1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Norv is turning the players into pussies

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by 400HZ, Sep 24, 2007.

1. 400HZ

400HZ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    Seriously. Did anybody watch NFL Primetime on ESPN today? They did a nice long segment on how crappy the Chargers are. Most of the guy on that show are complete tools, but Ditka usually makes pretty good points and he brought it right up. The Chargers are playing like pussies. We're getting dominated in the trenches. No run blocking and no pass rush.

They were breaking down tape from last year against Seattle when we were just running straight into 8 and 9 man fronts. McNeill was blowing people up. Dielman was leaving cleat marks on whoever happened to get in front of him. Hardwick was getting down field and taking out linebackers. Goff was pulling like a man and laying some wood. Hell, even Olivea wasn't ****ing up. So even though Rivers couldn't complete a pass to save his life in that game (until 2:00) and we were running straight into a stacked box, LT and MT were still getting run lanes and producing.

Then they showed Green Bay. Green Bay wasn't even stacking the box on a lot of plays!! The run blocking was just atrocious. Absolutely atrocious. Our linemen aren't sticking on their blocks and they aren't getting any push at all. I don't buy this bullshit that we've just played good defenses. Our O line dominated NE in the trenches last year and then looked like a bunch of weak kneed ****wits this year.

I knew our line was sucking this year, but I didn't realize how bad it was until Ditka broke the tape down. Norv turned the best unit in the NFL into garbage. Thanks AJ. Our team isn't going to do **** until somebody fixes the pansy mentality that everybody has right now.

2. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

We didn't!!
    New England has a decent defense but we made then look like the 2000 Ravens!!
    Green Bay has a solid defense at best!!

Besides, isn't our new coach suppose to be "The offensive Guru?!!!"

3. AthensPhilipRiversFan

AthensPhilipRiversFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +331
    Norv is turning the players into......

i agree with what ya saying. i saw it too. made me sick.

but i have to ask...(not just you but to all u men out there who do this).....cause this is just one of my major pet peeves....

anyhow, WHY do yall always find the ultimate insult is to call other men the one word that supposedly is the one thing in the world that all you men want, desire, live for, can't wait to get,never get enough of...etc. etc. and i aint referring to a kitty cat....

i'm sorry but that just grates on my nerves like fingernails on a chalkboard. its on ur minds 24/7 and u're always talking about it...then....ya men turn around and use it as an insult to describe other men???

okay. i'm through with that rant. :icon_tease:

but yes...this team is beginning to look like a buncha toddlers on the playground jealous over who gets the most attention.

4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

lol. Because that thing you are referring to is soft and delicate like a flower.

You don't want your players like that and men don't want to be that way in general!!! :icon_eek: :lol:

5. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243

It's a guy thing. Always has been, always will be. It's like burping and farting and scratching. We just do it because we're guys.

I wish you ladies would quit trying to change us, and just accept the fact that we are lazy, stupid, and inconsiderate Neanderthals. :yes:

6. AthensPhilipRiversFan

Ratings:
    +331

oh well...i asked the question...i shoulda been ready for the answers...:icon_tease:

7. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    haha ohh so true San Diego Snatches is our new name with the new Uni's!

8. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321

cuz "pink taco" ain't happenin.... :icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  9. AthensPhilipRiversFan

Ratings:
    +331

ah shammy...i aint never tried to change yall Neanderthals....i just have blonde moments when i try to understand yall. :icon_huh:

but the "its a guy thang" makes a bit of sense to me. i still dont get it cause its a total contradiction...but then again...so are men! LOL

• Like Like x 1
  10. AthensPhilipRiversFan

Ratings:
    +331
    WHO IS THRESA AND WHAT'D SHE LIE ABOUT? :icon_evil:

much love,

Teresa (who btw only speaks da truth, da whole truth and nuttin but the truth):tup:

11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

There's some things that women say and do that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to us.

You hit different places running on testosterone then you do on estrogen!!! :yes:

12. AthensPhilipRiversFan

Ratings:
    +331

NO! then u'd really see me mad instead of it just bugging me. that's one of them words i'd defintely prefer to not see on a football message board.

i just really find it funny when i hear it cause i'm thinkin...that makes bout as much sense as me calling somebody "CHOCOLATE" and meaning it in a put down kinda way. :lol:

13. AthensPhilipRiversFan

Ratings:
    +331

so true!

14. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    that sounds like the chargers OL has a major problem with motivation

that would lead to it being dropped at Turner's feet but I don't see anything concrete connecting the two.

15. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    I think its the OC fault for all the crap that has been happening! You suck ANT!

16. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    They have the same offensive line coaches, so do you suppose Norv issued a directive for them to play worse?

17. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    screw you fairweather :flag:

18. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    I say we tank the season get a great pick and steal Manusky back from San Fran. This team is soft as hell. Norv is soft as hell and with LT naturally being soft as hell and being the supposed leader and exemplar of the team, you are just making it worse. I don't give a **** if you blame it on the o-line, it is LT's job to light a fire under their asses if they're not playing well. Our team isn't a self motivating team. You want a self motivating team you bring in players whose parents tragically died or who grew up in Africa as boy soldiers being forced to kill people. Not a bunch of pussies like Igor and Florence and McCrap and Hart. I am going to root for the Niners this season if the continue to play like pussies because the Niners don't fuc around with my boys P Willy, VD and Manusky.

19. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86

No but as the head coach and overall leader of the team you could make a comment that he may not be motivating his players and coaches to play at as high of a level as they have in the past...much less improve.

Who has improved this year? Last year we could point to several guys and say "he's getting better" this year I don't know who that would be, but you could point to a dozen or so and say he's not playing as well as he did at the same point last year.

That, is coaching and motivation.

• Like Like x 1
  20. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494

Every bit of it is true.
    I need to get off the forums for a while...I'm getting sick. Time for a breather.

• Like Like x 1
  21. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

:icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  22. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

:tup: :tup: :tup:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

23. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I have been saying it until I am blue in the face.

WE NEED BEEF.

Olivea is a POS. That guy belongs as a third stringer in the CFL.

Goff is too damn slow but bless his heart, the dude gives it his all. He is a back up at best. Hardwick :icon_rofl: man oh man. I have read posters in here who think he is Top 5 material and others who think he is even better. :yes: :tdown: That group speak for itself. When I see my Center get manhandled and thrown back in to the QB (one time I saw a good block downfield in the Bears game) and the rest of the time Hardwick needs a guard to chip or a Manu at the halfback spot as a blocker to help his ***. Asking him to do it alone - yeah right.

If there was anytime to "open the playbook", the last three weeks should have provided ample opportunity.

I strongly suspect we are seeing our Ferrari as wide open as it gets right now for Uncle Norv and Uncle Cottrell. :icon_eek:

24. BestInTheWest

BestInTheWest Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16
    IIRC, last year, our oline played like a bunch of pussies up until KC called them soft after they beat us.

I guess they became so offended that they started mauling people the rest of the season. So much so that LT went over 100 yards in 9 consecutive weeks. :icon_eek:

• Like Like x 1
  25. MONDO.

MONDO. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +36
    I agree that we are playing pretty clitish right now but to say ol' labia-neck norv is the cause may be a stretch... All in all no matter what play or lack of play the coaches call should have no influence on us getting pushed around like late-night joggers into bushes. We need to man up and knock fools on their asses, then worry about the play developing from there.

I know that the blame falls on Norv, but really is it his old *** out there getting punked, no... its our linemen on both sides OL and DL we just look not ready... I don't know what it is going to take to get these guys to play with some more fire but once we do the offense will look "genius" as promised, and once the D-Line earns the opposing offenses respect, merriman and the rest of our backers will be causing the damage we have learned to love...

my 2 cents anyways... :bolt:

26. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,930
    then how do you explain how that same group blew people away last year but are getting blown away now

27. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    [trumpy]because they were dogshit last year, duh[/trumpy]

28. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    This OL is proven. Only an idiot would claim they need to be replaced. It's probably the best group in the NFL. They need someone to light a fire under them. They need an OC to give them a good mix of plays to make teams pay for putting 8 or 9 in the box. They need Rivers to make quicker decisions and get rid of the ball quicker.

Only a fool would want to replace our OL.