1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Norv Turner had a premonition they’d be playing the Jets.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    And head coach Norv Turner actually had a premonition.

The Chargers, having already played the Bengals, spent its time last week working mostly on their own issues. But they also looked ahead to things the Patriots and Jets do specifically. And before the coaches disbanded for the weekend, he predicted they’d be playing the Jets.

“The Jets are playing with a lot of confidence,” he said. “... It was a shot in the dark, but I had a feeling.”

2. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148

That's the only thing that really scares me about this game... They played off the hook good v Cincy... And Rex has them thinking about the prize...

We can compete against any D in the league, this I know... But a team that "truly" thinks they have a shot is tough to beat. I hope we are thinking the same way.

3. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    Yea the JETS did a good job beating a Bengals team that gave up, with an injured 2nd receiver. Good that they forced the Bengals to miss those field goals and overthrow all those wide open receivers giving Palmer plenty of time in the pocket.

I especially how they were off the hook giving near 10 yards per carry to Benson.

4. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Eerie Beenie, Cherry Beenie_Yee spirits are about to speak!!

5. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Unless Rivers decides to play like Palmer we should win this game. The Bengals had a shot and they were pretty awful.

6. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    The only reason the jets are hot is because 2 teaks laid down for them, then one of those teams couldn't get back up.

I see this one going the same way as the Titans game: Score early, score often, watch them fold in a mess of mistakes.

7. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    The Jet's wont be beating anyone this weekend except for themselves. The Bolt's on a bad day are better than the Jet's on their best day.

The people, along with the team from NY will be shaking their heads not know what the hell just happened to them. It will be a Bolt beat down, score quick, score often cruise through the second half.

8. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Did they really play THAT good? Cincy was atrocious. Palmer was overthrowing open receivers and Cincy's kicker missed two chip shot field goals. Offensively, the Jets played about as well as they possibly could and managed to score 24. That's their ceiling. I just don't see alot to be scared of in this game. It's not going to be a cakewalk, but as long as the Chargers play to their potential, the Jets cannot hang with them.

9. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Exactly. Cincy played like **** and still had a chance to win that game.

10. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    For the record I also believe the Bolts will put a beat down on the Jets this weekend but I will also say that regardless of how the Jets got in, they are peaking at a good time and they also have extreme confidence in themselves and their coach and that could be a scary thing. Many talked about the confidence that the Bolts had in years past and how that would help propel them in the playoffs. Well, what's good for the goose.....you know the saying. If it was suppose to help our team then you have to believe it is going to help the Jets. Now player for player they don't even come close to matching up with us but I will move cautiously ahead. :icon_party:

11. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    ^^^This^^^ :icon_toast::yes:

12. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    If the Bolt's lose this game it's all on the player's. In fact there is no way in heck we should lose this game.

We wont be out coached and we do have a better core group than most NFL team's. If the Bolt's go all bonehead and play stupid then they deserve to lose. Then AJ should clean house and get player's that want to win.

13. biggs

biggs BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Player for player they don't match up? Outside of the QB and the TE the match ups are pretty close with the Jets having the far better OL and secondary.

QB is the big advantage, if Sanchez doesn't melt down the match up's really don't look to bad for the Jets.

14. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96
    I stopped reading here.

Your O-line might be paid more than ours, but ours not only is comprable in terms of starter production, but also has more depth than you could ever match.

I am sure Freeney thought the same thing when he went unabated to Sanchez twice.

Secondary, let's see...

You have Revis, but it stops there. Jammer and Cro are a comparable 1-2 to Revis-Sheppard, and the only thing big about about your safety corps is its mouth (Rhodes). We have one of the best safety groups in the league, legitimately 4-deep and led by one of the most reliable in the game (Weddle).

But I agree, the Jets have bigger names on their team. That's it.

15. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I would agree that player for player you guys might match up. But, I'll put our depth against anybody in the league

:tup:

16. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    NOrv's just thinking the obvious. the reason the jits are still playing football is the colts gave them the game. Then the jits played the very beat up weak cinci bengals twice to get where they are at now. BAsically the jits were handed where they're at now in the playoffs.:yes:

Chargers still have to go out there and play their game though. And put a beating on the jits.:yes:

17. biggs

biggs BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    The Chargers deserve to be the big favorite for one reason the QB. Most important position on the field and the Chargers have a real good one and the Jets have a potential real good one who is still in diapers.

With all the talk about the Jets D matching up with the Chargers O, the Jets chances really ride on their OL being able to consistently get to the second level against the Chargers D. This is a very good OL but that's a tall task against a D that's going to squeeze all game.

18. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Well, I'm not sure why you would matchup the QB vs. the QB, since they don't play against one another. If you look at the Bolts passing game versus the Jets pass defense, I think it favors the Chargers. The Jets have a very good pass defense, but they don't generate alot of pressure. When Rivers has time, he picks apart defenses. Revis is a stud, but the other LBs and secondary members will not be able to cover the Bolts myriad of weapons. The Jets should be able to contain the Chargers running game, though I think the Chargers rushing game will be better than people expect, since our pro bowl center is finally back healthy.

Jets rushing game will get some yards, but I don't think their passing game matches up well at all with the Bolts pass defense. Sanchez has been mediocre this year, and the Jets will not win this game with Sanchez throwing 10-15 passes.

19. biggs

biggs BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    The Jets Pass D is the best in the league and it's not even close. Good active linebackers and a nice package of safties and CB to go with Revis who right now is probably the best cover guy in the league.

That said the rules totally favor the passing game and a well executed passing O with multiple weapons like the Chargers have is basically unstopable. The rules and the refs have made it virtually impossible to stop a well orchestrated pass O run by a talented trigger man.

The Jets have a great run OL and a very tough young back coupled with a decent veteran cut back runner who makes teams pay for over pursuit.

We also have a very underated WR in Cotchery who was hurt much of the year and looks to be fully recovered. A very fast good young TE and an absolute physical beast who unfortunately can't catch the ball.

The Jets can score passing the ball and Sanchez is a huge NFL talent. The Jets don't want to depend on him because he gets fooled but if they have to and he's comfortable he can throw the football.

The reality is the Jets are playing with house money. Rookie QB and HC in their first year with a road playoff game in the bank. I think the team is going to be pretty loose and play well.

The Chargers have one of the two elite AFC teams in a down year for the AFC. There's a ton of pressure on the Chargers to finally live up to the SB talent they have had for the last 4 years now.

20. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Well, the Chargers certainly are under more pressure than the Jets, but I'm not sure that's a bad thing. The Jets have already outperformed expectations.

I know that the Jets have the best pass defense in the league, but the Chargers have the best pass offense, and it's not even close. Forget what you have read about NO or Indy's passing O being better. It's not. They have just thrown the ball more than the Chargers. The Chargers have the most explosive and the most efficient passing game in the league this year, and that's quite a combination.