1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +1,014
    That heavy marine layer this morning was a kind of mixed blessing. Sure feels a lot closer to "normal" though eh? WELCOME BACK MAY GRAY! :tup:

OBTW, prescription "Nasarel" (Bausch & Lomb Flunisolide finally released as a generic), works wonders for me. Your mileage may vary - but its kept me going for years. ;)

2. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,014
    Just got a cell message from SDEmergency - "All Fire Evacuations Lifted".

Life is good.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +496
    Only having some innocent fun at the expense of the Maestro Blew Balls, because he seemingly decided to mentally castrate himself a whole decade before I did the very same thing to myself too :D

4. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +496
  5. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +496
    Oh good, but who's gonna tell all the displaced local critters such as Mountain Lions, Coyotes and the Rattlers not to rush coming back, just in case ;)

6. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,014
    Down here there is a family of raccoons that continue to prove they are the "ultimate foragers". :D Coyotes were a bit of a problem in March & April but not so much in May. Don't think they like the heat either - but the rattlers sure love it. <sigh>

I always try to remember their ancestors were out here in East County a long time before I came here.

7. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,046
    Are they all over at the "Ex's" joint too ? :D

Glad to hear the situation is easing mate.

8. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046
    Fred's probably getting more arse than a few of us in here................ thats how sad our lives have become !!! :(

9. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,683
    What a trip, I grew up on Mimosa Blitzy, albeit at the other end of the street.

Aviara Oaks was my elementary school, my handprints are in the concrete there from the year they opened and I work from a home on the corner of Aviara Pkwy and Poinsettia. That sucker came way too close for comfort. I hope they string up the ****** that started it. Can't say enough about the work the fire fighters have done... Amazing more wasn't lost. They were incredible!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

10. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046
    OK, question time peeps.............

Deev's car finally shat itself for good ....................couldn't be worse timing ofcourse.

Doesn't want to spend big money on something she'll only need for a short time.

Anyone have any contacts in the used car business (or other suggestions), she doesn't need anything fancy, just something reliable to get her around for the next 6-9 months till she moves down here.

Appreciate any idea's someone may have..... :tup:

11. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046

Small world Syd ............................ glad to hear things are looking better for you.

12. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +496
    I lived on Mimosa Dr. (the other side of yours) from 1997 to 2001. From your most recent photos posted on here, I'd guess (at the expense of being impolite) that you are in your late 20's, so it is not too far fetched to think that you were a student at that Aviara Oaks Elementary around when my own Son (now 26) was attending there! A very small World indeed ;)

13. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +496
    An indication of her budget would be a good place to start things, if you want some suggestions!

14. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +408
    That sucks mate.... craigslist is one suggestion... The key word is reliable, You just never know!

Here is a car for $2500
    http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/4465781557.html

Budget has Monthly and Long-Term Car Rentals
    http://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/html/en/deals/monthly.html
    In Summary: Long term car rentals mean bigger savings. For rentals of 30 days to 11 months, Budget By The Month offers tremendous value. The longer you rent, the more you save!

15. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,683
    Geiman Motors in Escondido, Tom and Nancy Geiman own/run it. Good, trustworthy folks. Friends of my parents and I've bought 2 cars from them personally.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,683
    Hmm, I may have just missed him. I'll be 32 this summer so late 20's is a nice compliment. My brother might have known him tho :)

17. X FACTOR

X FACTOR In for Life.........

Ratings:
    +185
    So I'm at work two days ago and a meth head comes in and assaults a female customer,for almost hitting him in the parking lot, putting her in a head head lock and throwing her down. A co-worker and myself have to restrain him and he was having none of that. Co-worker jumps on him first, head locking him while I get him from the back by his belt and leg and take the crack head to the ground. It took both of us to keep him down. I got lucky, just a few sore muscles, co- worker walked away with 2 hits to the head by a metal hook hand, and a ******* nasty bite to his hand, 5 cops showed up. Good stuff.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046
    That I'm not 100% sure about Poofessoria, but Ive asked Deev to post in here with some answers ......

Thanks guys, I've passed along these messages to Deev ......:tup:

19. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046
    Do you get extra danger pay for being security as well as Produce Manager ?

I'd be asking for tasers as well as hair nets from here on out Mate !!! :tup:

20. X FACTOR

Ratings:
    +185
    Catch up sir.... I got promoted to Store Director with corp. 2 months ago........:).

21. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,380
    Floyd will play this year.......... that is all. ;)

22. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,173
    Do we start a pool now as to how many games he will make it through prior to going back on IR? ;)

23. X FACTOR

Ratings:
    +185
    Sweetness.

24. X FACTOR

Ratings:
    +185
    Sorry but have always liked the guy.

25. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,380
    6 is usually a safe number. ;)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  26. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +408
    Good old retail!

Be careful X-man!

Sent from my Mobile Zin finder!

27. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +408
    It's Jack-o he's still months away from getting it!

Sent from my Mobile Zin finder!

28. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,380
    Woman named Peyton Manning arrested on drug charges in Tennessee
    Frank Schwab at Shutdown Corner

[​IMG]

Since Peyton Manning burst onto the scene as a star athlete, there are many people who named their children after the Broncos quarterback. Sports Illustrated pointed that out in its Sportsman of the Year piece on Manning last year.

It doesn't always turn out that well.

In Nashville, an 18-year-old woman named Peyton Manning was arrested in a drug bust on Sunday, according to WKRN-TV. So was Kenneth Sowards, the station said, but that didn't draw any headlines because there are no "Kenneth Sowards" among the top 5 most famous athletes in North America. This Peyton Manning, the 18-year old who was arrested in the drug bust, happened to share the name with the NFL's only five-time MVP.

The woman's name probably isn't coincidental, considering she was in Nashville and about 18 years ago Manning was entering his junior season with the Tennessee Volunteers.

According to WRKN-TV (with a h/t to Yardbarker for the story), Manning and Sowards were pulled over and police noticed the smell of marijuana from the car. WKRN said according to an affidavit, two plastic baggies were found with a white powdery substance inside, and that substance field tested positive as cocaine. Police then found 44 grams of marijuana, a digital scale and a pill crusher, the story said. Since the incident happened with 1,000 feet of a church, both Manning and Sowards have felony charges for possessing drugs in a drug-free zone, too.

It also came with a lot more attention than usual because of her recognizable name.

29. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046
    Isn't a Charger fan happier than I to hear that news .......

BUT !!!!!

I agree with Conc here, I'll temper my enthusiasm until the "real games" get under way and see what he is able to contribute, that's no orthodox injury he's dealing after all.

Fingers crossed he still has "it", if so that's a hugeeeeeeeee bonus for this team.

30. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046

Now how the farg did that get by me ?????????? :confused:

Hold up, that's even worse then !!!! ......... Store directors should have other lackeys under them to deal with that type of grunt work my Man. ;)

Maybe a Corkholster and Shottie on the hip would be a better look than a taser ????? :D