1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Happy 50th Bursdey, Okie Dokie Pokie !!!!

Well, it should be about the 50th I believe :D

Have a good day mate. :tup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +418

3. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    I don't know who was saying it either - but have to agree with them, our Front 7 looked pretty much like :poop::poop::poop: with rare exception. After Lissemore was taken out by an illegal hit on his ankle, I got the opportunity to see Geather and Carrethers do a lot of work. IMHO, the rook is going to take a few years, just like Jamal did, before he should be asked to come into his own - in the mean time, watch MM kind of "squirm" with his nonverbals when asked about the rook fatboy in yesterday's presser- it says volumes.

Yeah, we can say the LBs played like crap - but it still starts up front - especially at Nose - before they can do their job. When your nose gets turned sideways, he gets rooted out every time. Listen to MM talk about "playing square" up there.

I wanted immediate help THIS year from the draft for our defensive trenches and didn't get it - but still believe TT may bring in a released vet after the final cuts from another team. Look at the teams who did spend 1st and 2nd rounders on their DTs, and watch who they release as a result getting down to THEIR final 53.

4. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +611
    The guy some of us (including yours truly, but not as ridiculously as Jammer, aka Stiffy) were high on was Luis Nix III who just kept falling in the draft and eventually ended up with the Texans where he's now on their PUP list! We could've bolstered the position some more by taking extra DTs in the later rounds like 6 and 7 when we took a RB and a very wispy WR, but then again, thats all in 20-20 hindsight... The best that we can hope for is that the O starts off strong and that the D gels ASAP. The first 2 games could be very rough and we could be in a 0-2 hole before we barely blink outta gates :(

5. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,481
    Right now, our best defense is a good offense....... just keep those guys off the field. :D

6. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +418
    That sounds like the game plan we used against Denver last year....

:broncossuck:

7. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,481
    It worked when Mathews was healthy, but didn't when he was hurt.

8. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,028
    I wanted someone disruptive for the D-line:
    [​IMG]

Instead this is what I got:
    [​IMG]

Sniff!

9. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +611
    Who did you have in your crosshairs? Was there someone to your liking whom you would liked TT to trade up for? Not being facetious, just scratching my head as none comes to my mind unless we wanted to mortgage the future to move up the draft to that rarefied atmosphere of < 10 and I can't still think of a disruptive 3-4 T in that draft!

10. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +294
    I dunno we did hold Denver to their fewest scored points all year in both games.

I don't think RM had as much to do with either as you are implying.

11. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +418
    The game plan was to control the ball, Time of Possession 38:03 to 21:57 game one we lost 28 to 20

Game two: Time of Possession 38:49 to 21:11 game one we won 27 to 20

Playoff Time of Possession 24:33 to 35:27 game one we lost 24 to 17

In the only game we won RM had 127 yards

12. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
  13. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
  14. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Glad to see most are onboard and nervous in regards to our D ................... its been that way for the past 8 years or so now, so it comes as no surprise (or shouldn't anyway !!!) tome in the least, has been our achilles heal for as long as most can remember.

Poofessoria, there was no one in the draft that would've changed this D around in a matter of a year, no way you are gonna pull in 2 or 3 Rooks and they all show an NFL game immediately, very rare to ever see that happen, although I do believe it was the Eagles I seen last year who ended up starting 3 or 4 rooks in their starting D lineup last year. (mind you, they werent much chop anyway)

We need vet help and for whatever reason we never go hard in that department ................we'll go after 1 at best a season and be satisfied, have never understood that mentality with this franchise.

I'd be spending the bucks on guys who've been in the NFL system awhile and maybe haven't got opportunities at their other clubs to showcase their wares, the likes of Manti-types will be underwhelming yet again, just don't see any football nous about the bloke whatsoever.

15. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +611
    Some dumpster diving is in order when it comes to deep defensive teams such as the Seahawks and the Rams, when they make their final cuts and also if they try to sneak in their rookies in their respective PSs. It remains to be seen if they have anyone who fits in our D system. This glaring DL need may make the position of Sorensen as the 3rd QB untenable on the active 53 man roster, Also although I can't fathom that the Chargers may waive 2 of their 2014 draft picks (both Grice and Reese) that may just also happen because of the performance of the UDFA rooks and also off season FA signings of the guys who are making the most out of the chances given to them.

16. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,481
    Whatever it takes at this point....... we need some healthy bodies at the very least.

17. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,481
    The Raiders are a mess...... Schaub stinks, and now they have three defenders hurt. It'll be another :poop: year in Oakland.

18. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +418
    And I get to work with so many of their fans! :D

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +611
    But unfortunately it seems that they can still run, which appears to be our Achilles heel for the time being ;)

20. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,481
    No doubt. We might be better at pressuring the QB this year, and worse stopping the run. Not a great tradeoff.

21. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +611
  22. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +611
    Seems we were very :poop: at both pressuring and stopping a QB who could run ;)

23. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +418
    By the time we play them wk 6 McFadden will be hurt and I am not sure what Jones-Drew has left! :raiderssuck:

24. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,481
    • Funny Funny x 1
  25. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +611
    Thanks to HGH, Botox and some hair paint ;)

26. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,481
    fify ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,028
    I'd have like to seen us trade up for Dee Ford - but it is what it is. I note a few picks after ours, the Pats took Dominique Easley who was not on my radar at all. We have what we have and I need to quit bitching.

28. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,028
    You will remember, I was one of those mentioned in the Nix camp at the time, but you have to respect that everybody passed on him - they had access to information we didn't have. When he started falling, I just knew we would wind up with him and that he would be stout against the run - but would still have preferred trading up for Ford to fill what I perceived as our biggest need at the time. :tup:

29. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,028
    About the only consolation they have up North is that their 1st round pick, Khalil Mack, finally showed up to play a little football after being a no-impact player in his first two exhibition games... He wasn't on my personal radar - but there is another 1st rounder that was projected to be pretty disruptive right off... Ah well...

30. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,481
    Jerry may turn out to be a better player in the end...... we'll just have to be patient.