1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Must admit................ there are a shitload of Ladyboys and Tranny's walking the streets in Melbourne these days.

2. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Just on a serious note if I may ........

Recieved some very very sad news this evening on arriving home from work.

Okie's wife, Kathryn passed away last night (your time) after a lenghy illness, feel so bad for the guy, to have finally found the love of his life and have her taken away so quickly and tragically, is something no-one should ever have to endure.

If anyone would like to pass along their thoughts and condolences, send me a PM and I'll gladly pass along his email address to you.

RIP Kat !!!

3. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    That I'd agree with SandyBob............. but the Oline Fugly's only have one job when its all said and done mate ................keep the guy WHO WILL BE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WINNING & LOSING, in one piece at any cost, ALL the time. ;)

4. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +385
    Always sad to hear of a friend losing a wife to illness Jack. Thanks for passing that along.

5. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +385
    Don't get emotional Jack. A RT by nature of his job isn't going to be the make it or break it guy over the course of the entire game unless he is absolutely incompetent. Clary could be more consistent, but NOBODY you select for that job is going to be mistake free.

6. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
  7. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +385
    Sticky situation indeed. The bright side is he is 72 and still retains full function. :D

8. _Oz

_Oz Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +31
    what are you supposed to do in an adult theatre?

9. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Indeed Sandy, poor Okie has had a pretty wretched run over the years, lost his Mom a few years back to cancer that hit him very hard, then finally found this lady right around the same time that Diva and myself hooked up, he was smitten within days of finding out she had the same feelings for him, that he had for her.

He moved from Oklahoma to Tennessee to be with her and her son last year and things took a turn for the worse from a seemingly innocuous fall that led to a broken leg that later become infected and led to liver problems and from there things just got gradually worse................ absolutely heartbreaking situation for him.

He quit his job to tend for her fulltime awhile back and they were hopeful she could get a liver transplant, but 10 days ago it was discovered that her heart wasn't strong enough for the op and they took her out of hospital and into hospice.

I know he was happy that he was able to still get married though, even though he knew what lay ahead, it didn't deter him at all and thats the mark of a good man right there.

10. _Oz

_Oz Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +31
    Sorry to hear that about your mate and his missus. Very sad

Surfers Paradise is the place where women go when they had enough of their bloke and want to get rooted by a stranger. I like Surfers Paradise

11. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Thats a very good point SandyBob ............. hope my mast can still hoist the Spinaker at that age !!!!

....and thats an equally damn good point OZ ............... hopefully he'd already finished his popcorn though.

12. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    His popcorn, his choice of condiment. :whistling:

13. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Getting a nice, gentle rain today as opposed to the violent storms of late. I can hear the garden sighing with relief & pleasure. :tup:

14. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,505
    Very sad news....... so much for the "good things happen to good people" nonsense. I never knew the details of his wife's problems. What horrible luck. There certainly is nothing fair about life.

15. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Sorry Jack, just not my mission in life. ;)

I happen to agree, Clary's play, (other than jumping pre-snap and critical junctures), is "average" - he is not the fargin "worst ORT in football", and never has been. Also agree with the recent comment that he isn't "the reason" for most of our loses. I will point out, however, that when you are losing games by 3 or 4 points, and you look at those pre-snap penalties in the red zone, several of our losses over this past to years are directly on Clary and the O-line. Bottom line, he isn't as bad as he as been painted by many users both here and on the CMB - and he doesn't miss games.

His slow-footed pass protection technique is generally to try to take the double-barrel stud "speed" DEs and OLBs so wide that when PR steps up they haven't got a chance to make a play. When there is *any* breakdown elsewhere along the line and PR CAN'T step up, Clary gets the blame. Goes with the job, but it still isn't right in my book. 'nuff said.

16. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Changed sides?
    I've always been a realist. :D

17. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    As if you weren't there already :eek:

18. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Speaking of which, since I turned TPL over to you, it went nowhere. Pisses me off since it was my idea in the 1st place :p.
    Seriously though, your responsibility this year. Don't drop the ball. Again.

19. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Broncos defense having off-field issues this year.

20. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,505
    As is Colorado in general.

21. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Ayup. Still trying to get my head wrapped around what I started to see on TV about midnight last night. Horrible - and on top of it, makes absolutely no sense whatever. All of mankind should be walking a little less tall today after that one.

Guess law enforcement is still trying to figure out what to do about his booby-trapped apartment at this point in time.

Terrible is just not a strong enough word.

22. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,505
    The irony is that a "laid back" place like San Diego has giving rise to so many violent loonies. First, the McDonald's massacre, then the "I don't like Mondays" school shooting, and now this lunatic. Lets not forget the "Heaven's Gate" suicide bunch. Impossible to wrap your head around what motivates these crazies.

23. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,505
    On a gentler note......... Maybe, Jack can regale her with old footie stories. ;)

[​IMG]

Update:
    Jenneke's fame continues to spread, and the Australian media aren't holding back on her routine, calling the teenager's warm-up "sexy" and claiming that she's "set hearts ablaze."

"Fans are confident this is only the beginning, and expect to see the [Jenneke] wiggling -- and racing -- at the Rio de Janeiro Olympic Games in 2016," Sky Newsreported.

Australian news also added details about the track starlet's personal life. According to News.co.au, Jenneke is a Sydney-area native from the northwest suburb of Kenthurst. Apart from hurdling, her hobbies include Australian football, soccer, handball and taking care of her pet cats and dogs.

24. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Something about Denver makes people crazy. Lack of O2. Lots of people crammed into smog filled baking dry concrete jungle. Sniffing Elway's *** 24/7, etc etc

• Funny Funny x 2
  25. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    How bout the guy up here who was lighting fires at the peak of the dry season?

The SD to Denver combo is not good. Though Jamal at least managed it..LT? Not so much. Good thing he didn't go that route. No telling what he might have done.

26. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Aussie football, handball, and taking care of her pussy? Diva better watch out...

27. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
  28. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,505
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  29. Blue Bolt