1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Norv admits playing vanilla versus Oakland

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by WonderSlug, Dec 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Sorry, that "fact" doesn't allay my concerns about the play-calling. If that 2-1 record makes you feel warm and fuzzy about our ability to move the ball against playoff teams, then good for you.

I don't get how this makes me any less of a fan. People are worried about Philip Rivers' consistency too. Norv's play-calling is another thing that some of us are worried about.

2. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I don't know who D4L is.
    Then again... I don't know what drungs are either!!! :lol:

But you're right. YOU can't convice (assuming you meant "convince") me.
    I never liked Norv and most people here don't either.
    Though Norv CAN convince me but he hasn't done it yet. Though it can start this week with a solid win over the Titans!!! :bolt:

With all that said... I think TK hit the nail right on the head when he said "we did NOTHING to cause the Colts and Titans kickers to shank their chippies."

3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

TK HITS THE HEAD OF THE NAIL AGAIN!!! :tup:
    KEEP EM' COMING!!!

4. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Nice take, BDH. I couldn't agree more.

:icon_smile:

5. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Try to keep this on track please folks.

You are more than welcome to create a thread discussing B4L's feelings towards Norv in the Asylum. But this back of forth reeks of drama and needs to stop. Please feel free to discuss Norv's play calling against the turds. But continued commentary about anybody else's posting style, and further direct inflammatory attacks in this thread are going to result in infractions.

Now please... carry on. :bolt:

6. LiGHTNiNG ROD

LiGHTNiNG ROD BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    good.. because the playcalling and gameplan looked, smelled and tasted like vanilla. But hey.. Jokeland wasn't going to score much anyway!! :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,173
    Then have him stop spamming every thread with his debbie downer posts...:yes:

8. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH OK OK OK!!! HOW ABOUT A WIN TO SHUT YOU ALL UP!

9. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,173
    Fine, dont spam every thread with it as D4L does.

10. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,173
    Yes that is true. But in his rush to defend D4L, he has taken a stand. Fact is they both can hate whom ever they want and say what ever they want.

But people will respond. D4L has posted trash all season long, he spams his anti Norv and anti Charger crap in any thread he posts. If he doesnt like the reaction, he needs to change. If he likes the reaction, he is doing fine.

11. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I for one think Norv played this one correctly. I don't buy into Trumpie's so-called "conspiracy theory." But I also don't believe that AJ created the universe, nor that Philip is related in any way to Moses. But Trumpie has a way with extremes and superlatives and at the end of the day, his sentiment is probably accurate. Norv has very likely implemented different aspects of his game plan at different times and we're yet to really see him "pull out all the stops."

I agree with RC that entering the playoffs, facing the best possible competition is probably not the time to start experimenting and trying things that you haven't been executing for 16 games. But it IS a change from the Marty approach. I, of course, still like Marty, but whatever he does in the playoffs seems NOT to work. So I will hope this is a change for the better.

I'm sure Norv went out of his way to dis the Raiders 'cause he got no respect from the players and organization there, and the whole experience just made him look more inept. So how can you blame him for taking a shot at them after skating past them twice without a bump or a bruise? Good for him.

• Like Like x 1
  12. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    :clap::clap:

13. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,173

Well if it wasnt all he posted I wouldnt. The fact of the matter is he makes crap up to droop turds on the coach and the Chargers. He is incapable of doing little else.

So if he does that, then people will respond. If you want to change that fine, but it is a serious precident to set.

You say good for him, I say get some new material.:tdown:

14. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Sorry CONC, but I think you have somebody else on the brain. I'm talking about Norv and Chargers football, and nothing besides.

15. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,173
    Yeah, I might... :lol:

16. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Nah...fuq'im

17. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Have you been on vacation from the forums for the past three months...y'all PsTB have allowed this ******* to spew his venom unabated since week 2 of this season, and now that many of the posters here have had their fill and are expressing same, y'all wanna put a shackle on it, is disengenious, to say the least.

My God, where the fuq have y'all been??

Move this thread if y'all wanna, but if BT is s'posed be the place where free exchange occurs, then y'all needta go back to where y'all've been hangin out the past 4 months.

18. Harley

Harley BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +81
    fire norv!

19. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820

It's more a matter of trying to balance a forum where differing opinions are welcome, where constant spamming of unpopular venom directed at specific players &/or coaches is not welcome, to trying to abolish the mob mentality that sometimes plagues this place.

I don't have a problem with people having unpopular views, in fact it makes things more entertaining. That being said, people who have a singular focus and post the same thing time and time again and post little else are bringing little value. Then other the other hand, there is the ganging up on people aspect that has driven people off and has created animosity with valued members.

I think both you and IAD are right on this. The challenge is when is too much too much? I know certain valued members that have been beating on VJ or Sproles or Cottrell or Rivers for much of the season. When is it critical assessment and when is it trolling.

I'll give everyone my two cents. It's alright to have a negative viewpoint on someone and to express it as often as you like (as long as it is within the topic of the conversation) as long as you bring thoughts and opinions about other topics &/or players (hopefully not all negative as well). If your only purpose is to bash on you chosen victim than you would be better served to do it somewhere else.

Lastly, there is the very useful ignore feature that can be very helpful in these circumstances.

20. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Man talk about Norv being vanilla.

21. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,357
    We've had six in a row and it hasn't just them up. :lol:

22. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    Are you comparing me to your beloved Norv? :lol:

23. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Unless I'm terribly mistaken we've both taken brief leaves of absence over the last few months. What I am sure about is that I don't talk **** about anybody, nor am I exclusively loyal or nice to a select group on this forum.

B4L is free to direct whatever venom that he wants towards the team and/or organization. But he's not the one that started attacking people on the board. I completely agree with SDC that diversity and especially, unpopular opinions are often times the most interesting and make for the best reading. I think it's unfortunate that some people have allowed B4Ls tendency to be a little redundant to really bother them.

Try to understand that it's all our team, and we all love and appreciate the game in different ways. B4L is no less of a fan because he has different values and expectations. Again, I understand why people will disagree with me, and that's cool. Disagreement is interesting. Saying "fuq'em" to someone because you don't like them is not interesting, cool, or really in accordance with the few rules we have around here.

There is an over abundance of disengenious on any and all internet message boards, but such is the way of things. It's not the mods job to police integrity, IMO it's the MODs jobs to keep discussions interesting and relevant. The moment this thread became about people not liking someone it ceased to be both. Furthermore direct personal attacks are just lame in so many ways...

I'm not interested in moving this thread, because there is actually some discussion to be found in here. But if the conversation continues to have nothing to do with the thread title it's going to get locked. :icon_shrug:

24. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    I dunno why I thot there might be a different response from y'all PsTB.

25. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279
    weve only seen it ONCE, im pretty sure theres more than that, maybe a chris chambers throw to PR or something? :icon_shrug:

26. sdbound

sdbound New Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Oh the drama! People don't get your panties in a knot.

B4L knock it off.

Unless this hurts my chances for a homebrew; If that's the case then nevermind.

27. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,173
    Toby, you are starting to sound like MTL bashin on the mods. Stop with the PsTB BS... Your better than that. I know your miffed about a few things beyond D4L, but ya gotta let that go.

Just sayin.

• Like Like x 1
  28. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    I'll get flamed for this and I don't give a fawk. Norv has done a hell of a job with this team. He never wavered from his plan, but our players including LT acted like spoiled children. I've seen plays on offense that reminded me of years past, Lagoland lining up as a H-back and some early passing plays to him then poof it's gone. The acquisition of Chambers and all of a sudden passing lanes that have been missing for years have returned.

After LT called Shotty and was reamed for being a puss his play all of a sudden turned around. Rivers play this year hasn't been anything to write home about. His week 14 play against the Titans was horrible, but he came back bum knee and all.

I can't say that we have been tempered to be the finest sword for battle yet, but I do like what I've seen in the last 6 games.

29. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    What does it really say about our HC when he comes out and admits he keeps it vanilla against for the raiders

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

GO BOLTS!!!

30. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    pot kettle

just sayin

:icon_toast::icon_toast:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.