1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Norv admits playing vanilla versus Oakland

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by WonderSlug, Dec 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    This is an excerpt from this morning's SDUT article from Nick Canepa:

2. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    :icon_rofl::icon_rofl:
    What a ****ing cocky, classless head coach!

:icon_rofl:

3. sdbound

sdbound New Member

Ratings:
    +942

I like the sound of that.

4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I suspected Norv had been sandbagging all year long.

He has not really flashed ****.

Now the truth comes out. :yes:

5. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    That is old.

Now how about this......When was the last time you saw the WR or TE throw a pass ?

It has been ages for me and I suspect it would catch everyone asleep at the wheel so shhhhhh ..... Legoland throws a pass is another option. Cro lined up at WR would scare a few defensive coordinators as well and just that split second of indecision is all we need to pull the trigger and bam.....:bolt:

6. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,772
    You know whats funny is, I've been saying that from the beginning of the season. In fact my bro called from CA during the game and I told him as much also. I just have had this feeling that something big is going to happen, I just don't know what.

7. Harley

Harley BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +81
    the run it up the gut on 1st down everytime is going to flower into big plays in the playoffs, alla play action, and other chit.
    he's not goin' to get too cute with trick plays (i think there will be some) but more like, contradict tendancies at the right times.
    it's head game time.
    soak in the film opponents...

8. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,374
    The best insult to the Raider players was delivered by their coach, Lane Kiffin. During the game, Queerdorf mentioned that Lane was, "surpised by how many players in the pros acted unprofessionally." OUCH. :lol:

9. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408

Me, too. :yes:

I'm looking forward to the playoffs getting started. :icon_banana:

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,648
    He better, I want some food on my plate, I want to see Norv Turner absolutely light it up. I haven't been that impressed with what I've seen this year

On a side note, I think Norv Turner has been hanging out with Philip Rivers too long, the former's starting to talk smack now too :lol:

11. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Just as long as he backs it up!! :yes: :tup:

12. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I don't think Norv is talking smack he's just stating the obvious. :yes:

13. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    Well he better hurry up then. At best he's only got three games left in the season.

14. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I am still skeptical about the tactic of keeping things under wraps for the season, if that in fact is what Norval is doing. It's a tactic that can backfire during the season an may have when we were 1-3. Playing simple against the Raiders and using players enough just to win made sense. Risking a lot of completely untested plays during a play off run is high percentage gambling, unless there are just a few new things to be added to keep people off balance. Running a real different offense could produce misfires based on faulty timing or procedure calls at very inopportune times. If Norval was sand bagging to get to 11-5, then we should have been able to go 16-0, with New England at 15-1. It appears to me that the Chargers began implementing the system gradually, phasing in new players with the adjustments. No doubt he has fresh plays for the post season, but not a whole new playbook.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Well, I for one don't buy into Trumpy's conspiracy theory, nor do I think that we'll see a a whole new playbook/offensive scheme, but I DO think there are a few tricks in Norv's bag. :yes:

And hopefully we'll pull them off successfully & at the optimum time. :icon_banana:

16. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    Not doing whatever it takes to win games is great way to find yourself out of coaching.

17. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Sure it is. Unless your GM is a gambler who is willing to hide his hand until the pot is stuffed full.

That's Trumpy's conspiracy theory. I don't buy into it fully, but when you look at it in terms of the supposed Marty/AJ disagreement re: how to win a championship, it makes ya think a little.

OMG - what if Trumpy is right? :icon_eek:

We'll never hear the phuquin' end of it. :no:

18. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    He won't be gettin' no cherry. I've been had before.

19. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I told you all about the "Chosen One" and the demise of the "Moled One"

Then, it was Olivea needed to be benched and that has been no secret since Day One.

Then it was Clinton Hart who the nay-sayers are now seeing the light and who also called him a scrub. I think it was more the fact a few were jealous his posse attends the gaters occassionally and the ego driven quests to be right about something - anything. :yes:

All the while - AJ is GOD and that tune has never wavered as well.

Now my little conspiracy theory which now has the beans being spilled and this was suppose to be a meaningful game? Yeah right ... in pigs eye.

Why did Norv hold back?

I know why and have strongly suspected that the "fix" was in.

20. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    What if......just maybe.......Norv has been having PR sandbag his performance all year for the sake of unleashing the beast in the postseason.

I saw the kid lay it out there the first part of last year, so I know he has it in him.......:icon_shrug:

Crawl into the AFC Championship game and light up the Patsies.....

21. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    We saw "Classic Norv" again on Sunday!!!!
    Plain and Freakin' Simple!!!

Since the Retards weren't playing like the Texans, Lions, Donkos, etc... Norv had NO idea what to do!!!

The players need to ignore him in the playoffs so we can advance!
    Plain and Simple!!!

22. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    Does that mean you think we have no shot at the SB and the AFC Championship is the furthest we could possibly go? :icon_shrug:

23. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    More drivel from the resident WLB.

24. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,232
    With all the crap you spew, your bound to be near right a few times...:icon_tease:

25. Ray Dahayder

Ray Dahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    I hope this has all been a ruse leading up to the playoffs. From the get-go, both AJ and Norv have stressed just getting to the playoffs. I hope they have something real good under their hats to throw at the other teams in the playoffs.

I like the idea of Nanee throwing the ball downfield. The kid was a QB at Boise State for a while.

Maybe they've been practicing these plays all year but never showing them in real games. And we haven't seen LT throw all year. Time for that little nugget..... only do it when we have the ball at our own 35 yard line.... they'll NEVER expect it at that part of the field.

26. sdbound

sdbound New Member

Ratings:
    +942

Per AJ;

"Marty Schottenheimer was 0-2 in the playoffs and there's 0-2 next to my name. I don't like 0-2. We've got to figure this thing out and do some damage. "

27. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt New Member

Ratings:
    +192

What the hell are you talking about? Why do you say that he had no idea what to do? Why do you continue to spew this drivel? Will you continue to do so throughout the offseason?

28. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,232
    Just use ignore, I am until he admits that his pride got the better of him in the case of his Norv hate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.