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +416
    ^^^ I had no idea I had such power! :D ^^^

Sent from my Mobile Zin finder!

18. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +76
    L.A is close to having a new stadium and they already love him so much there...

19. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +76
  20. Mister E. Mann

Mister E. Mann ShiteTalker

Ratings:
    +52
    Donations from the sperm bank, no doubt :barefoot:

I still have my doubts of Jacky being able to keep it in his pants if there was some "pussy" within his striking distance (aka 3 inches) that was slow on providing consent...

• Funny Funny x 1
  21. Mister E. Mann

Mister E. Mann ShiteTalker

Ratings:
    +52
    A sure sign that we trade away our 2nd round pick.

That'll teach him for becoming a Donk :devilish:

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,053
    Trust me .................................. you don't, now back to Christian Mingle and I expect a monthly report on my desk by morning.

I suppose I should be thankful for this back-handed compliment, it is afterall, as close as I'm ever going to come to seeing a positive response towards my love for neighbourhood pussy felines.

Hey, it was quite nippy that day in Washington thank you very much, but I'll have you know that in warmer climates such as San Diego I have been known to stretch out to 83 cm on a hot & humid day. ;) (i'll leave you to do the converting, that should fill in your morning at least !!!)

23. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,183
    For Blewy
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  24. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +518
    To be fair to Gooey, he's at least 83 & 3/4 CM ;)

25. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,053
    Oh my, did I say "centimeters" !!! :eek:

That should have read "millimeters" ........ Not even John Holmes could brag to that extent.

But yes, Gooey would "top out" at 83.75 cm I do believe Poofessoria !!! :tup:

26. X FACTOR

X FACTOR In for Life.........

Ratings:
    +186
    My first corporate review tomorrow, followed by some much need paid time off......I'm killin' em I tell ya.

27. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,398
  28. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,398
  29. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +518
    He is pretty and shim is very handsome ;)

30. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +518