1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

NORV IS THE BEST!!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by rickochey, May 9, 2012.

1. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    I thought I would be the first person to start this thread anywhere.

2. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +294
    Norv Turner aproves. :tup:
    113Div playoffs Not So Kitten Norv2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +294
    BUT DONT TELL ANYBODY ABOUT IT!

113Div playoffs Vincent Jackson.jpg

4. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +294
    Now that I think about it, this is the best one pic summation of the need for this thread:

113Div playoffs a confused manning.jpg

5. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,452
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    My biggest gripe about Norv is no matter what is going on in a game, we could be up by 3 or down by 20 he always looks the same.

[​IMG]

Im sure fans would cut the guy some slack if he actually showed something, anything!!! like he knows what he's doing or that he gives a crap

8. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,452
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,452
    You realize that that is complete bullshit, don't you? :rolleyes:

Norv shows plenty of emotion during a game, if you're paying attention. Just because he's not a constant screamer doesn't mean he's emotionless.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yeah you're right complete bull ****, he's the man of many faces what was I thinking:tdown:

11. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,452
    Really?....... a simple image search easily proves how bogus your remark was. :rolleyes:

You said that he didn't show any emotion (or show that he cared)...... that's just plain false. :tdown:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    I won't lie, the Norv "old-lady frown" is a lot more common than the Norv "rage-filled shout"

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    he either has the 'o-****' look, pissed off, or angry as hell look and is yelling at the ref. :roflmao:

14. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,358
    [​IMG]

15. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    Yeah the only time I see him get upset is when he wastes a time out on a stupid challenge, all I was saying was "Win the crowd win your freedom" Sorry maybe Im wrong I have been living in AZ for Norv's whole tenure so games a few and far between televised, so I take what I can get or find a sports bar that is showing the game but 99.9% I see frowny Norv.

Its apples and oranges maybe you see something I don't but next I bet you're going to tell me his interviews don't consist of

"Philip?!?! uhhh, he's uh getting better and better each week uhhhh we are working on a game plan uhhhh obviously when you expect something to work and it doesn't it quite frustrating uhhhhh"

16. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +905
    It's really this simple: the people who hate Norv will find each and every instance of anything that backs up their hatred of Norv, and will completely ignore anything that doesn't. I don't love Norv, but I don't have the irrational must hate Norv mindset. I would have liked to have seen a change at Head Coach, but now that Norv is here for another season, I'll have his back and hope for the best.

It does get tiresome to read Norv whining in the offseason. How about some of you Norv Whiners take a break and wait until there are actually games to resume your whining.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    I was just arguing my case with Blue, he called my B.S. when I said "people would probably have a different perspective on Norv if he showed a sign of looking like he cared instead of pouting" that is all. I don't think there is one person who is really content with him as our coach but like you said we have to cheer and hope for the best. One thing I do like is his QB friendly Coryell like offense, he took Marty ball and gave the keys to Rivers and let him open up with his true potential.

18. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    I'd like to nominate the above post for "Best Post of the Offseason" :tup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,452
    It's just a specious argument. The coaches demeanor has nothing to do with whether the fans get behind him. There's only one thing that will do that........ winning. More specifically, winning a championship.

Did Colts fans care that Dungy never showed emotion on the sideline? Not while they were winning. Do Patriot fans care that Belichick looks like a grumpy troll on the sideline? Not when you've won multiple Super Bowls. The coaches demeanor is unimportant.

Fans only really care about winning. If Norv wins a championship for the Bolts, nobody will give a **** about his expression on the sideline.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,358
    At another site I frequent, someone wrote they didn't like Norv because "he didn't look like a coach". :roflmao:

• Funny Funny x 3
  21. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,358
    You do realize the odds of that happening are greater than hitting back to back Megamillions lottos, right?

• Funny Funny x 1
  22. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,919
    If we blame everything on Norv we can feel better about our favorite team losing. :tup:

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    3 of my favorite coaches today are John Harbaugh, Mike Tomlin, and Jim Schwartz only Tomlin has taken his team to the promise land but the other 2 I really like because they show that Fire, they look like they will go into battle with their guys They will stand behind their players through thick and thin.

Just like in Baseball, players rally behind their coaches after they get ejected because the Manager fought for the players

Look at Jeff Fisher, never won a Super Bowl as a head coach but fans and players love him, they respect him. I know our players love Norv, but is it because he's soft?

The man I'm talking about I was only referring to as he looks like he's defeated before the game kicks off.

Belichick is the most disciplinary coach in football, he teaches you that you don't get to wear that Patriots jersey you have to earn it, if you fumble, if you aren't pulling your weight, you'll get benched. Someone else who wants it more than you do will step up and take your spot

I was speaking for myself when I said fans would cut him some slack if he showed a little more.
    I don't hate Norv its more frustration than anything

I said all I want to say. You may not agree with my opinion but its just that my opinion

• Like Like x 1
  24. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +294
    Yep. Because Norv is not but hopefully soon will be a Charger. Or kick his *** out the door.

25. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,763
    Spanos could hire Vince fawking Lombardi and the same whining crew would find something to b1tch about. In 10 River's was elite, last year he was dead meat. San Diego fans are like the waves on the sea, in and out and never steady.

26. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,452
    Sounds like drunk sex. ;)

27. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,358
    How would you know? :roflmao:

28. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,632
  29. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,696
    Nobody complained when we went 13-3 a couple years ago, or 11-5 in '07.

I think we showed him ample respect in those seasons, but now we're just tired of losing, made more so by the fact that we finally have most of the parts required to win consistently.

30. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,626