1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    Will be an interesting test to start the season, especially for our secondary.

Can't believe it's football season already. Looking forward to seeing what this team can do!

2. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +408
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +1,010
    Well, I'm going to be holding my breath until I hear Lissemore has resumed full practice. Going to be difficult for our two young'uns, Caretthers and Palepoi to hold down the middle against the rush - but after being reminded, (elsewhere), that a vested veteran is guaranteed full salary if he plays in game 1, I doubt we are going to see a big old veteran fatboy hired by the team until after game one. That won't keep TT from getting a non-vested player cut by another team, but that might be called dumpster diving at this point.... Pretty sure we will see what we have go against the Cardinals at their house. One thing for certain, if I am right, MM and Pags will know a lot more about our young fatboyz, and where they are *really* at before that one is over with.

4. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,373
    My thoughts exactly..... a bunch of vets will be signed after that 1st game. Nobody wants to guarantee the money for an old guy.

5. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,373
    There's still hope for Jack....... :D :p :laugh: :roflmao:

New Practice Squad Rules: If an NFL team wants to keep a man who is considered to be an international player, they can do so without it counting against the 10-man roster. The player must have citizenship and a principal place of residence outside of the United States to qualify.

6. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +492
    But Shirley still living in Mom's basement, ought to disqualify our Internationally renowned athlete ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,373
    I'm sure Roger would say that unless there's specific language saying otherwise, his hands are tied. ;)

8. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +492
    He's a kinky MoFo isn't he? I bet he that he secretly sees TS (sex) providers ;)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  9. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,041

I doubt you can fit an aquarium big enough to house one of those, in that place of your's these day's mate !!!!

10. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,041

Glad to see this !!!! :tup:

This guy was another Busted Davis ......................finally, peeps showing enough balls to make the tough and right decisions, instead of holding onto dud's for 5 years and getting zippo out of them.

11. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,041
    That surprised me a little ..................... seemed he had shown a bit during preseason.

12. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,041

....and 3 of those wont see the light of day unless we have injuries ofcourse ......................... BUT, we all know Ryno's history, so can't say it's a huge surprise.

13. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,041

The 70's have passed by mate ........................... Brazillions are all the rage these day's, try and keep up will you !!!! ;)

Then again, those 70 somethings on POF should be able to satisfy your tastes I guess. :D

14. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,041
    COOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ................................hey, what happened to the Aussie kid kicker that was trying out ?

Poor bastard never even made the cut list from what I could see .........................that's when you know your a total hack.

15. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,041
    Hey farker, Ive had my own joint for over 2 years now Thank You very much. :D

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,041
    Oh, did I mention ....................

.......... and to beat the top team on their home ground was a huge ask, but the boy's were brilliant.

The Tiger Army is Alive & Kickin' bigtime ..................................Go you good things !!!!

[​IMG]

Port Adelaide in Adelaide next week ............................bring it on !!!!

17. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +492
    I fancy that Hottie who is hoisting the "Tiger Tuff" banner. Just my type :D

18. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +408
    You room with a cat and a dog!

Let's not even talk about what you feed the dog!

Sent from my Mobile Zin finder!

19. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +408
  20. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,373
  21. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,373
    The San Diego Chargers began announcing members of the 2014 practice squad. They include:

QB Ryan Lindley - Former SDSU star spent first two years on the Arizona Cardinals active roster, appearing in six games.

WR Javontee Herndon - Undrafted rookie made impression in preseason, snaring five passes for 59 yards, averaging 11.8 yards per reception.

WR Torrence Allen - Showed playmaking ability in practice and in games, catching three balls for 25 yards.

T Jeremiah Sirles - A 6-6, 315-pound former two-time All-Big Ten choice from Nebraska, the tackle showed poise and effectiveness at line of scrimmage.

G Craig Watts - The 6-4, 335-pound guard from tiny West Texas A&M signed with Bolts after rookie minicamp and made strong impression to stick on practice squad.

DL Chas Alecxih - Affable defensive lineman capped off strong preseason with a monster sack against the Cardinals.

OLB Cordarro Law - Former CFL star proved he has what it takes to succeed in NFL, ranking second on Bolts in preseason with 13 tackles along with one strip-sack. He also paced club in special teams tackles.

CB Greg Ducre - Los Angeles native showed steady improveiment all summer, culminating with well deserved spot on practice squad.

S Adrian Phillips - The 5-11, 210-pound former Texas star ended preseason with seven tackles.

One spot still remains open.

22. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +492
    The Tinman of OZ :D

23. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,010
    I really like the switch from Sorensen to Ryan Lindley! As a matter of fact, I really like that whole list. :tup:

Thinking the other slot may go to an LB with a hard to pronounce name, ie. Victor Aiyawa?

24. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,373
    I think they're holding it open for either Oliver or Grice for after they sign a vet D-lineman.

25. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,010
    Had not thought of that - good call! :D, (unless he gets sniped off the wire).

26. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,373
    Sure, but they'd need to sign them to their 53 man roster. All practice squads will be filled by then.

27. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,041
    Sorry Blitzy, I believe she may be the Tiger Cheer Squad "Bike". :D

28. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,041
    What ??????

The dog and cat eat better than me, not that that means a whole lot !!!! :D

29. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,041

Quite ironic you post this pic today Pumpy !!!

My 16 yo nephew Ollie, Captained the premiership team over the weekend .........................playing for of all teams, fargin' ST MARY'S !!!!! :eek:, the team I'm playing against in that pic.

Most sad indeed ............. :(

[​IMG]

....and his older brother plays next week in the U18's ST MARY's team just to rub it in a little more !!!! :mad:

• Like Like x 1
  30. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,041

Not looking good for Keiser then huh !!!!

I forgot to mention him in my last post on the final 53 .....................was a little surprised by his omission, he's no star, but he did have a nose for "being where the ball was", (something a highly drafted player we have, needs to learn quickly) .............. that incident last year may well have been the tipping point. :whistling: