1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

NORV MUST GO

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by VJ IS THE MAN!!!!!, Nov 20, 2011.

1. VJ IS THE MAN!!!!!

VJ IS THE MAN!!!!! BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. boltup2011

boltup2011 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Timeout then a challenge. How does he have a job?

3. VJ IS THE MAN!!!!!

VJ IS THE MAN!!!!! BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    This guy is a great offensive mind they say but the rest he needs help finding!

4. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    I am so lost for words. I remember when he was introduced as the new HC the entire city of SD gulped and the rest of the NFL laughed. And now it is time to laugh.

5. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    Norv is a ******* idiot. I hope he gets fired and never has a job. No team should have this disgusting excuse for a football team.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    In Norv's defense (I know, sacrilege, but please indulge me), the game plan was pretty good. The offense moved the ball well, until PR imploded in the 4th.

The timeout/challenge was questionable, but in the end irrelevant.

I am, however, ready for him to move on, especially if the team crashes down the stretch.

7. clayton19

clayton19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    This has to be the final nail in the coffin. As an Illini & Charger fan, I already knew the end result when the hire was made. I had seen this story before with Ron Turner

8. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    You aren't wrong, I was impressed with the game plan in the first half. BUT, the other MAJOR game management idiocy was not calling a timeout before the Bears TD at the end of the half. 55 seconds on the clock and we had two timeouts. USE ONE AND GIVE US A CHANCE TO ANSWER THEIR SCORE!!!

I've been forgiving in the past, but I'm done dealing with this guy. He has failed enough in key situations to not have any faith or rely on the good moments. As soon as we are eliminated from contention he should be fired.

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    Both Rivers and Norv had good games up until the fourth when both imploded to such a degree as to be inexcusable. Craig Elsten (sp?) had a good point; it's like a master chef serving raw chicken, you just don't do that no matter how bad of a day you've had.

• Like Like x 1
  10. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    NORV must be the ultimate BS artist to sell people on his ability to be any kind of caoch or Coordinator. A normal coach would address the 'fumbling' issues and the INTs. That needs to be this Morons first priority. He has ignored this problem for WAY to long. He can't think under pressure.

11. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    I think Norv's lack of time out at the end of the first half is unforgivable. No reason not to use one and it would have gotten us at least 3 more points in the first half.

12. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    I can't stand up for Norv anymore.. Yes the gameplan was good.. but what type of halftime speech did he deliver? When you have 0 turnovers in the first half.. then give 3 away the next half and get 0 - YES PEOPLE ZERO YARDS in the 4th quarter thats embarrassing...

we had excellent field postion on two turnovers and failed to score any points..

I'm just done with this ****.. we have to win 6 straight.. after losing 5 straight.. seasons pretty much over..

13. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Yes,, Norv is 3-3... he has single handedly screwed up three NFL teams... AJ is 1-1 and Dean is still on track for 1-1. With the way Dean pulls his skirt up over his head and runs are some of you sure you still want John Spanos to be the next GM?

14. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    YES! I was like "WTF?" Why wouldn't we want roughly a minute to try and get in position for at least a field goal.

15. gonzokrb

gonzokrb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64
    This morning on the Charger home page, Dean Spanos talking SSHit about supporting NORV! I am to the point that I can't listen to the NORVOUS B.S. after game interview. Butthead NORV doesn't challenge the first half bad spot on the Tolbert 3rd down run but calls a time out and then challenges a no win call in the 4th and burns our remaining timeouts!! I don't think we have a snowballs chance in HHell of getting rid of NORVOUS and AJ in the foreseeable future!:mad:

16. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Norv was proven right on the challenge and never should have asked for it after the time out. I'm sure he was told from upstairs to throw the red flag, thus putting big time pressure on the offense to win the game. It was obvious the defense shot it's wad in the first half and wasn't up for a second run. It never should have come down to that but it is in the current MO of this team. winds of change have to be on the horizon.

17. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Face it the time out/challenge meant nothing nada. The INT Rivers tossed ended the game. We had no use for those time outs anyway.

Heck, how many people would be slaughtering Norv if he DIDNT challenge? Face it, he is damed if he does, damed if he doesnt.

18. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I think it's time for Norv to move down or on. I don't hate the guy and I do believe he is a great coach or he wouldn't still be getting checks. He's just not the right guy for this team and I really wanted him to be. There couldn't have been a much better story than to have Norv come into Dego and win the Lombardi but it's looking more and more oblique.

• Like Like x 1
  19. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    I have to like this thread. When we hired Norv I cringed but I was hoping he was the real deal. But now as the entire country laughed at the hiring it is apparent that they were right.

20. Moses

Moses Can You Stand The Rain?

Ratings:
    +358
    Too many mistakes, too many chokes, too many give-away games, and too much wasted potential, it was time a long time ago for him to bounce, now it's long overdue and that dude needs to be gone at the end of the season, and to be honest probably AJ too.

This team should've won a superbowl, they were the leaders of that team that failed to lead them to it, they deserve to be shown the door.

The latest in a series of epic chokes has a 4-1 team now at 4-6 and literally choking EVERY SINGLE WEEK, throwing away game after game. Can anyone tell me we shouldn't at least have won 2 or mroe of the 5 in a row we just lost?

21. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,413
    I've been patient with Norv Turner, I've even avoided being drawn in by his provocative rhetoric. But I've finally had enough. Before I begin, let me point out that anything may happen if Norv is able to let down ladders that the soporific, obstinate, and insolent scramble to climb. The most inattentive individuals you'll ever see may twist the history, sociology, and anthropology disseminated by our mass media and in our children's textbooks. Ignorant warlords may pass off all sorts of unholy and obviously crime-stained stuff on others as a so-called "inner experience". And drugged-out yahoos may deny that I, unlike Norv, refuse to subject human beings to indignities. To say anything else would be a lie.
    I have not forgotten that Norv's activities are related to the elements and bases of exhibitionism both organizationally and ideologically. I have not forgotten that I am burning to know what sorts of crude, twisted reasons exist in the heads of those who condone universal oppression. And I cannot forget that one does not have to damn this nation and this world to Hell in order to fight to the end for our ideas and ideals. It is a disdainful person who believes otherwise. The implications of effete scapegoatism may seem theoretical, but they have concrete meaning for thousands of people. I am aggrieved by Norv's use of antinomianism to create a system of terrorism characterized by confidential files, closed courts, gag orders, and statutory immunity. Don't make the mistake of thinking otherwise. Norv does, and that's why he wants me to stop trying to reinforce what is best in people. Instead, he'd rather I play right into the hands of craven politicos. Sorry, but I don't accept defeat that easily.
    I intend to drag Norv in front of a tribunal and try him for his crimes against humanity. That's the path that I have chosen. It's certainly not an easy path, but then again, Norv contends that space aliens are out to lay eggs in our innards or ooze their alien hell-slime all over us and that, therefore, cameralism is a wonderful thing. This bizarre pattern of thinking leads to strange conclusions. For example, it convinces predaceous wisenheimers (as distinct from the eccentric power brokers who prefer to chirrup while hopping from cloud to cloud in Nephelococcygia) that Norv's hatchet jobs are intelligent, commonsensical, and entirely consonant with the views of ordinary people. In reality, contrariwise, I recently heard Norv tell a bunch of people that it is bloodthirsty to question his mind games. I can't adequately describe my first reaction to this notion; I simply don't know how to represent uncontrollable laughter in text.
    Norv has a driving need to encourage every sort of indiscipline and degeneracy in the name of freedom. But it goes further than that; his statements such as "Norv's teachings are Right with a capital R" indicate that we're not all looking at the same set of facts. Fortunately, these facts are easily verifiable with a trip to the library by any open and honest individual.
    Norv claims that his slogans prevent smallpox. Sound suspicious? Demented is a better word. His eccentricity is surpassed only by his vanity and his vanity is surpassed only by his empty theorizing. (Remember his theory that a knowledge of correct diction, even if unused, evinces a superiority that covers cowardice or stupidity?) Accompanying this recognition of the indeterminateness of verifiability with regard to an external, objective reality has been a crisis regarding our ability to know that this is not a question of nativism or neocolonialism. Rather, it is a question about how on the issue of insurrectionism, Norv is wrong again. Sure, he spews out so many falsehoods, distortions, and half-truths, that rebuttal requires some lengthy documentation. But Norv, already oppressive with his jealous monographs, will perhaps be the ultimate exterminator of our human species—if separate species we be—for his reserve of unguessed horrors could never be borne by mortal brains if loosed upon the world. If you think that that's a frightening thought then consider that Norv says that he possesses infinite wisdom. I've seen more plausible things scrawled on the bathroom walls in elementary schools.
    The key point here is that Norv's operatives have the gall to accuse me of convincing people that their peers are already riding the Norv Turner bandwagon and will think ill of them if they don't climb aboard, too. Were these unsophisticated, duplicitous Philistines born without a self-awareness gene? Apparently, even know-it-all Norv doesn't know the answer to that one. It wouldn't even matter much if he did, given that sometimes I think that he is simply a willing pawn of those ophidian mountebanks who poison the air, water, and soil. I typically drop that willing-pawn notion, however, whenever I remember that Norv needs to stop living in denial. He needs to wake up and realize that if there's an untold story here, it's that he operates on an international scale to create a climate in which it will be assumed that our achievements reflect not individual worth, talent, or skill, but special consideration. It's only fitting, therefore, that we, too, work on an international scale, but to encourage individuals to come out of their cocoons and flourish.
    Norv is morally debased and has no convictions of right or wrong. It may be more correct, however, to say that if we don't soon tell him to stop what he's doing, he will proceed with his pouty obiter dicta, considerably emboldened by our lack of resistance. We will have tacitly given him our permission to do so.
    There's a time to keep silent and a time to speak. There's a time to love and a time to hate. There's a time for war and a time for peace. And, I contend, there's a time to take away as many of Norv's opportunities for mischief as possible. Or, to put it less poetically, if anything, Norv wants to adopt approaches that have not been tested to try to solve problems that have not been well-defined. You know what groups have historically wanted to do the same thing? Fascists and Nazis. If Norv can overawe and befuddle a sufficient number of prominent individuals then it will become virtually impossible for anyone to resolve a number of lingering problems.
    If we foreground the cognitive and emotional palette of Norv's goofy subliminal psywar campaigns rather than their pathology we can enter vitally into his world. Why do we want to do that? Because every so often you'll see Norv lament, flog himself, cry mea culpa for teaching the next generation how to hate—and whom to hate—and vow never again to be so vindictive. Sadly, he always reverts to his old behavior immediately afterwards, making me think that I have one itsy-bitsy problem with his bruta fulmina. Videlicet, they use "pressure tactics"—that's a euphemism for "torture"—to coerce ordinary people into disparaging and ridiculing our traditional heroes and role models. And that's saying nothing about how if his anecdotes get any more prissy, I expect they'll grow legs and attack me in my sleep.
    When I first became aware of Norv's covert invasion into our thought processes, all I could think was how Norv is like a magician who produces a dove in one hand while the other hand is busy trying to make people weak and dependent. Surprisingly, he claims to favor the teaching of critical thinking in schools. You should beware of such claims from Norv, though. To him, "critical thinking" is a code word for "correct" thinking where "correct" means "pro-Bulverism". In my opinion, it would be better for students to learn that Norv plans to abridge our basic civil liberties any day now. I'd like to see him try to get away with such a plan; that should be good for a laugh. You see, most people have already observed that Norv has blood on his hands. Yet he pretends to be an innocent lamb who has our best interests at heart. We all know the reality: If Norv really had our best interests at heart, he wouldn't exploit the feelings of charity and guilt that many people have over the plight of the homeless. Sorry for babbling so much, but Norv Turner may come to represent the most insidious corruption of ideals yet.

22. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I hate your copy paste angst letters...

23. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,413
    Before Concudan starts ripping tendons and ligaments with his typical knee-jerk reaction to my posts, he should realize that he takes a perverse pleasure in watching people scurry about like rats in a maze, never quite managing to punish Concudan for his mutinous bunco games. Please note that many of the conclusions I'm about to draw are based on cogent and virtually incontrovertible evidence provided by a set of people who have suffered immensely on account of Concudan. Though the neopaganism-prone spring up like grass and treasonous polluters flourish, they are doomed to be destroyed forever—especially if we lend a helping hand. In particular, the pen is a powerful tool. Why don't we use that tool to cross-examine Concudan's unrealistic recommendations?

However, Concudan occasionally writes posts accusing me and my friends of being antihumanist geeks. These posts are typically couched in gutter language (which is doubtless the language in which Concudan habitually thinks) and serve no purpose other than to convince me that he's trying to hide the fact that with all their sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, his prank phone calls are thoroughly sanctimonious. Nevertheless, one thing that rings true with crystalline clarity is that Concudan says that society is screaming for his hatchet jobs. Hey, Concudan, how about telling us the truth for once? I imagine that if we can understand what has caused the current plague of hostile vigilantes, I believe that we can then nourish children with good morals and self-esteem. I've received appreciative notes from academic psychologists and students of culture who deplore the misapplication of their subjects by ideologues like Concudan. That sounds really lackluster, but I definitely aver that it's an accurate assessment of the situation. He loves getting up in front of people and telling them that he is always being misrepresented and/or persecuted. He then boasts about how he'll conceal information and, occasionally, blatantly lie quicker than you can double-check the spelling of "individualistic". It's all part of the media spectacle that is Concudan. Of course, he soaks it up and wallows in it like a pig in mud. Speaking of pigs and mud, the scurrilous bribe-seekers that comprise Concudan's posse are as thick as thieves. If one of them is willing to deliver an additional blow to dignity and self-worth, then they all are. What's more, none of them is able to accept that Concudan plans to offer stones instead of bread to the emotional and spiritual hungers of the world. He has instructed his lieutenants not to discuss this or even admit to his plan's existence. Obviously, Concudan knows he has something to hide.

I have the following advice for Concudan: If you can't manage to be grateful for all the things we've done for you, at least have a little dignity, don't whine, and don't expect to be treated like a fragile doll just because you have a theatrically hypersensitive soul and delusions of entitlement. Looking at it on the bright side, he insists that all major world powers are controlled by a covert group of "insiders". Sorry, Concudan, but, with apologies to Gershwin, "it ain't necessarily so." I can repeat with undiminished conviction something I said eons ago: I want to criticize his complicity in the widespread establishment of ageism. But first, let me pose an abstract question. Why can't we all just get along? I once asked Concudan that question—I am still waiting for an answer. In the meantime, let me point out that Concudan apparently believes that fogyism is a wonderful thing. You and I know better than that. You and I know that Concudan is not a responsible citizen. Responsible citizens shed a little light on some of the ignorant prejudices that reside within his pea-sized brain. Responsible citizens indeed do not sacrifice children on the twin altars of Jacobinism and greed.

Accordingly, Concudan's hypocrisy is transparent. Even the least discerning among us can see right through it. According to Concudan, anyone who points this out is guilty of spreading lies, smears, and vandalism, yes. But it's a pity that two thousand years after Christ, the voices of aberrant, cankered malingerers like Concudan can still be heard, worse still that they're listened to, and worst of all that anyone believes them. His cop-outs are rife with contradictions and difficulties; they're entirely uncompanionable, meet no objective criteria, and are unsuited for a supposedly educated population. And as if that weren't enough, like many complacent, blowsy radicals, he ignores the realities that contradict his wishful thinking. Do I blame society for this? No, I blame Concudan.

Concudan thinks we want him to dig a grave in which to bury liberty and freedom. Excuse me, but maybe he claims that things have never been better. I respond that his attempts to dominate or intimidate others are just a game to him. I recently overheard a couple of shameless propagandists say that if he kicks us in the teeth we'll then lick his toes and beg for another kick. Here, again, we encounter the blurred thinking that is characteristic of this Concudan-induced era of slogans and propaganda.

If Concudan can't be reasoned out of his prejudices, he must be laughed out of them. If Concudan can't be argued out of his selfishness, he must be shamed out of it. Dishonest, deplorable nepotism is a disgrace to humanity but it cannot be eliminated by moral lectures or by pious intentions. No, it can be eradicated only if we examine the social and cultural conditions that lead him to channel the pursuit of scientific knowledge into a narrow band of accepted norms that are based exclusively on his unpleasant shell games. His representatives employ carefully developed psychological techniques to impinge upon our daily lives. The facts are indisputable, the arguments are impeccable, and the consequences are undeniable. So why does he think that it is not only acceptable but indeed desirable to undermine serious institutional and economic analyses and replace them with a diverting soap opera of vengeful conspiracies? It would take days to give the complete answer to that question but the gist of it is that if Concudan thinks that the average working-class person can't see through his chicanery, then he's sadly mistaken.

If you're interested in the finagling, double-dealing, chicanery, cheating, cajolery, cunning, rascality, and abject villainy by which Concudan may make things worse by the next full moon, then you'll want to consider the following very carefully. You'll especially want to consider that I am certain that if I asked the next person I meet if he would want Concudan to reward mediocrity, he would say no. Yet we all stand idly by while Concudan claims that he acts in the public interest. In his limited horizon he himself is the important object. As a sequence to this self-conceit, Concudan imagines that at birth every living being is assigned a celestial serial number or frequency power spectrum. We therefore need to explain to him that I am not fooled by his delusional and eristic rhetoric. I therefore gladly accept the responsibility of notifying others that I once told Concudan that longiloquent, unctuous varmints generally sit on their hands doing nothing while the rest of us are out searching for solutions that are more creative and constructive than the typically cacodemonic ones championed by appalling tossers. How did he respond to that? He proceeded to curse me off using a number of colorful expletives not befitting this post, which serves only to show that Concudan unequivocally believes that the laws of nature don't apply to him. What kind of Humpty-Dumpty world is he living in? If you insist that all it takes to solve our social woes are shotgun marriages, heavy-handed divorce laws, and a return to some mythical 1950s Shangri-la then you won't understand my answer no matter how carefully I explain it. You won't understand my answer if you believe that cell-phone towers are in fact covert mind-control devices that use scalar waves to beam images into people's brains while they sleep. However, you have a chance at understanding my answer if you're open-minded enough to realize that Concudan is secretly planning to overthrow democratic political systems. I realize that that may sound rather conspiratorial and far-fetched to most people, which is why you need to understand that if Concudan were paying attention—which it would seem he is not, as I've already gone over this—he'd see that I am honestly not up on the latest gossip. Still, I have heard people say that he might sensationalize all of the issues by the end of the decade. What are we to do then? Place blinders over our eyes and hope we don't see the horrible outcome?

It has been said that Concudan's greed will be his undoing. I, in turn, claim that I am deliberately using colorful language in this post. I am deliberately using provocative phrases that I hope will stick in the minds of my readers. I do ensure, however, that my words are always appropriate and accurate and clearly explain how Concudan's idolators often reverse the normal process of interpretation. That is, they value the unsaid over the said, the obscure over the clear.

I try never to argue with Concudan because it's clear he's not susceptible to reason. He accuses me of being impolite in my responses to his bleeding-heart, uneducated manifestos. Let's see: Concudan disgorges his disparaging and arrogant comments on a topic of which he is wholly ignorant, and he expects a polite reply? What is he, uncouth?

Concudan unquestionably yearns for the Oriental despotisms of pre-Hellenic times, the neolithic culture that preceded the rise of self-consciousness and egoism. By the same token, he abhors the current era, in which people are free to discuss the advantages of two-parent families, the essential role of individual and family responsibility, the need for uniform standards of civil behavior, and the primacy of the work ethic. We can no longer afford to do nothing about his uncongenial stratagems. Instead, we must strike while the iron is hot and carry out the famous French admonition, écrasez l'infâme!, against Concudan's epithets. In closing, Concudan's vexatious revenge fantasies offer only false hopes.

24. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  25. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,378

Oh fark NOOOOOO CBF ..................my head is already spinning like a sparrow in a Twister.

More cowbell might just send me over the edge.

26. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  27. Moses

Moses Can You Stand The Rain?

Ratings:
    +358
    Someone said above about hiring Winston Moss as HC and hoping he brings Dom Capers with him to run the D, this would be a great scenario in my opinion, got repsect for both of them dudes, both would be strong additions to our coaching staff, definite upgrades on Norv and Manusky