1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

NOrv Turner is a Eunuch!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by NORV4LIFE, Jan 2, 2011.

1. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58

ENough said. This guy has no balls. He coaches every game as if he's been castrated. I think most women would be way better coaches because they probably have more testosterone by far than norv!

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    :icon_toast:

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Amen brother

4. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    TOTAL PWNAGE. What does this mean about AJ?

5. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    IDK, AJ is king and norv just runs his harem?

• Like Like x 1
  6. SDBoltzFan

SDBoltzFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    His weak *** coaching decisions at the end of the game today almost lost it. Up by 12 with about three minutes left and he is trying to run out the clock running up the middle instead of trying to put the game away with Rivers throwing the ball. I can't believe he is coming back next year.

7. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I know I am going to get a lot of flak for this but here it goes.

I hope that the Chargers go 0-16 next year because hopefully it means that Norv will be fired finally and get the Bolts a new HC that will get the job done. I am sick and tired of not getting the Lombardi and Rings for the Chargers.

8. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Here we go again...

9. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Is this what it's going to take? I don't understand the Norv infatuation. At all. He is mediocre at the very best.

10. Aussiebolt21

Aussiebolt21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    beautifuly said

11. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    BUT.......

in his defense our special teams once again were not so special

12. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I understand that feeling. I was bashed by several people because I said I really didn't care if we beat the Broncos or not. Norv wasn't going anywhere. AJ would just screw up the draft pick no matter where it was. And whether we are 9-7 or 8-8, the season was a complete failure. So win or loss was irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

I really don't want my team going 0-16, but even if they do, I have no faith in the teams management to make a change at Head Coach. They will make up some other BS excuse for why he is a failure, just like they have for 4 years

13. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I would say it was more about Rivera's weak *** soft play calling, was why they almost came back

14. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    that's understandable, I wish that the pats go 0-16

15. SDBoltzFan

SDBoltzFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    True, but that's another story. We were moving the ball well through the air, but on third and long and driving he runs Sproles up the middle and plays for the punt and field position. Let rivers try and get the first and hopefully a score out of the drive and the game is over. Even if you don't score but extend the drive you run more clock.

16. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Don't forget that we used 2 TO's in that drive which also stopped teh clock. I was in my seat yelling for them to let the clock keep running and just the the damn play off.

17. Old School SD Fan

Old School SD Fan Unhappy Camper

Ratings:
    +13
    Man, nobody knows how to keep the pedal to the metal for 60 minutes anymore. Maybe the NFL should outlaw the prevent.

18. JohnnyX

Ratings:
    +378
    Hey! Your hurting Norv's feelings. Spanos doesn't like that. 5 year extension for Norv. Yay Norv!!!

19. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    How spoiled we Chargers fans have become...

Cry and moan over a head coach with a winning record, who runs perhaps one of the most feared offenses in the league... If he runs the ball people cry he should pass. If he passes the ball people cry he should have run. All with the 50/50 hindsight goggles on.

Norv has developed Rivers into possibly the best young QB in the league, he has a defensive coach (for now) who had his unit playing at the top of the league. Norv with all the injuries kept the O playing at the top of the league. Rivers threw to what, 18 different receivers this season, over 70 different players wore the lightning bolt this season. Still they managed to have a winning season. Man that is some terrible coaching isnt it? (Yeah that is sarcasm for you arm chair GMs out there who are sticking needles into their Norv dolls).

He isnt a fiery personality so you guys and gals dont like him. I guess winning isnt that important to you, I guess how he smiles for the camera is what you guys need. And before you fire back with you ill thought out 'he hasnt won a super bowl' BS let me remind you that neither did Gilman, or Coryell , both who are fa-nominal coaches, who set some impressive records, records that Norv's Chargers are breaking.

I think many of you need to step out of the Madden world and get your heads straight in the real world. Several of you, and you know who you are, complain regardless of what happens. Many of you feel anything short of perfection is unacceptable, you rant and rave as if your badgering and beating a dead horse with your same lame commentary will change anything. As I said, you look in hindsight at everything and think given hindsight you could do a better job. Problem is no one, even you believes it.

So there it is. I find your Norv rants childish and lacking in thought. You will have to get over it, luckily for you, you probably have 2 years to get over it, because odds are there will be no football for you to cry about this year.

20. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Care to take Norv off your chin? (How was that for "lacking thought")

21. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Conc, QFT if I've ever seen it, until "Norv is a winning coach" as a basis for keeping him. No, it's not enough, period. He isn't going to coach a Playoff team for the first time since he's been the Head Coach. I'd fire Norv, because this isn't the right direction. Something's wrong. Something's missing and I don't think they'll find it with Turner.

22. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    I also am tired of the Norv hate that is spewed in here, not that I think he is great, but for the fact that nothing can be done until the power that be decide to do so. All I can do is hope for the best and a new DC that can get the defense playing at least in the top ten, and not against a bottom tier schedule.

23. JohnnyX

Ratings:
    +378
    You know what's getting old? Your unnecessary hate for Rivera even though he's has this defense at #1 without a all star cast such as Lebeau has in Pittsburgh. The defense can get better but it won't go anywhere regardless of a new DC if Norv is still here. Norv is the problem and hopefully Dean and AJ can figure that out.

24. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Indeed it did lack thought and show you as an immature person of questionable sexuality who when shown opposing opinions has to resort to such mindless attempts at insults.

25. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    The Chargers offense is for real and has been for several years now. The defense put up some impressive numbers against the bottom feeders of the NFL. That may work for you but it is a total joke to me. As far as the Stillers go, they could take our players and turn them into winners, it's called tradition. When haven't the stillers had a sound defense???????

26. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Oh I feel ya playah... The Colts are soo easy to defense... KC's run game, Oaklands run game, turrable, simply turrable... Houston had a top 10 O when we faced them, pitty we couldnt beat them right? Yeah the Chargers faced only scrubs and replacement players. They should apologize to the world for their stats... *sigh* *roll-eyes*

27. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    6 of their 13 teams played had an average ranking of #26 on offense. We played 7 teams in the top 15 of the league, and the remaining were absolutely terrible.

Plus, when your special teams sucks and teams only have to drive 25 yards to get into scoring position rather than 60+, then that is 35 less yards the defense gave up and allows their stats to be padded.

The Chargers defense wasn't bad, but they were no where near a top 10 defense. The Steelers, Jets, Bears, Phili Green Bay and the Ravens are not wishing they had our defense, because all those teams were better.

28. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    They led the league in sacks, was the best pass stopping D statistically. You apologize for that, I will simply enjoy it and hope the continue to get better.

29. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I hoe they get better also, and that is because I understand that they were not as good as the stats say they are. If they were a legit #1 defense, they wouldn't have a lot of room for growth. They were honestly somewhere around the #10-15 defense in the league, and they will hopefully spend the majority of the draft improving the defense so they can legitimately be a top 5-10 defense next year.

30. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Even the best D has room for improvement. The Bears D was not perfect. Only in Madden do you have perfect Ds. Lets agree to disagree as I feel there are fans who will never be happy with what the team does. I honestly think there are people here who would complain if the team went 19-0...