1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Fred's probably getting more arse than a few of us in here................ thats how sad our lives have become !!! :(

2. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,703
    What a trip, I grew up on Mimosa Blitzy, albeit at the other end of the street.

Aviara Oaks was my elementary school, my handprints are in the concrete there from the year they opened and I work from a home on the corner of Aviara Pkwy and Poinsettia. That sucker came way too close for comfort. I hope they string up the ****** that started it. Can't say enough about the work the fire fighters have done... Amazing more wasn't lost. They were incredible!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

3. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    OK, question time peeps.............

Deev's car finally shat itself for good ....................couldn't be worse timing ofcourse.

Doesn't want to spend big money on something she'll only need for a short time.

Anyone have any contacts in the used car business (or other suggestions), she doesn't need anything fancy, just something reliable to get her around for the next 6-9 months till she moves down here.

Appreciate any idea's someone may have..... :tup:

4. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089

Small world Syd ............................ glad to hear things are looking better for you.

5. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +633
    I lived on Mimosa Dr. (the other side of yours) from 1997 to 2001. From your most recent photos posted on here, I'd guess (at the expense of being impolite) that you are in your late 20's, so it is not too far fetched to think that you were a student at that Aviara Oaks Elementary around when my own Son (now 26) was attending there! A very small World indeed ;)

6. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +633
    An indication of her budget would be a good place to start things, if you want some suggestions!

7. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +421
    That sucks mate.... craigslist is one suggestion... The key word is reliable, You just never know!

Here is a car for $2500
    http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/4465781557.html

Budget has Monthly and Long-Term Car Rentals
    http://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/html/en/deals/monthly.html
    In Summary: Long term car rentals mean bigger savings. For rentals of 30 days to 11 months, Budget By The Month offers tremendous value. The longer you rent, the more you save!

8. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Geiman Motors in Escondido, Tom and Nancy Geiman own/run it. Good, trustworthy folks. Friends of my parents and I've bought 2 cars from them personally.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Hmm, I may have just missed him. I'll be 32 this summer so late 20's is a nice compliment. My brother might have known him tho :)

10. X FACTOR

X FACTOR In for Life.........

Ratings:
    +186
    So I'm at work two days ago and a meth head comes in and assaults a female customer,for almost hitting him in the parking lot, putting her in a head head lock and throwing her down. A co-worker and myself have to restrain him and he was having none of that. Co-worker jumps on him first, head locking him while I get him from the back by his belt and leg and take the crack head to the ground. It took both of us to keep him down. I got lucky, just a few sore muscles, co- worker walked away with 2 hits to the head by a metal hook hand, and a ******* nasty bite to his hand, 5 cops showed up. Good stuff.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    That I'm not 100% sure about Poofessoria, but Ive asked Deev to post in here with some answers ......

Thanks guys, I've passed along these messages to Deev ......:tup:

12. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Do you get extra danger pay for being security as well as Produce Manager ?

I'd be asking for tasers as well as hair nets from here on out Mate !!! :tup:

13. X FACTOR

Ratings:
    +186
    Catch up sir.... I got promoted to Store Director with corp. 2 months ago........:).

14. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,505
    Floyd will play this year.......... that is all. ;)

15. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,232
    Do we start a pool now as to how many games he will make it through prior to going back on IR? ;)

16. X FACTOR

Ratings:
    +186
    Sweetness.

17. X FACTOR

Ratings:
    +186
    Sorry but have always liked the guy.

18. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,505
    6 is usually a safe number. ;)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +421
    Good old retail!

Be careful X-man!

Sent from my Mobile Zin finder!

20. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +421
    It's Jack-o he's still months away from getting it!

Sent from my Mobile Zin finder!

21. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,505
    Woman named Peyton Manning arrested on drug charges in Tennessee
    Frank Schwab at Shutdown Corner

[​IMG]

Since Peyton Manning burst onto the scene as a star athlete, there are many people who named their children after the Broncos quarterback. Sports Illustrated pointed that out in its Sportsman of the Year piece on Manning last year.

It doesn't always turn out that well.

In Nashville, an 18-year-old woman named Peyton Manning was arrested in a drug bust on Sunday, according to WKRN-TV. So was Kenneth Sowards, the station said, but that didn't draw any headlines because there are no "Kenneth Sowards" among the top 5 most famous athletes in North America. This Peyton Manning, the 18-year old who was arrested in the drug bust, happened to share the name with the NFL's only five-time MVP.

The woman's name probably isn't coincidental, considering she was in Nashville and about 18 years ago Manning was entering his junior season with the Tennessee Volunteers.

According to WRKN-TV (with a h/t to Yardbarker for the story), Manning and Sowards were pulled over and police noticed the smell of marijuana from the car. WKRN said according to an affidavit, two plastic baggies were found with a white powdery substance inside, and that substance field tested positive as cocaine. Police then found 44 grams of marijuana, a digital scale and a pill crusher, the story said. Since the incident happened with 1,000 feet of a church, both Manning and Sowards have felony charges for possessing drugs in a drug-free zone, too.

It also came with a lot more attention than usual because of her recognizable name.

22. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Isn't a Charger fan happier than I to hear that news .......

BUT !!!!!

I agree with Conc here, I'll temper my enthusiasm until the "real games" get under way and see what he is able to contribute, that's no orthodox injury he's dealing after all.

Fingers crossed he still has "it", if so that's a hugeeeeeeeee bonus for this team.

23. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089

Now how the farg did that get by me ?????????? :confused:

Hold up, that's even worse then !!!! ......... Store directors should have other lackeys under them to deal with that type of grunt work my Man. ;)

Maybe a Corkholster and Shottie on the hip would be a better look than a taser ????? :D

24. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Don't be sorry Bro, I've always felt the same way - can't deny the number of injuries/games missed over his career - but with each one he was trying to help the team win... Bet he is still a deep threat and will look forward to seeing him go opposite Allen. :tup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. ChargerDiva

ChargerDiva BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +13
    Hello everyone!

Thanks for the car feedback. How is everyone?! My ole Taurus is more used up than Jack I'm afraid. If I were staying in the States I'd go and buy the car I really want. But alas I only need something reliable through the next 9 months or so before I move. I'm keeping my budget low. Don't want to shell out more than $4000. Much prefer to keep it low as possible. Anyways. Thanks again for the feedback. Much obliged!!!

• Like Like x 1
  26. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +633
    Heya Deev, hard to imagine anything being more antiquated than Jack; but if your Taurus is a mid to late 90's model, then I'd have to reluctantly concede to you on that statement ;)

It's hard to find a reliable car for a few grand, unless you are either in the (car) business or know someone who knows the car business and is prepared to buy a car for you which matches your criteria and is also willing to turn it to you for a modest and fair profit.

In this time of the year with high schools going into their Summer recess, the market for reliable and inexpensive used cars just heats up. Most folks are looking for used Nissans, Hondas and Toyotas, so those brands fetch a higher premium. I suggest that you look at Craig's List religiously, but proceed with caution. Most private party "deals" on CL and specially those proverbial "one elderly lady owner from Pasadena" cars which show up on CL are long gone and snapped up by tenacious car wholesalers, by the time Jackaroo is barely 10 minutes into Face-Timing with you ;)

27. ChargerDiva

ChargerDiva BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +13
    Hi Blitzy!

Yeah, I know it'll be tough to get a deal. Its just not feasible to pay a bunch for a car I'll use for 9 months. Argh, not what I need right now.... thanks again!

28. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089

Who the hell is this ?????????????? [​IMG] [​IMG]

29. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +633
    Didn't mean to discourage you ;)

Let's see if we can find you a Mom and Pop kinda dealer who can sell you a decent and reliable vehicle, for a fair and modest profit for them, which in turn you can turn around and sell to get most of your investment back in 9 months or so when you leave to settle in Oz :)

30. JAMMER

JAMMER BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +168
    Jack is like an old reliable Jetta TDI :)