1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Norv admits playing vanilla versus Oakland

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by WonderSlug, Dec 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    That's not possible because you and BFISA are always occupied in all the rooms.

And no it is NOT different. I said I hated Norv and that was it.
    I will give him credit when he has earned it!!!

2. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Nope .. not going to happen. When he posts for 2 months straight about how much he hates Norv, it's gets a bit tired. And every time he tried not to post how he didn't hate Norv, he still posted how much he hates Norv. He is a broken record.

We are in the playoffs. Eat crow now.

3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

For the records... What I posted in here is NOT "doom and gloom" or "Norv sucks." It is "Norv is not yet proven."

Lions, Donoks, Ravens, Retards, Texans, etc...
    BETTER BEAT THEM BECAUSE THEY SUCK!!!

Titans...
    FANTASTIC FOURTH QUARTER COME BACK!!!!!:bolt:

Patsies, Ponies, Vikings, Packers, etc...
    EMBARRASSING!!! :tdown:

Bottom line...
    After we beat the Titans this Sunday, we'll be facing teams like the ones that embarrassed us.
    I have no doubt that our players are ready to step up to the plate and rip their freaking heads off!!! :bolt:
    Now Norv needs a plan to beat those that embarrassed us!!!

Yes, we're in the playoffs.
    We were last season too. So what?
    A victory over the Ponies and I will gladly eat crow!!!
    START MARINATING IT NOW!!! :bolt:

4. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    I don't know anyone here that gives a flyin fuq whether you eat crow or not...frankly I'd settle for you taking a big ol cup 'o' shut the fuq up.

5. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Concudan is calling you.
    It's time for you to sign off now.

6. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680

First of all, I agree with Trumpie, in that you guys need to back off in giving B4L so much crap. Most of us have been down on Norv at some point this season, even myself. And B4L has a point about us not looking very good against playoff caliber teams under Norval.

We should all be excited as hell to be in the playoffs again, and Norv deserves props for getting us there. But Norv's lack of adjustments in the Tennessee game concerns me. I'm hoping that we follow the blueprint of all of our other victories: Get out to an early lead, avoid the need to make significant adjustments to how our opponent is attacking us on defense.

So in summation, everybody is right: Let's be happy about the playoffs and get along, while reigning in the desire to wash Norval's sack.

:abq2:

7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,243
    Well gee I am convinced now. TK and Trumpie have told me what to do, guess i have to do it... C'mere B4L, leme give you a hug, then we can join hands with sthensthative TK and trumpie and sing koombiya...

:lol:

8. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Nah. Let's all sing "Love Stinks". Better preparation for a football game.

9. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171

I'm tempted to give you some positive rep on this post. :D :unsure: :lol:

10. reddenedbeard

Ratings:
    +112
    Way to spin that one .. :no:

WHEN we beat the Titans on Sunday, we will be playing Indy. Hardly a team that has embarrassed us over the past couple of years.

11. reddenedbeard

Ratings:
    +112
    [​IMG]

12. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,383
    Sorry, I don't get the point about not looking very good against playoff teams. The Pats whooped us early in the year. We were within a pubic hair of winning at GB. We lost a tough one at Jacksonville. We jumped on Indy 23-0 and held on to win. We came back to beat TN on the road. That puts us at 2-3 vs. playoff teams, 2-1 after the first three weeks of the season.

I don't have a problem with someone having doubts about our coaching, but I do have a problem with someone who has already made up their mind and just wants to blabber endlessly about how much Norv sucks. Even Norv skeptics would have to admit that there have been some things in the last six weeks to feel good about. If they don't see the improvement in this team over that time, then they aren't paying attention.

And spare me the BS about the bad teams we played. The Chargers have allowed the fewest points and scored the 2nd most points in the last six weeks. That's impressive no matter who we have played.

13. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Thank you but I don't want to upset BFISA.

14. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I didn't spin anything. I just told it as it is.

Yes, the last couple seasons we looked great against the Ponies.
    BUT I'M TALKING ABOUT THIS SEASON, EINSTEIN!!!!!
    Six interceptions, offense scores 10 points, and we win because of a missed field goal. A win is a win but it not credible.

15. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680
    If the Colts and Titans kickers hadn't shanked 25-yard field goals, we lose to both of those teams. I normally don't like to play the "What if" game, but we lucked out there.

You can put a positive spin on this all you want, but all of us should still be concerned about the Chargers' ability to move the ball against above-average teams.

16. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Do you do a lot of drugs?
    We go slaughtered in Minnesota!!!
    We beat Indy thanks to a missed field goal. We were that close to giving up a 23-0 lead with six interceptions and two kick off returns. I hardly consider that a win!!!

Though we had a great win in Tennessee!!!

We had A LOT to feel good about last season too (during the regular season). So What?

OK.
    Lions are just as great as the Patsies. The refs just cheat a lot when they play cause NFL wants to hold them down!!!
    Donkos would be in the playoffs had Shanahan not accepted that bribe from the mob to keep them losing.
    Teaxans accepted a bribe from the Cowboys so they would be the olny winning team in Texas.

Lay off the drugs, Doug!!!

17. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

True. If the Titans kicker made that field goal, there would have been no over time. Though that was an awesome fourth quarter!!!

This week, I want us to slam the door with no lucky breaks!! :bolt: :yes:

18. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,383
    The what-if game is BS. That's not what happened. If Rivers hadn't handed the Colts a TD by letting the ball slip out of his hand, we would have won that game alot easier. If the officials in the Titans game would have called just one of numerous personal foul penalties in that game, we would have had at least another field goal in regulation.

Teams create their own luck. The Chargers handed the Colts an opportunity to win the game and the Colts handed it back. We made enough plays to win the game.

When we lose, the Norv bashers want to point to that as proof of him being an inept coach. They don't take how we played into account. I didn't hear any of the Norv bashers pointing out that we should have won in Green Bay, that if Weddle had not tripped, he would have picked Favre to seal the game.

You can't have it both ways. When we lose, the Norv bashers say, "It doesn't matter how well we played, we lost." When we win, the Norv bashers say either "Our opponent sucked" or "We got lucky." It seems to me that no matter how well we play, the Norv bashers have made up their minds. If we win this week, B4L will say, "Big deal. We were in the divisional round last year." If we win the following week, I'm sure there will be some way in which we got lucky to win. I think it's better to alter your opinion as new facts become available, instead of altering the facts to support your never-changing opinion.

Jesus, I'm arguing with B4L by proxy. :lol: We've won six games in a row and some of you are still complaining. We have the second longest winning streak in the league. Over the last six weeks, we've scored more points than every team but one while allowing the fewest points. These are reasons to have hope. If you don't see that, then you are just a pessimistic turd. It's really that simple. If you don't agree with that, you're wrong. :yes:

19. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    For the records... remember the "Rivers bashing threads?" How about the "Hart bashing threads?"
    I didn't participate in them because I have faith in out players. ALL OF THEM!!!

We've all seen the recent trends. I think we could be something like the 2005 Steelers. BUT in order for that to happen, NORVAL WILL HAVE TO DIG DEEP!!!

THIS TIME WE'LL HAVE TO FACE THE POINES WITH MARVIN HARRISON!!! TEN OFFENSIVE POINTS WON'T CUT IT!!!!

GREAT FORTH QUARTER WIN AGAINST THE TITANS BUT THEY'RE THINKING REVENGE JUST AS MUCH AS WE ARE!!!

YES, I THINK WE CAN DO IT!!!
    But thinking that beating up on the Lions, Texans, Donkos, etc. is a good example is not thinking at all!!!

20. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,243
    Ok not that you will listen but let me point out where you are totally phuqed in the head.

Insulting someone who disagrees, you asked where you did that, here is a prime example so dont act surprised when others tell you that we do this.

Yes we lost in Minnesotta, so what? The Browns lost to Cincy, The Ravens lost to the Dolphins. Good teams lose to lesser teams all the time, that is why they play the game and not just crown someone's ***! Get it?

Here is your major problem. You take a GREAT win over an EXCELLENT team that the Chargers have onwned for several years and cheapen it. "We won only because..." WRONG! DEAD WRONG! Think!

We won because:
    Our D kept them from scoring more points than us. That is an acomplishment when going against the Colts. You cheapen it, and that is just stupid.

Our offense won the battel of the line of scrimage and scored points against a good defense! Again you cheapen it through your inability to see beyond your prideful angst.

Our special teams tore them a new rectum! TWO! Counnt them, 2 special teams scores. A kick off return for a TD, a Punt return for a TD.

This was a complete team win, but because the score seperation against a very dangerous Colts team wasnt as big as you wanted to stroke your ego you cheapen the win. Sorry, but that is what you do to lead to people expressing such frustration towards you. You make your bed, lie in it. TK Trumpy, take notes!

Fine you dont consider a win a win. Your mental issues. You now say that the 'Ponies' as you put them are the measuring stick that you will use to Judge Norv by. The same team tht you cheapen now by saying we really didnt beat them, even though... Guess what?... WEE DID!

Now they are the test in your mind. Sorry i think your full of crap, you will find an excuse to cheapen a win just as you have here with a win against your measuring stick.

We agree. i am surprised that you dont comment on how we needed to win in OT so you dont count it as a win...

I agree, so what? What is your point?!

Wow... Simply wow... So we didnt beat the lions, the Refs 'gave us the win. You know now that I see this, I am wasting my time, you are mental.

What a pile of crap. Do you really believe what you post?

See above, your crap is really stupid man.

Yes, please lay off the drungs.

I am through with you, your pride and angst are stupid as are your reasons for cheapening what this team has acomplished. Go by a Raiders jersey, you sound like most of their fans anyway.

21. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Round and round and round and round!!!
    Doesn't it make you dizzy?

So we've played well horrible teams but choked against winning teams. Start celebrating now!!!

That's like your kid bringing home a report card with A's in art, music, study hall, etc. and F's in math, English, history and science!!
    I guess it would be party time in the boltssbbound house hold!!! :lol:

22. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Where do you get the "drungs" that you are taking?!!! :lol: :lol:

23. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

WOW!!! You don't know sarcasm when you see it?!!!!
    Those must be some really bad drungs!!! :lol::lol::lol:

24. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    We didn't lose... we got owned, slaughtered, killed, or what ever else you want to call it!!!

As far as insulting... there was no name calling involved. I just pointed out that the guy was wayyyy off!!!

25. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    That wasn't a "great win" in my book!!!
    Sure we've played the Ponies well in the past few season BUT I'M TALKING ABOUT THIS SEASON!!!!!

The Defense did a great job and so did the Special Teams. But the offense was horrible!!! Keep in mind... that was also without Marvin Harrison!!!

Concudan,
    You might want to stop typing with fists. It's causing LOTS of errors!!! Is Norv your typing coach?!!! :lol:

26. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680
    No doubt, teams make their own luck. But we did NOTHING to cause the Colts and Titans kickers to shank their chippies.

And I’m not complaining, just voicing my concern as we head into the playoffs. Beating up on mediocre-or-worse teams is a testament to our talent level, and Norv’s ability to keep the team focused. But against the more talented teams, when in-game coaching becomes more of a factor, the results have not been to my satisfaction.

GO BOLTS!

:abq1:

27. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,383

And the Colts did nothing to Philip when he fumbled in the end zone. And the Colts did nothing to Gates when he let the ball go through his hands and be intercepted to set up Vinatieri's missed chippie.

Fact: Since Week 3, the Chargers are 2-1 in games against playoff teams.

28. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

VERY WELL SAID!!!
    THIS DESERVES A STANDING OVATION!!!

And with all that said...
    GO BOLTS!!!:bolt:

29. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,243
    True but i doubt if that will convice the diaper brigade.

Fact is TK as well as D4L has never liked Norv, their choice and they focus on only very specific items and draw conclusions without considering the whole seasons acomplishments. We cant convice them to do otherwise, so let them pittle themselves and post drivel... I am done with them.

30. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Actually TK has taken a pretty patient approach with Turner when a lot of people were calling for his head. I'll give him that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.