1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +102
    If we could even get through preseason (the whole season would be too much to ask for) with just half the injuries we've had in forever, I don't think I'd know whether to :poop: or go blind!

2. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Stingy in praise who are undeserving you mean ?.................absolutely.

Have never understood all the "love" afforded so called good players, who's greatest claim to fame has been underachievement, of which the Chargers have had plenty of over the years.

There's been plenty in here guilty of that, yet they'll only ever admit to it once it becomes obvious and acceptable by a 99% majority rule. :rolleyes:

Same thing with AJ and Norf ...................even after 3 underperforming years, the majority were still saying Norf could coach and AJ was a God, but it took 3 more years of buffoonery and excuses for Simpleton Spanos to finally realized they were dud's and that he game had passed them by.

Praise dud's all you want, wont ever turn them into players who are difference makers. ;)

3. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +102
    He died. Choked on a Super Bowl chili special at some diner.

4. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Seems injuries are far more prevalent these days for whatever reason (that's an argument for another day though), every club has to deal with them though, but we seem to have players that just can't stay fit for whatever reason.

I think last year was an improvement over previous years though, less soft tissue injuries for memory, let's hope that trend continues.

5. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    PUMPY will have to finally remove his Bighead poster now ........................ NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

6. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +102
    A 17 year old kid didn't appreciate Tony Stewart racing him hard, then gets killed trying to get in Tony's face- while Tony was still behind the wheel of a moving sprint car. Absolutely tragic.

7. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Why the hell are you up at this time on a Sat morn by he way ???

8. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089

WHAT THE FARK ?????????????

Is this serious ?

When did this happen ?

Has he been charged with anything ?

OK, gotta go check this out ...........

9. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +102
    I work nights. Had to work last night, gonna hit the sack in a few.

10. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +102
    The kid is dead, so I'd say it's dead serious.

Last night.

Nope.

You do that.

11. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Ohhh, so your just getting home ................ how's work going by the way ?

Man, what the frick was that kid thinking ?.................looks from that video like Steward never even seen him until it was to late (decked out in a Black suit wouldnt have helped) .................what a ridiculous move on his behalf, has paid the ultimate price for it.

12. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +102
    You mean after getting rid of a drunken quack of a doctor who handed out vicodin like humanitarian rice to Ethiopians, we had LESS injuries? Coinkadink???:speechless:

Oh, BTW, apparently the CA attorney general is also looking into why Chow's good drinking buddy Junior Seau had a prescription sedative in his system during autopsy.

13. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Mate, in this world of computers, photoshop and fakeness, one has to be a little weary at times......................half the crap out there these days is totally phony, ye ypu'd be amazed at hwmany idiots actually believe its authentic. :rolleyes:

14. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    I couldn't be bothered even mentioning his name ............... and I called into question HIS character back when Steroidman first hit the headlines ...............................but ofcourse nobody wanted to hear that either at the time. :whistling:

Oh yeah, I'd read about that quite awhile ago ................ it's NO coincidence, trust me, Chow Chow is guilty of being the lowest lifeform on this planet, of that I have no doubt.

15. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +102
    Up to 12 hours a day, 5-7 days a week. It sucks, but it pays the bills. Now if I can just stop having to get vehicles fixed every other week, I could actually get my head above water. Mini van blew a motor, bought a 79 Jeep Wagoneer. TEN MPG. Then the tranny goes. Found a good old Mazda truck cheap, guy couldn't get the brakes right on it. Took it straight to a shop, $150 and a master cylinder later, I now have a reliable (knock on wood), 25 MPG vehicle. Still need to fix the Jeep, because when these back country roads freeze over, that truck will end up in a ditch.

As for the kid, tragic. I hate it for the parents. Tony Stewart as well. He didn't do anything wrong, but being a big name, his reputation is farged.

16. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Ive just read a few different reports, some are saying it seems he accelerated and fishtailed, thus hitting the kid with the back tire.............. be interesting to see the outcome of his one.

Wont help his cause that he's a known hothead, I can see lawsuits galore coming out of this at the very least.

Bottom line though...................... kid should NEVER have been where he was to begin with.

A '79 Jeep !!!! :eek: ...................holy rustbucket, I can't believe something 35 years old is still in one piece, let alone drivable....................so you really expected the transmission had much left ???? ;)

17. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +102
    Right now, my lowest life form award goes to Jesse Ventura. You just don't sue the widow of a hero, regardless of whether you got knocked the farg out or not.

18. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +102
    Don't knock my baby! (you may dislodge about 10 pounds of rust:confused:) I got plans for it. It's gonna be my play toy, as well as my get me to civilization when the snow/ice hits vehicle. I got it for the price of scrap and drove it 7 months without a hiccup. I put a few grand into this and it will last me a helluva lot longer than one of these newer, overpriced disposable cars. Plus, when I start it up, it sounds like the opening drum solo to Hot For Teacher. Always a plus!:tup:

19. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089

hahahahahahaha, good to see that Ol' Hillbilly spirit is alive and kicking !!! :tup:

20. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    I did read that story ......................... whole thing sounds a little suss from both sides (nothing new there)

But yeah, I can understand how most would be siding with the woman.

No ex pollie is every going to win a popularity contest, regardless of the facts.

21. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +102
    Wait til I forego a paint job and slap on a Realtree wrap instead:abq2:

22. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +102
    Speaking of hillbillies, here's some Finnish ones

23. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    I'm surprised Kentucky hasn't kidnapped those good ol' boys and acclaimed them a state treasure.

24. X FACTOR

X FACTOR In for Life.........

Ratings:
    +186
    Morning all, and happy day off to myself.

25. Okie

Okie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +102
    SHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

If you actually get a day off, you're not supposed to mention it, lest your employer hears about the mistake!:rolleyes:

26. X FACTOR

X FACTOR In for Life.........

Ratings:
    +186
    Don't worry, after Monday, I work 6 11 shifts in a row......and each one is a close /open turn around.

27. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Good Golf tourney going on at the moment .......

Couple of SoCal boys going head to head, top stuff.

28. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Pumpy want's to hear them squeal like a pig. :geek::cautious:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
    • Funny Funny x 1
  29. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Lefty lost by one damn stroke - again. :(