1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Poofessoria !!!!! .......yes it is, don't be telling Stiffy that, if he explodes, you'll never forgive yourself.

Stiffy ......... Go and let rip and exit that Jimmy Brick :poop: quick smart, just because we didn't draft your ND boy is no need to end it all ...... Is he still available by the way ????.......maybe we'll get him in the 5th or 6th round ( where he probably belongs .....;))

2. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +631
    Jack, I don't think that the previous, "oh, let's wait and see what happens" attitude is any longer a tolerated culture of this FO. Evidence has shown that this regime expects quality production from its high draft rookies.

3. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    I seriously doubt the last regime had that attitude either Poofessoria, it was just the rout they took once they realized they'd drafted dud's, held onto guys to long, signed players to guarantees that were ridiculous etc etc, so they needed to appease the masses with a little bullshite propaganda.

I doubt to many GM's feel they have the luxury of blowing to many drafts...................... well not if they plan on being NFL Gm's for long.

Trouble with a guy like AJ was, he had the Spanos' fooled into believing "his way" was the proper route ...............many of us doubted that years ago and were proven right in the end, albeit, far to late.

That's why I find it very hard to get overly exited about the Chargers immediate future these days...................... it become very clear to me around 2008/09 when the whole Merrimen/LT situations arose, that they as owners, truely are farging clueless, they let AJ bully them into letting him have the final say on all football matters and he totally screwed the pooch on all levels.

Ofcourse, I hope the players can prove me wrong, but I wont hold my breath. ;)

4. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Now that's some quality work BLEW !!!!

'Bout time Wendy got equal billing..........

5. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Say whaaaaaaaa ....... :eek:

So he's a shoo-in for TPL captain if we draft him ????

and a short prived favorite for the .............

[​IMG]

Stiffy, I believe you have the "Post's of the Day" in the bag ....................you're on a roll today my friend !!!! :tup:

6. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Oh damn !!!!! ................:eek:, turned out to be a spot on prediction BLEW !!!!

Absolutely his height should be a concern, if you blow that off as a non-issue, you're kidding yourself.

There's no way in a snowballs chance in hell, this kid beats the likes of acrobatic, spring-heeled types like Fitzgerald, Megatron, Bryant, Thomas etc etc ............. 5' 9" is tiny small in todays NFL game.

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  7. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +102
    Well maybe we can get a FA NT from the lollipop guild to match our new CB.

8. X FACTOR

X FACTOR In for Life.........

Ratings:
    +186
  9. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +631
    More than Verrett's height, I'm actually concerned about his weight of under 180 lb. As a safety, Sanders was shorter than Verrett but he was a "built" and compact tackling machine at around 205 lb.

I do understand that Verrett possesses a very special cat-like quickness and nimbleness which endears him to so many (myself included) but also as someone who evidently does not shy away from tackling (unlike the larger specimens pootahs like sacredCro and Cason) I still worry that in this next level of NFL, Verrett does not possess enough strength to match up well against WRs, TEs and RBs who he easily outweigh him by anywhere from 20 lb. to 80 lb.

Verrett can for most parts compensate for his height handicap with his acceleration, quickness, speed, short turning radius and vertical jumping ability, but when it comes to tackling against a much more massive (as in heavy) opponent, it is simple physics really:

Force = Mass x Acceleration and Newton's 3rd law which tells us for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Applying these two principles, I fear for his health and longevity knowing that as a tenacious tackler he will inevitably have his body abused at the point of attack.

10. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,499
    Get him in the weight room.......stat.

11. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +631
    I get that, but what will he lose when he gains that extra 10 lb. or so? His quoted weight of 180 lb. soaking and dripping wet is just ridiculous! Gooey is 5 feet naught and he weighs that much :roflmao:

12. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +631
    OK, from the General as someone else highlighted:

Verrett's combine stats:

5'9" and 189 lb. I now feel better that he's not 177 lb. as shown on Google.

13. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,499
    Seems more reasonable....... but he is injury prone, so hitting like Jammer would not be advisable.

14. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Well, no help for the trenches on day one - hopefully I'll feel better about my personal obsession after today...
    Have said it elsewhere, TT came into this team saying we had to "get faster on the outside on both sides of the ball" - and it sure looks like he is sticking with that based on this pick - I will hold further complaints until I see this pick's name on the IR list... He will be entertaining as all get out until that happens.

Now *very* much looking forward to rounds 2 & 3. <sigh>

15. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +631
    Fify ;)

16. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,499
    Don't forget, we have Steve Williams coming back, so we now have two smallish speed CBs with a propensity for getting hurt. ;)

17. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +631
    We'll have a set of Yellow Jacket vespinae in our secondary stinging them giraffes :D

18. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Until that happens, our dime package is going to be danged entertaining. Open a skinny little hole on one side or the other and watch those quick twitch types go after the QB... I look forward to that part - but over this last few years have gotten damn tired of reading injury reports. <sigh>

19. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +631
    I'd hate to trade up in the 2nd to move up to get that OLB or NT who we need at the expense of losing our 4th rounder, but it may just shape up that way if the FO is excited about Van Noy or Nix. Apparently neither one was worth a 1st rounder by general concensus!

20. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,028
    He (TT) kinda set that tone with Manti T'eo didn't he..? When he did so, I thought to myself that it was a mistake - but as time has gone on am sure pleased with what he accomplished in the draft last year. I was a lot unhappier after the draft last year than I cared to admit in here - but then looked at what was available and the only thing still kinda nagging me was passing on Star... It all worked out to the team's advantage though, according to most opinions I have read. I was still grinding my teeth about Star until our OLT went down and the rook shifted from right to left and kept on doing one hell of a job at Tackle..... Yet another example of why I should stay in my armchair and respect the folks that make picks for a living I guess. :confused: (But its all part of being a fan).

Here is hoping a year on our San Diego sunshine hasn't killed too many of TT's brain cells and he can give us a repeat performance no matter how it comes about. :tup:

21. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +631
    If they think that MF80 or Vincent Brown is further along the progress curve, they may burn that 4th pick to move up to get the OLB and then use the 3rd, 5th and the lower rounds on your beloved fat boys and just chose the BPA either for the D or the O trenches ;)

22. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,499
    What are you saying?......... you can't teach speed, but you can teach fat? ;)

23. JAMMER

JAMMER BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +168
    TCU kids got à attitude i love!

24. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,028
    So, we moved up 7 spots and gave up our 4th round pick - but TT got his edge rusher...

25. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,499
    Don't dislike the pick, but giving up a 4th is kinda steep price to pay. Maybe, that's Tommy's way of managing the limited cap space. ;)

26. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +631
    I saw this coming but was thinking Kyle Van Noy instead. Kind of bummed out because we could have picked up a very serviceable player in the 4th round in this draft. The silver lining though is Bye Bye Larry the Friggin Lemon!

27. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,499
    What about Thomas "Sissy Punch" Kaiser? ;)

28. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +631
    Strangely enough, I take him over Larry the Lemon because the sooner we purge AJ's duds the better, but that's just me ;)

29. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Got a feeling my fatboy is coming in this 3rd round...
    Gotta be a Defensive Tackle in my not so humble opinion... That or a Guard.

30. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +631
    Stiffy on suicide watch yet? No takers for Nix yet in the 3rd and if he's still there and the Charger's pass at 89, stiffy will probably implode ;)

Last edited: May 9, 2014