1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Norv Turner a Top ten coach in the league...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Zeus, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
  2. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    These guys say B4L is not a football fan... :lol:

:icon_tease:

3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I'm sorry but it sounds like these guys are already drunk on these buffalo wins as they mention.

First they say "Norv's been successful everywhere he's been," then they say "he failed in his first two attempts as HC."
    They also say that "the Redskins haven't been to the playoffs since Norv." That's not true. Gibbs got them there when he returned.

Now before anybody gets upset, all I am doing is pointing out these so called expert's mistakes. That is all.

4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

LOL. I think you and Loren could do better than these guys... just wait till after the podcast to dig into those wings!!! :lol:

5. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83

So you like Tofu wings?

To be fair, if you were paying attention, there was more than one guy talking. One said Norv was successful everywhere, I assume in some manner other than just being a HC. He hasn't been a failure everywhere, like you like to point out.

Their conflicting information might be due to the number of people talking and the inability to continue a thought before it is interrupted.

They made some mistakes, like live shows tend to do, however they made a lot of good points as well. Even with an ability to type, think about responses and go over what we write, there are still plenty of mistakes.

Suffice to say it is as well done, if not better, than all the Anti-Norv talk.

I don't see you go after anyone saying that Norv is responsible for the Raiders. Fact is in both cases both teams have done NOTHING when Norv left.

6. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    BTW if someone asks the question is Norv Turner underrated.

I think looking at how negative the fans and some media. Saying he is the worst coach in the sports world and the history of the NFL, so says one site, that he is underrated.

I am sure if you ask any player and coach if Norv Turner is the worst HC in the league since he has been here all would say "no".

• Like Like x 1
  7. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

This discussion was specifically about Norv as a HC. So his success as an OC is irrelevant to this discussion!

Again... the last time the Skins made the playoffs was not under Norv and they specifically stated that it was.

As I said "all I am doing is pointing out these so called expert's mistakes." Very easy to understand!

8. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    :icon_rofl:

9. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,554
  10. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    Punditoids are so fickle. A month ago there were columns like this that had him in the worst coaches below mangini.... Now coach of the year... wtf?

11. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    Here's my assessment of Norv's high profile gigs:
    Dallas as OC: Developed Troy Aikman into a HOF QB

Washington as HC: Had to deal with Daniel Snyder's meddling and poor personnel decisions - to date, no one has been able to do anything with the skins under the current ownership. I consider this a no win scenario for any coach

Oakland as HC: See Washington comments above, substitute "Cryptkeeper" for "Daniel Snyder"

San Diego as HC: 2 AFC West division championships and 3 playoff wins in his first two seasons.

Admittedly, it will take 1 or more Super Bowl victories for some people to give him any credit...but we can't win it all if we don't get to the playoffs and so far under Norv's tenure we have had the oportunities. Am I satisfied?...No. Am I encouraged?...you betcha!