1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Wasn't it 5 Mill. a season ??

2. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    The City ?????? :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,243

4. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,524
    The franchise, or the player?. Lets see....... Whitney's dead, and Allen retired a long time ago. Who were we talking about? ;)

5. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,243
  6. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,524
  7. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    OK, well whatever his price, NO CB is worth that kind of moolah, wasn't it only a few years back all we heard about was "Revis Island" this and that ...................now look at the guy, sending teams over the cap for one year contracts and hasn't improved their position at all.................the guy is nothing but a football mercenary, selling out to the highest bidder and couldn't care less about winning or losing, as long as the paychecks roll in every month, he's happy to play with any jersey on his back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
  9. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,243
    Not saying we are.

10. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,524
    Liuget ready to shoulder a bigger load
    By Tom Krasovic
    JUNE 23, 2014

Corey Liuget is thrilled with his iron-rich diet.

The defensive end said he's stronger than at any point last season because offseason shoulder surgery is allowing him to lift weights. He is hoisting up to 315 pounds, or the weight of an offensive lineman.

"Being able to get under the bench, it's helping me now," he said last week. "I see the difference in actually pumping weights and everything."

Liuget played all 18 games despite torn shoulder cartilage, the labrum.

Barring injury, expect him to be more powerful this year. He plans to be faster too by playing 11 pounds lighter, at 290.

"When I drop (weight), I actually have a little more strength," he said. "I have more might."

He weighed 304 coming out of last week's mini camp, yet outpaced the other linemen in gassers after the final practice.

When Liuget damaged the shoulder last August, in the second preseason game, teammate Jarret Johnson had a sense of the difficulties ahead. "I had the same injury in 2009 in training camp," he said. "It's tough because you lose strength."

Johnson damaged also his shoulder joint in training camp '09. He said he nonetheless performed very well, until wearing down late in the season.

Liuget wasn't satisfied with his '13 season, grading it a C+ or B- last December.

Despite the strength loss, he stayed in the lineup and made plays -- splitting two Broncos linemen and pressuring Peyton Manning into an interception, in the Game 14 upset at Denver; and creating push in the playoff victory at Cincinati. He placed 10th on the "U-T 22" list of Chargers contributors.

"A lot of guys have a lot of injuries," Johnson said. "Some of them are nicks, some of them are severe. You really don’t know. But we all know how tough Corey is and how hard he plays.

"He could be one of the best in this league."

11. X FACTOR

X FACTOR In for Life.........

Ratings:
    +186
    Got it pumpkin and ty.

12. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Has Flowers signed yet ???????????? :D

13. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +426
    He's waiting for your endorsement!

Sent from my Mobile Zin finder!

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,524
    The latest is it's the middle of the week when his decision will come. You still have a couple days. ;)

15. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    He'd better find a hobby to fill in his spare time then, unless he's willing to take a major pay cut, mate !!!!! ;)

16. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Get me a number BLEW, I'll talk some sense into him ...... :D

17. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,524
  18. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    That'll work ........................ I'll get on it right away !!!! ..... [​IMG]

19. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +653
  20. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +653
    Jack, it has been done ;)

Now you can start biatching about Flowers! As much I was advocating for Clary (reverse psychology in full-force) it now seems that he is either going to be dispensable or re-negotiated.

21. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,524
    I see no reason not to renegotiate regardless. He's making more than he's truly worth, despite his value to the team (which is greater than the fans).

22. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +426
    Good job! Jacko!!!

Sent from my Mobile Zin finder!

23. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Was there ever a doubt ??????

See, all it needed was a quick chat, man to man and the deal is done. :tup: ;)

24. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    I knew that as soon as I got off Twitter with him Slo-mo. :D

Why would I Biatch about him signing ????

Did I Biatch about us signing Bob Sanders ????? ....... Did I not endorse the Freeney signing ?????

No I didn't, was all for them in fact, the FO finally seen the light in signing "proven" talent at this level and that's what this franchise lacked for years.....

Now ofcourse the Sanders signing turned out anything but fruitful, but we all knew the chance we were taking on the guy due to his injury history, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Same with Freeney, let's hope this year we have a little better luck and he still has something in the tank, he's a huge proven talent and can make a considerable difference to our mediocre pass rush if we can see him even get to 75% fit! still better than what we have gone for in FA in the past.

25. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Sure, pay the guy his due worth if we have room (ham sandwich and a diet coke), not a problem here, every team needs a "backup". :D

26. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Guy needs to be locked up and fitted for a Hannibal Lechter mask....... Fair dinkum fargin' Darwin of the highest degree.

watch FIFA ignore it ...... Like they are going to suspend one of the peeps that attracts fans through the gate !!!!

please, Seth will probably award him a medal more likely.

I heard the Greek penalty was a joke also ????

Watched a bit of the Italian game before leaving .......... Seriously, that Balotelli fool is a disgrace to mankind, he makes ScareCro look like SPARTACUS............. What a Pooftah, no doubt he squats for a piss !!!!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
    • Funny Funny x 1
  27. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,524
    The British courts let the Red Witch walk free, so why should FIFA be any different? ;)

28. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    He did get 10 weeks suspension for biting last year in England ....... Should have been 10 years, fargin' lowlife.

29. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Well, the latest is FIFA (Seth BlahBlah must be off having a siesta and someone of worth in that organization has taken it upon themselves to take this on !!!) are "officially investigating Mr ED Suarez" and his chomping fetish ..............now lets see just how "serious" they are about putting an end to this clowns career and hijinks.

p.s.............OK, the more I see that set of Bucky Beavers, I think I get it now.................. those bad boys are so pronounced I think they have a brain of their own..............that's the defense I'd be going with anyway !!! [​IMG]

If you need anymore proof that bucky's are the reason for his insanity plea .............

Defense .....Exhibit A !!!!

[​IMG]

I REST MY CASE Your Honour !!!!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  30. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +426