1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Norv: Don't expect the Chargers to make the playoffs next season

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Blue Bolt, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Burlington Bolt Brother

Burlington Bolt Brother BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +162
    You are still insisting that your rigged view of ypc is the standard of measuring a running back. What you are implying is that my universal statement is dishonest because I (or any journo, coach, agent or gm) don't only consider a rigged standard of ypc. Bravo for fooling the willingly duped who hit your like buttons but considering their contributions, it isn't something to be too proud of

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,232
  3. Burlington Bolt Brother

Ratings:
    +162
    I'm sure you'll let us know when you can tell us two things? So Telesco wouldn't have picked up Fluker and the other O-line FA's? A lot has been made of ABN cross training the line but Fluker didn't at all until the week he was set to go to LT.

4. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,923
    He likely still would have drafted Fluker. With or without Norv OL was a big need this offseason.

But there's no telling what else may have been different this offseason considering the drastic fundamental differences between Norv's Air Coryell approach and McCoy/Whiz's West Coast approach.

edit: Well, now pro-football-reference is labeling McCoy/Whiz as Earhardt-Perkins, but the point is it's a different offense that may need different personnel.

5. Burlington Bolt Brother

Ratings:
    +162
    Conc, the enemy of your enemy is not your friend. Stop embarrassing yourself, take me off ignore and see what you are obligingly agreeing or disagreeing with (can someone quote this so he can see it?)

6. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,232
    The Sad Truths of Internet Trolls:

1. Trolls are immune to criticism and logical arguments. True trolls cannot be reasoned with, regardless of how sound your logical argument is.
    2. Trolls do not feel remorse like you and me. They have sociopathic tendencies, and accordingly, they delight in other people having hurt feelings.
    3. Trolls consider themselves separate from the social order.
    4. Trolls do not abide by etiquette or the rules of common courtesy.
    5. Trolls consider themselves above social responsibility.
    6. Trolls gain energy by you insulting them.
    7. Trolls gain energy when you get angry.
    8. The only way to deal with a troll is to ignore him, or take away his ability to post online.

7. Burlington Bolt Brother

Ratings:
    +162
    I get your point and agree there is no telling. Maybe too if in a different world where fan hate was lower and Norv stayed on, Norv would have had say he didn't seem to have under AJ and have blown it by getting 4 running backs....who knows?

8. Burlington Bolt Brother

Ratings:
    +162
    Oh Conc

9. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,923
    You're not really helping the matter with ad hominem attacks labeling him a troll.

I never argue with anybody with the expectations of them accepting anything. I state my argument and they can either accept it or not.

I get that you think he's a troll. That's fine, but you only divert his responses even more with posts like this.

If you don't want to reply to him then don't, but let me choose who I want to respond to and who I want to ignore.

10. Jesse Kemp

Jesse Kemp BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +132
    Do you always get this pissed when people disagree with you? I never said you were being dishonest-- just wrong. There is a difference. One can be incorrect without lying. That's why incorrect answers on tests at school typically have a red "X" next to them, rather than the scrawled word "LIAR!"

We may use any and all standards of performance measurement for running backs. I'm not beholden to YPC. I picked it because volume stats are often less indicative of actual performance. Believe it or not, I was trying to be fair about it. Regardless of the measure used, it's still incorrect to say that Norv's coaching has made runners better in every case.

Sorry if that upsets you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,723
    Of course not I'm just playing the game other people started. ;)

Fluker actually struggled quite a bit pass blocking at LT, but a scheme adjustment to run heavy offense and a quick passing game (something Norv could never accomplish on the fly, or even after weeks) minimized Flukers exposure to pass rush.

12. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,232
    Is it an attack to state a fact? He is a troll. I do not attack him but laugh at people like you who continue to feed him. His only purpose is the argue with people like you about how great Norv was. You can see it in this very thread where he and his dog Sandy play their courtroom drama out. If you like that game, dig in, but I call it as I see it. You know this.

He is a troll.

Please tell me how I am FORCING you to not reply to anyone. Please, enlighten me...

13. Burlington Bolt Brother

Ratings:
    +162
    I'm not angry or upset and I don't look at you as a student. I actually found your trick somewhat clever and calling it dishonest is in the sense that it was intellectually dishonest. Not that you are a liar in the personally dismissive sense. I apologize for offending you but I thought you knew what you were doing.

14. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,723
    He and almost every other Norv apologist here.

15. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,923
    Is it an attack to state a fact? Probably not

Is whether or not BBB is a troll a fact? No, that's what they call an opinion.

The only thing I'm doing is responding to posts in a rational matter. If he wants to accept them or just keep posting to earn responses I don't care honestly.

How do you know what his purpose is? Are you a mind reader?

Being passionate about a subject matter doesn't make him a troll. It just means he's convinced he's right.

I don't believe I ever said you were forcing me to not reply to him, but if I did please quote it.

I merely pointed out that you're telling me not to reply to him, to which I responded by telling you that I can respond to who I like and don't need to be told who not to respond to.

Anyway, congratulations for shifting this conversation away from football and into whether or not a poster is a troll.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Burlington Bolt Brother

Ratings:
    +162
    hollywood,
    not sure if you saw this through the projection storm:roflmao:

17. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,232
    If you say so. I have seen him on four forums. I call them as I see them.

But if you feel I am trying to derail your discussion I am not, so, please continue.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  18. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606

He won 7 last year with a worse roster, so your point is pretty weak. As an aside, be careful agreeing with Blitzy. He's insane. ;)

19. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,727
    It's occurring to me now that maybe I should have just used an "X" in my grading days…

(all kidding aside, I loved that example)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Jesse Kemp

Jesse Kemp BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +132
    I did know what I was doing and it wasn't a trick. Just some perspective on a trend that, while a reality, isn't universal.

21. Burlington Bolt Brother

Ratings:
    +162
    well you gained some fans with it! Just remember though that you earned them!:roflmao:

22. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +632
    Yo Norv!! Suck it!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,727
    Amen, brother!

How dare Norv say:

"If this team comes next year and they get some things done to help them get better and are able to make the
    playoffs, I would hope it would be a surprise to all the Chargers fans, and they would be excited about it"

when everyone knows that he was totally wrong…this team was always a lock for the playoffs…
    none of us was "surprised" ;) (in Norv's words)

(well, so long as Succop misses a very makable field goal)

C'mon, Norv said that Charger fans shouldn't take it for granted that the team (as of a year ago)
    was going to be in the playoffs, as they were his first 3 years. I think the heart attacks by fans today,
    and the realization that we were 2 feet of field goal from being 8-8 and not in the playoffs,
    suggests that Norv was absolutely accurate. (I know, we aren't allowed to admit anything positive, re. Norv)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  24. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,648
    Suck it long and suck it hard!

• Like Like x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  25. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    tl dnr
    Suck it Norv!!!

• Funny Funny x 3
  26. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,923
    Is Norv the new Marty?

Who woulda thunk it?

27. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,772
  28. Dominion Bolt

Dominion Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +104
    From what I read this afternoon, both Chud and Norv may be looking for work tomorrow.....

29. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    With Whizzer heading to DET, and Norv on the market....

30. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,923
    ROFL, somehow I doubt they go there.