1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nonsense and Non Sequiturs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 19, 2011.

1. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    I don't see how he effectively comes back from this. Guy is injury prone to begin with, and now has a helluva weak spot for a NFL RB.

2. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,379
    I assume they'll put a metal plate in when they do the surgery to protect it.

3. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,046
    Ohhhh God, what happened ????

Kimmy missed some soda's again ??? .....or pissed like a male dog on Norf's leg ?

4. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,379
    About a 35 yarder or less. ;)

5. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Can they put a metal plate around his entire body? ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
  7. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,379
    It gives you a sense of security in these troubled times. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046
    Well, having had a broken collarbone, I may be able to throw some light on this subject a little.

I guess well never know if that car accident had weakened it or not, so that will be nothing but pure speculation, but I can tell you this much from my own experience.
    ONE decent hit CAN break a collarbone, no problem whatsoever, I know this for a fcat because it happened to me, even though it took me 6 years to realize it. ;)

I'd never had a broken bone from football, bone chips in elbows removed and the knee cartilage ofcourse, but that was only 20 years after the fact also.

Anyway, I heard a "pop"when this guy hit me, shoulder to shoulder, but played out the game no problems.

Was a little sore and stiff the next day, but nothing that made me think it was anything but maybe bruised a little.

I ended up playing the next 6 weeks, that as it turned out, were the last competitive games of my career and won the championship to boot, which was the perfect ending ofcourse.

Jump forward to Summer of 1996.............. wokeupone morning and felt a terrible twinge just below my left shoulder blade in back, right where the chicken wing is.............didnt think much of it and figured I'd slept funny and that it would be fine within a few hours of waking.

Ummmmm........Errrrrrrrrrr, WRONG !!!!

The pain was relentless to the point I couldn't sleep and the pain had now turned into a dull continuous ache, 24/7.

Never experienced anything remotely close to this before and after a few days I was going crazyand was now sleeping by putting my head down on a table and sitting in a chair.............NOT fun.

This lasted for nearly 2 months even after I started treatment with a Lady Chiropracter I knew from tennis...............anyone, she suggested we get an X-ray and see if that could throw somelight on the problem .........well, it didn't, but it did show that I'd had a broken collarbone some time in the past she tells me..........I looked at her and said.... "Nope, that never happened" !! ......to which she replied, "NO, I wasn't asking if you had one, I'm telling you, you did" ...............X-rays don't lie, I see a perfectly knitted bone here from a clean break"

Well, you could have knocked me off the chair, how could that possibly be ?........ is it even possible to do anything with a broken collarbone, let alone play football ?

She shrugged her shoulders and said ....... "Guess so if you did it" ................but I still can't believe I didn't feel some sort of unbearable pain during that entire 6 weeks..............guess I was tougher than I gave myself credit for. ;)

So, who knows if Mathews had weakened the bone earlier or not, impossible to say.

9. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046
    Its a definete worry for sure..................nothing against this kid, some (like Busted for example), just don't have the body that stands up to the constant rigors of a game like football, its that simple and Mathews hits me as one of those types to be honest.
    Its not that he's a pussy or anything along those lines, its simply a matter of a combo of bad luck and a body that doesn't take punishment at all well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046
    I have a very good feeling about Ingram, don't ask why, as I have no logical answer for that at this stage, sometimes just a gut feeling is all you need.

I don't care if the kid doesn't personally get a sack ( but I will take a few)...............as long as he can constantly pressure opposing QB's and take them out of their rhythm, then that will open up a heap of other options.

Good to hear that Bigsby showed something too .................that would be a real bonus if he could plug a gap at Safety.

So what about English ?...............did he show anything at all ?

11. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,379
    [​IMG]

12. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046
    SHITE !!!!, seriously, a 35 yarder ?................get the farg outta here then Kimmy, your done and dusted.

Time to walk the walk Katie or your pink slip wont be far away also.

So why wouldn't BZ have played till later ?.....he didn't start at all ?

So who were the starting front 3 ?

Did Green play ?

13. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,379
    English was credited with a sack...... he looked mobile. Left the game uninjured..... that's a plus. ;)

14. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046
    Sorry, tried to summarise it ........ but admit it, your impressed, aren't you !!!! ;)

15. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,379
    Acee says they rushed the snap on the kick because the clock was running out, throwing off Novak's timing. That's possible, but you still don't want to miss one that far in.

Baby Z looked good in spots. Don't know why he didn't start, except they were trying to give the rookies as many snaps as possible.

16. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,379
    Impressed by your ability to play with pain, or the fact you're dumb enough to suffer a break and not realize it? ;)

17. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046
    OK, I take back the "not being a pussy" ............METAL PLATE !!! .... what the farg, rub some dirt on it son and show some G & D for christ sake. :D

18. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046
    Thats weak sauce ....... a Pro should never miss fromthat distance unless there's a problem with the snap and hold.............piss him off, I have no time for vets who lack after this long in the game.

19. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046
    Sure they can ................

Then again, it didn't help this Knight for memory though.

[​IMG]

I have a feeling poor RYNO would probably suffer from metallic groin chaffing or something similar......... he looks the type that no matter what precautions he takes, he's always gonna find a way to miss games.

20. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046
    Whats he actually talking about for farg sake ???

Like he'll ever change .................. the guy is the epitome of "underachiever", been saying it for how long now ?

Needs plenty of help for him to have an impact ....he'd better hope like crazy that Ingram can do what a 'roided up Merriman could ................make him look better than he actually is. :rolleyes:

21. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,379
    He was referring to Dwight Howard being traded to the Lakers (his team, apparently).

22. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046
    What about getting past defenders though ?............. did he show any real bullrushing ability ?

Thats what we need the guy to show, can have all the speed in the world, but if he just runs around guys and takes turns like a semi, then he's no value whatsoever.............gotta be able to presure the QB and stay in his eyeline.

23. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046
    Hmmm, OK...well I wont panic yet in relation to Baby Zee, but still, want to see him in there often and cementing himself a regular spot, not being used sparingly.

24. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046
    Thats a good question !!!!

I really hadn't put that much thought into it !!! :D

25. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046
    Oh, hadn't heard about that ................... Well yeah, just shows where his head is at, can't say it shocks me at all that he'd put out a post like that, arrogant is a word that comes to mind.

Wish we had of traded the guy and got something for him while others still think he's a decent LB'er.

26. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,379
    I'd have to look at the replay to be sure, but the sack was in the pocket, so I don't think it was purely a speed rush.

27. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,379
    Yeah, they seem to be trying to get the rookies up to speed as fast as possible. I think it shows that they expect Ingram, Reyes, and even Liuget to be big factors this season. None of that "you can't expect a rookie to contribute right away" mantra........ I know you hate that. ;)

28. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,379
    G'nite, Jack......... Gates was golden. :tup:

29. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046
    Exactly and neither should anyone else be buying into that mantra mate, its nothing but a cop-out for coaches as far as I'm concerned.

Every other team seems to be able to find Rooks that can have an impact immediately, why not us ?

If Ingram and Reyes show they are up to it, they should be in there from Game 1, simple.

30. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,046
    Hmmm, well that wouldn't surprise me.............would love to see this kid show something, its such an important position in football these days and for him to finally stay healthy and be able to contribute would be HUGE to our defense.